PDA

View Full Version : Addco Rear Anti-Sway Bar

OldSkoolA20accord
07-31-2008, 08:42 PM
if my DX hatch doesnt have a rear sway bar are the mounts/holes there?

it handles great now. i cant imagine it with a sway bar

OldSkoolA20accord
01-11-2009, 07:32 PM
does anyone have the addco sway bars for our car?

and i heard my dx doesnt have a rear sway bar. does it still have all the mounting holes and junk

snoopyloopy
01-14-2009, 08:11 AM
i do believe ericw runs an addco rear bar. not sure if he runs addco front as well. and about the mounting holes, i'm not sure. i guess depends if it was cheaper to build to separate assembly lines i guess for honda or not for the different body styles or just not drill the dxs or w/e.

2drSE-i
01-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Im sure it still has the holes, probly just not the brackets. And you can bet if your car has ever been undercoated its gonna be hard to find those holes.

Dominator
01-15-2009, 02:03 AM
Is there any performance 1st gen suspension out there? Anybody
used components from a different make/model and had good results.
I've got an '80 Accord. The struts that are on it are shot. I haven't
looked at what is there, but I'd like to upgrade when I replace them.
Anybody got ideas to maybe lower it an inch and get better handling?

OldSkoolA20accord
01-15-2009, 04:09 AM
yea it was under coated. so it is gonna be a bitch. but the addco bar come with brackets bushing and end links

Rendon LX-i
01-15-2009, 08:32 AM
i heard that the addco bar was garbage but then idk since i dont got one. im getting the vigor one and just paint it.

markmdz89hatch
01-15-2009, 02:55 PM
the addco bar is actually a very beefy, and good quality bar, but what some have found out the hard way is that it doesn't fit (without modification to the brackets) on an SE-i, or rear-disc converted 3G.

As for the mounting holes, yep, any 3G should have the holes, it's just a matter of whether or not they're in use.

But, if memory serves me, the Addco mounting instructions require you to mount the supporting brackets in a different position from stock, so it's not just a 'bolt-on' so-to-speak. Not a big deal though.

On a side note: Just for the sake of keeping the stickied threads clean, I'm going to move all these posts to a thread specifically for the Addco bar. You might get a better response that way too.

OldSkoolA20accord
01-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks man. I plan on making my hatch look like yours. lol I think i might buy when i get some spare cash.