PDA

View Full Version : '89 Accord LX Sedan lip kit? And rims?

Crim7860
01-18-2009, 09:23 PM
I was wondering if there were any lip kits for the '89 Accord Sedan...
and what rims do you recommend for a tight budget?

Thanks

LxAcc510
01-18-2009, 10:59 PM
www.ebay.com

Pico
01-19-2009, 12:31 AM
you can use a lip off of a 2nd gen integra, for rim's check out craigslist

Rendon LX-i
01-19-2009, 12:43 AM
A lip off a 93 accord also works nice. thats what i did its basicly a direct bolt on.

MessyHonda
01-19-2009, 09:15 AM
i used a 1st gen teg lip off the 88-89 bumper

markmdz89hatch
01-23-2009, 06:51 AM
wheels can be had basically anywhere. You might be able to get your hands on some Mazda Protege wheels for dirt cheap, and they're 15's with proper lug pattern. Miata wheels should also work well too. If you check out some auctions on ebay, you can get some pretty decent 15's for a good price too. While you're looking at those auctions, notice that some stores are putting up a fitment chart of all year/make/model cars that their rims will fit. That's a good list to use to scab some oem wheels off any of those cars if you happen to like them.

as for the lip, there's no company out there that actually makes a lip for our car. There are a few companies that are making full front bumpers however. IF you're lucky enough to find one, Honda did make a lip for the 3G from the factory, but I think of the thousands of members here, there might be only one or two that actually have that lip. Others, from other cars are readily available and pretty cheap, and with a little work, can be made to fit and look pretty damn good.

3rd Party
01-28-2009, 03:29 AM
Rota dude...fake, but cheap...as long as you're not autoxing, or rallying i don't see why anyone wouldn't get those brand wheels. :thumbup:

3rd Party
01-28-2009, 03:32 AM
oh, i almost forgot too...there's a thing some do using that black border nonsense used in gardens? it's a rubbery type compound and flexes easily so you can drill it into your front bumper. if done right looks RICETASTIC!:thumbup:

Tdurr
01-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Rota dude...fake, but cheap...as long as you're not autoxing, or rallying i don't see why anyone wouldn't get those brand wheels. :thumbup:

ppl track those all day with no probs. dont knock it till u try it ;)

3rd Party
01-28-2009, 03:30 PM
i'm just going based on the horror stories i've heard from the grape vine. they're not bad wheels, they're also not $1000 wheels...so them breaking easily is expected

MessyHonda
01-28-2009, 05:11 PM
i'm just going based on the horror stories i've heard from the grape vine. they're not bad wheels, they're also not $1000 wheels...so them breaking easily is expected

i drive my car really hard...whats wrong with rota? i have 16 inch slipstream...no bends or cracks yet....i have a full suspension....lowering springs, front and rear sway bar with all disk break set up.....im going to autox later when i get adjustable shocks. when i took out my GSR wheels one was really bent and it weighed around 16 pounds...rotas..12.5 pounds.

cubert
01-28-2009, 05:35 PM
did i miss the memo that said rotas are made from paper mache?

And yea, if youre looking for wheels on a budget, keep an eye out for factory wheels off of other hondas.

Tdurr
01-28-2009, 09:47 PM

thats just driver error/car failure not the rim being cheap. i know of like 4 stories that ppl talk about that make rotas seem like shit when it had nothing to do with the rim. but its all good man lol, just dont like seeing misleading info being given out.

Rendon LX-i
01-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Go with Motige Track lites. 205/50/15 set of tires and your set man. wheels are only 8lbs total you can pick em up with one figure or two. They are forged aluminum and Legal for AutoCross and Drag. I love em. nothing but good things bout this rims.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1742/1421/4353210058_large.jpg
Motegi Trak-Lite wheels--because every tenth of a second counts.

These Trak-Lite wheels from Motegi are a one-piece forged design and are stronger and lighter than cast wheels. They immediately improve handling, braking distance, and most importantly, acceleration. Less unsprung weight helps you get off the line quicker, so you can stop spinning your wheels and start racing them. Motegi Trak-Lite wheels are available in flat black and gunmetal finishes.

3rd Party
01-29-2009, 12:33 AM
i think i just mistyped what i was trying to get at, i myself just purchased an '87 Accord not more than a couple days ago and already plan on purchasing wheels from ROTA. they're great wheels for the price, and i think they're great budget wheels.

cubert
01-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Go with Motige Track lites. 205/50/15 set of tires and your set man. wheels are only 8lbs total you can pick em up with one figure or two. They are forged aluminum and Legal for AutoCross and Drag. I love em. nothing but good things bout this rims.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1742/1421/4353210058_large.jpg
Motegi Trak-Lite wheels--because every tenth of a second counts.

These Trak-Lite wheels from Motegi are a one-piece forged design and are stronger and lighter than cast wheels. They immediately improve handling, braking distance, and most importantly, acceleration. Less unsprung weight helps you get off the line quicker, so you can stop spinning your wheels and start racing them. Motegi Trak-Lite wheels are available in flat black and gunmetal finishes.

Nice wheels...but im not sure if id recommend them for someone on a tight budget.

If i remember correctly the wheels off the civic HX are light as hell and can usually be picked up for a reasonable price. Im just not sure if they would fit over the front brakes of the LX-i...

Rendon LX-i
01-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Gsr,si,gsr specials,ls mesh. all under 200.

Tdurr
01-29-2009, 01:56 PM
^^ true story!