PDA

View Full Version : NEED some adivice.

Rendon LX-i
01-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Okay my accord runs fine and all but im having some Idle issues. When im just driving its fine and under boost its fine also. but when im just sitting at a stop sign/light for then a 2 minutes it goes from 1k to 900 an stumbles and drops to 0 then back to 1 and steady again. I have my fpr set at 39psi and when reved its goes to 42 so i know i have fuel pressure. Maybe ICV or TPS. Other then that runes good. Also i got G-Power NGKs and i gaped them to 28 and seems like i lost power under boost. So i might just regap em to 30-35. I used to have em at 50 and it was crazy power. But any adivice would help nothing serious just its starting to bug me. thanks guys :cheers:

PS. this all started happen when i did the injector swap and SAFC install

Rendon

Rendon LX-i
01-15-2009, 06:35 PM
no one huh....

2ndGenGuy
01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Bump! Sorry I wish I could do more on this one. :(

Tdurr
01-15-2009, 07:35 PM
stickey injectors?

Dono, id just turn the idle up via screw on the TB lol.

my car does it too sometimes, if u step on the brake does it shutter?

Rendon LX-i
01-15-2009, 08:01 PM
No no shuttler or nothing just when im sitting for awhile at a stop. under boost and WOT or just basic driving its fine. no misfire or nothing. if i had a bad injector i think i would have no power. So idk im think im going to be aiming at a vac leak or even a ICV.

2drSE-i
01-15-2009, 08:20 PM
mine does this too. Pretty sure its my fast idle valve though. I had it adjusted at one point a couple of years ago when i had some other work done, and it went away for quite a while.

Rendon LX-i
01-15-2009, 09:04 PM
its really gay lol...but im going to have to clean it out again or something

2ndGenGuy
01-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Does your boost gauge show vacuum too? What does your vacuum show at idle? That's how you'll know if you've got a leak right away. The manual shows how much idle vacuum you should have. I imagine with the turbo not spooled at idle it should still have the same vacuum properties as the car would normally. Vacuum leaks are always a possibility with boost. Since usually vacuum lines and fittings aren't really designed for pressure like that.