PDA

View Full Version : Plug Wires And Tie Bar Torque

DEEGO
01-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi 3GEE'RZ,

I recently replaced the spark plugs on my 87 DX. The cap, rotor are still new and wires are ok upon inspection. I keep feeling like I should've replaced them anyway. Any suggestions? Also I bought a 90 Accord rear tie bar. I was reading a post where a fellow 3 GEE'R added one. I was searching on the forum and also in the service manual and I cannot find the torque spec for that. Can anyone advise? Thank you in advance!

evil88accordLX
01-17-2009, 03:08 PM
does bolt TQ even matter with a tie bar? i dont think it does with a strut tower bar, so i dont see why it would with a tie bar. someone please tell me im wrong so i will have learned something new today.

Strugglebucket
01-17-2009, 03:23 PM
The bolts that attach the rear lower control arms to the body are 40ft/lbs.

DEEGO
01-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Ok, so ill go with 40lbs for the tie bar, Thank you very much! Any word on the plug wires?

Dr_Snooz
01-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Your wire inspection should have been done with an ohmmeter. If they came in under 25k ohms, then you should be fine. They are a 60,000 mile inspection item, not a replacement item, so again, you should be okay. I always replace at 60k, but I'm kinda OCD like that. If you start to have running issues, those items would be the first place I'd check.