PDA

View Full Version : 2 door/4 door disk swap parts difference

93IntegraGS
01-13-2009, 08:10 AM
I am sure this has been covered and I actually thought I found the answer in this post, but then towards the end people said otherwise so it is not clear.

Does an 88-89 SE-I coupe have all the parts needed to swap the disks to an 89 LX (CDN) 4-door sedan?

From what I read it seems that the E-Brake cable may be the only part that is not the same. What about all the rest?
I would love answers from people who have actually done this/tried this, instead of speculation.

I would also recommend this info be added to the How-to disk swap post.

Thanks in advanced.

Jason

MessyHonda
01-13-2009, 07:03 PM
i believe only the e-brake cables are not the same....napa carries them...you will also need the prop valve that is in the engine bay

snoopyloopy
01-14-2009, 08:08 AM
everything is the same, even ebrake cables. the part # for one of them is different, but they're identical in length for each respective side.

also, when you go to pull, only thing you need is the bracket that connects the spindle to the rear trailing arm, the spindles, and the brake line that runs from the caliper to the first connection on the trailing arm. everything else is the same, so don't worry about pulling the other idler arms and stuff. waste of time if it's free and money if you're at jy.

LX-incredible
01-14-2009, 04:21 PM
I took the control and trailing arms as they come with the "rear knee" at some yards for no extra cost. In any case it will be much easier to drop it with the arms attached. Those nuts that connect the spindle to trailing arm and bracket are a bitch with the strut in the way... I've done it both ways, trust me. You'll need to remove the exhaust, heat shield, and center console to get the cables. Bring a 10mm line wrench for the brake lines, and save yourself a lot of trouble by removing them when you just about have everything ready to come out of there. I would also bring a ball joint separator if you don't want the UCA.

The SE-i trailing arm brackets have a threaded stud where a hole normally is on the 88-89 drum brackets.

93IntegraGS
01-15-2009, 08:28 AM
Thank you all. The answer is clear now.

markmdz89hatch
01-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Hell yes. Thanks to everyone on this thread for a perfect Q&A. Love it.

93 --> Let us know how this works out for you once you get it done.

2drSE-i
01-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Sorry to go off topic, but this is OUTSTANDING I really think the forum as a whole is getting a TON smarter.