PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing accord:

iHATCHBACK
01-13-2009, 04:42 PM
I want to know all the models of the 3g accord.

So if I were reading a forsale ad w/no pics I'd no how to identify if it is a hatch or not if they did not clarify if it is one.

Basically I am wanting a 3g hatch and want to know what all models the hatch came in such as ex/dx etc .. and how often is it to find in 5spd?.

thanks im completely new to these cars,Im great w/all other chassis but this one.

:toilet:

A18A
01-13-2009, 05:02 PM
:welcome: to the site, heres all i know about what you want to know

dx - a20a1 (carbed) base model
lx - a20a1 (carbed) not so base model
lx-i - a20a3 (efi) model.

i think the lx-i is the highest model a hatch goes to. someone will correct me if i'm wrong though :)

LX-incredible
01-13-2009, 05:37 PM
They only made the hatches and coupes in the DX and LX-i submodels. LX-i was fuel injected and has power windows, mirrors, and stuff... Power locks were only used on the sedans. Interior and body color combinations make it pretty easy to tell models from pictures. You can have your first experience with our fabulous search engine looking for that...

iHATCHBACK
01-13-2009, 06:10 PM
hahhahaa darn searching .. hahhaa hanks guys im just looking for a fuel injected model hatch so badly right now.

Demon1024
01-14-2009, 12:46 AM
where r u?
i got something you could piece together...:)

iHATCHBACK
01-14-2009, 08:37 AM
where r u?
i got something you could piece together...:)

I do not want to piece anything together,I only buy cars from original owners in great shape.or second owners in fair shape.

2ndGenGuy
01-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Well there is always the bright red with black interior. That's always a DX. Been like that since the 1g Accord. I don't know any other ways to tell. They look identical outside otherwise as far as I can tell. But all 3g Accords look the same to me. :-P

cubert
01-14-2009, 09:30 AM
I do not want to piece anything together,I only buy cars from original owners in great shape.or second owners in fair shape.

I hate to rain on your parade...but it is probably going to be tough to find a 20+ year old first or second ownder car...

iHATCHBACK
01-14-2009, 10:43 AM
I hate to rain on your parade...but it is probably going to be tough to find a 20+ year old first or second ownder car...

Well down here I find them all the time.I just have never paid close attention to the older accord's.But I am 100% they are all over..So your not raining on my parade at all.I've owned over 24+ Honda/acura's 90% of them from original owner if not second all in unmolested incredible shape.

mushroom_toy
01-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Welcome IA member lol. Yeah Im pretty sure youll find something down here, there are plenty of 3gees....a lot of sedans on craigslist though, and not any hatches. Good luck on finding a hatch...so far there is 2 members on here that are on IA that I know of. Me and TheDarkRacer on here which is Tdurr on IA.

iHATCHBACK
01-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Welcome IA member lol. Yeah Im pretty sure youll find something down here, there are plenty of 3gees....a lot of sedans on craigslist though, and not any hatches. Good luck on finding a hatch...so far there is 2 members on here that are on IA that I know of. Me and TheDarkRacer on here which is Tdurr on IA.

Cool glad to know IF/WHEN I find a hatch I have other 3g enthusiast to come meet up w/@ the Varsity meets.
:flash:

ghettogeddy
01-14-2009, 01:28 PM

uhhh hmmmm i did lol and for $500 lol 1 owner 87 lxi hatch lol

iHATCHBACK
01-14-2009, 01:47 PM

That is the deals we find around here.These car's are deemed worthless where I am from that gives me an advantage.

[mushroom_toy] I am sure can back me up on that statement.

cubert
01-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Well down here I find them all the time.I just have never paid close attention to the older accord's.But I am 100% they are all over..So your not raining on my parade at all.I've owned over 24+ Honda/acura's 90% of them from original owner if not second all in unmolested incredible shape.

Thats awesome...im guess im used to the northeast where everything usually rusts out before it gets the chance to see 20 years old..

send me one :lol:

Nice car and an endless music collection...http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1928_middle_finger.gif

:rofl:

iHATCHBACK
01-14-2009, 05:23 PM
I want a hatch so badly right now .. I'll pick up an auto if need be right now I do not care hahaaa.I can convert it I've converted both eg/ef to manuals before.

MessyHonda
01-15-2009, 10:38 AM

same here...i bought if off the original owner with 136k for 500 bucks

Dr_Snooz
01-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Yes, I carjacked an 80 year old lady at knifepoint to get my one-owner car. She put up a good fight, but I bested her in the end. It took three grown men to subdue her. 3g owners are very passionate.

iHATCHBACK
01-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Yes, I carjacked an 80 year old lady at knifepoint to get my one-owner car. She put up a good fight, but I bested her in the end. It took three grown men to subdue her. 3g owners are very passionate.

I love my 3g's .. but mainly all civic hatch's.But hope to find a good accord hatch.

:beat: [80 yearold?]

iHATCHBACK
09-03-2012, 09:32 PM
So here I am.. I fell off the face of the planet. Well sort of? I've found some 3g's but nothing worth buying. I've been going to local yards week after week getting every part that isn't easy to just find.

Anyone know how hard it is to manual swap one of these cars? I have literally everything from what i believe would be needed.

Civic Accord Honda
09-04-2012, 03:59 PM
not to bad. to do. the hardest part is the pedels lol. just remove everything automatic and replace with 5speed parts. then jump a wire, and done lol... you will love installing the 5speed after you remove the 2ton auto :lol: