PDA

View Full Version : 3A racing muffler

jamesh23
01-11-2009, 07:00 PM
they sell these at autozone for $65 with tax, its chrome and 3 1/2 inches I think, do they make the car louder and deeper? I want to buy a good muffler that changes my sound and maybe frees up some hp, but it has to be kinda cheap, cuz I still have to pay for the shop to put it on.

86lx-i
01-11-2009, 07:18 PM
i have the fake carbon fiber one?:dunno:
it made my DA integra sound pretty good. it sounded terrible before it though. the exhaust was cut off at the wheels.
it was a pretty deep tone sound. it sound JUST O.K at high RPM though.

hope that helps?

jamesh23
01-11-2009, 07:28 PM
i have the fake carbon fiber one?:dunno:
it made my DA integra sound pretty good. it sounded terrible before it though. the exhaust was cut off at the wheels.
it was a pretty deep tone sound. it sound JUST O.K at high RPM though.

hope that helps?

ya thanks, and does anyone know how to take off the stock muffler off of a 1988 honda accord lxi? its welded it looks like but I could be wrong.

codyJDM
01-11-2009, 07:31 PM
It is welded.

There is a flange at the rear wheels where you can unbolt it along with some piping, though.

Don't waste your money on Vatozone APC bullshit. Save yourself from being called a ricer.

86lx-i
01-11-2009, 07:38 PM
It is welded.

There is a flange at the rear wheels where you can unbolt it along with some piping, though.

Don't waste your money on Vatozone APC bullshit. Save yourself from being called a ricer.

haha. i never welded that shit in my car. that Integra was a shit box. hahaha

OldSkoolA20accord
01-11-2009, 07:48 PM
if you get the muffler take it to a muffler shop and have them weld it on.

I have a big ass 3a racing carbon muffler on my hatch. Its verry deep and looks like a hks exhaust. lol

If you get the muffler and want to free up some hp cut the res and the cat off and have a muffler shop weld up a piece of pipe in place. Then take the cat to the scrap yard and get $100 for it. lol

Ill take a vid of my buddies hatch thats straight piped with a 3a racing muffler and ill post it up tomorow. IT is loud as fAUCK. Should satisfy your ricer wants. lol

jamesh23
01-12-2009, 06:07 AM

I have a big ass 3a racing carbon muffler on my hatch. Its verry deep and looks like a hks exhaust. lol

If you get the muffler and want to free up some hp cut the res and the cat off and have a muffler shop weld up a piece of pipe in place. Then take the cat to the scrap yard and get $100 for it. lol

Ill take a vid of my buddies hatch thats straight piped with a 3a racing muffler and ill post it up tomorow. IT is loud as fAUCK. Should satisfy your ricer wants. lol

Will that cost me a whole lot? and I cant tell if your bein serious or not lol but I do want my car louder than it is now, I have a friend with a 91 accord and its way louder than mine because he has a hole in the muffler, it sounds alright though, I'd prefer it a bit deeper.

OldSkoolA20accord
01-12-2009, 03:03 PM
dude it should be like $15 to get it welded on. just replace the muffler. you will be happy with how it sounds

jamesh23
01-12-2009, 03:09 PM
dude it should be like $15 to get it welded on. just replace the muffler. you will be happy with how it sounds

The guy at the muffler shop said he would take out my resonater and cat and run the straight pipe and weld on a muffler for me for $100, worth it or no? I cant do the muffler myself, i have no welder and I cant take it off, Ive tried.

nd will they really give me $100 for the cat?

codyJDM
01-12-2009, 03:17 PM
The guy at the muffler shop said he would take out my resonater and cat and run the straight pipe and weld on a muffler for me for $100, worth it or no? I cant do the muffler myself, i have no welder and I cant take it off, Ive tried.

That is worth it. Very cheap.

jamesh23
01-12-2009, 03:56 PM
That is worth it. Very cheap.

I just gotta buy a muffler first lol but he said he would do it whenever I want, I prolly gotta pay for the pipe too, will it sound good with basically a straight pipe all the way back to a 3a racing muffler?

or i got about $50 to buy a muffler if someone wants to sell me one, they gotta be willing to ship though.

jamesh23
01-12-2009, 09:07 PM

you ever get that video? I'd appreciate if it was on youtube lol cuz my comp doesnt play sound clips on videos, so I use my ipod touch for that, but it dont play videos from any other site except youtube.

OldSkoolA20accord
01-12-2009, 09:44 PM
i say you get a cherrybomb and weld that in place of the res and cat. unless you want it really damn loud. cherrybomb is only like $24

Tdurr
01-12-2009, 09:48 PM
summit racing, get a 4ft stright secton of 2.5in pipe and a U bend, should run you around 45ish, then get some cutting tools, cut it to rout like the stock exhaust mark it then get it welded on at a muffler shop.
cheapest and most non restricting exhaust ever made for under 120 lol.

jamesh23
01-13-2009, 06:29 AM
i say you get a cherrybomb and weld that in place of the res and cat. unless you want it really damn loud. cherrybomb is only like $24

I still need a muffler though, or is a cherry bomb a muffler?

summit racing, get a 4ft stright secton of 2.5in pipe and a U bend, should run you around 45ish, then get some cutting tools, cut it to rout like the stock exhaust mark it then get it welded on at a muffler shop.
cheapest and most non restricting exhaust ever made for under 120 lol.

wont be under that, he charges 60 an hour and estimated labor at 100 for a little under two hours. besides I need a muffler for about 50, that cherry bomb which is 25, and the piping.

jamesh23
01-13-2009, 04:16 PM

thats exactly what the guy at the shop told me to do, I bought the cherry bomb, but I thought it was a muffler, so I still need one cuz mine has holes in it.

Tdurr
01-13-2009, 04:29 PM
wont be under that, he charges 60 an hour and estimated labor at 100 for a little under two hours. besides I need a muffler for about 50, that cherry bomb which is 25, and the piping.

Tell his ass, that welding pre-cut pipe isnt hard. I had the car up on a lift, I could with my crappy welding abilites get it done in a hour, hour 15 tops. lol

But like i said, pre-cut the pipe and have it all mapped out to where all that is needed is to cut the old exhaust off and weld up the new one.

cubert
01-13-2009, 04:30 PM
I had a dual tip 3A racing muffler on my 3g.

It lasted about two weeks before I ripped it back off. I thought it sounded like kaka...

Mind you I ran straight through exhaust to a mozart muffler on my civic for well over a year and it never bothered me...

labeledsk8r
01-13-2009, 04:43 PM
I had a dual tip 3A racing muffler on my 3g.

It lasted about two weeks before I ripped it back off. I thought it sounded like kaka...

Mind you I ran straight through exhaust to a mozart muffler on my civic for well over a year and it never bothered me...

yeah my buddy rana 3A fart can on his se-i it ended up blowing itself apart.. he went with a cherry bomb with a nice magnaflow tip ... mind you he was running a spoon converter (test pipe) and 2.25 inch pipeing

man save up and get a real exhaust... not crap .. you get what you pay for.. and you seem to need ot search a bit harder .. the noobs are takeing over lol

codyJDM
01-13-2009, 05:17 PM
I can't believe that many people actually put such low quality crap on their cars!

C'mon guys, y'all are better than that. haha.

86ccord
01-13-2009, 05:59 PM
I can't believe that many people actually put such low quality crap on their cars!

C'mon guys, y'all are better than that. haha.

i have a magnaflow dual, and i paid $325.00 and thats just for the muffler...

Josh89accord
01-13-2009, 06:01 PM
3a RICING muffler. 'nuff said.

codyJDM
01-13-2009, 07:46 PM
i have a magnaflow dual, and i paid $325.00 and thats just for the muffler...

And you have a nice looking, sounding, and quality muffler. :)

3a RICING muffler. 'nuff said.

Seconded.

jamesh23
01-14-2009, 06:25 AM
sorry I just aint spending $400 on an exhaust when the car isnt in mint shape, I got the door handle fixed, now it needs a tune up, alternator, muffler has holes, some guy said I needed a new front tie rod end.

what is a glasspack? is it a muffler? can I use it as a muffler? or should I buy two of them?

MessyHonda
01-15-2009, 10:06 AM
you can buy quality mufflers on ebay and have your local exhaust shop weld it on for like 50 bucks

cubert
01-15-2009, 10:18 AM
sorry I just aint spending $400 on an exhaust when the car isnt in mint shape, I got the door handle fixed, now it needs a tune up, alternator, muffler has holes, some guy said I needed a new front tie rod end.

what is a glasspack? is it a muffler? can I use it as a muffler? or should I buy two of them?

If these are the problems with the car the muffler should be the least of your worries...