PDA

View Full Version : PCV valve.

Rendon LX-i
01-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Okay well im trying to figure out to vent crankcase pressure. So i taught the whole time that i had my stock pcv off. since i put a breather on..lol wrong i still have the valve that connects to the intake to the black box. Im trying to pull that fucker out lol...or would it matter if i just add a hose to the pvc valve and put a catch can on that. All i know is that valve is really in there. So im guessing its a pcv valve and should just pull right out Correct?

If i can get a pic or to and just to clear some things up. thanks:uh:

cygnus x-1
01-23-2009, 10:11 AM
That is the PCV valve. It's supposed to come out but they never do. The part it fits into is actually a rubber hose and is likely hardened from age. If you pull the valve out the hose will probably break. If you don't want to mess with it just leave it there and put the catch can between the valve and the intake manifold port. If the valve is plugged up though you'll have to replace it, and probably that hose as well. Fortunately the hose is still available and they're aren't horribly expensive from hondapartsdeals.com.

C|

Tdurr
02-12-2009, 05:54 PM
where is the pvc valve? i kinda wanna put a catch can on my car now after doing some reading...

Rendon LX-i
02-12-2009, 08:07 PM
right inbetween the 4 runners. the only metal valve there is. I install a ebay catch can but i need a better vac. should i just vent that one tube. or pretake turbo