PDA

View Full Version : o ring on water pump pipe

lostforawhile
01-24-2009, 05:58 PM
hey does anyone know the dimensions of that water pipe o ring? getting ready to put on the new manifold and run a bunch of plumbing,and i'm lacking that stupid o ring,no one has it available anywhere eithier. this is very frustrating. can't just hop in the car and go to the dealer, nearest dealer is 40 miles one way.

russiankid
01-24-2009, 06:06 PM
I got this from Majestic website.

O-RING (27.6X4.1)

2oodoor
01-24-2009, 06:11 PM
40 miles? Prince Group? I know it seemed to take forever to get there but didnt realize it was that far... those jerks need to refund my money for that ghey arse H hat.

2old_honda
01-31-2009, 02:26 AM
I needed to replace that o-ring and was in a bind, couldnt find the part in the time frame i had. What I did was took the pipe to the local ACE hardware store and got a generic o-ring that fit the diameter of the water pipe, I had to use two o-rings back to back in the little groove on the pipe because the stock o-ring is wider than the o-rings that ACE had. I packed some RTV in with both o-rings and installed the pipe. Worked perfect, no leaks. The o-rings I got were just generic off the shelf parts that could be had at any hardware store, just bring the water pipe in and see what fits.

lostforawhile
01-31-2009, 04:54 AM
I needed to replace that o-ring and was in a bind, couldnt find the part in the time frame i had. What I did was took the pipe to the local ACE hardware store and got a generic o-ring that fit the diameter of the water pipe, I had to use two o-rings back to back in the little groove on the pipe because the stock o-ring is wider than the o-rings that ACE had. I packed some RTV in with both o-rings and installed the pipe. Worked perfect, no leaks. The o-rings I got were just generic off the shelf parts that could be had at any hardware store, just bring the water pipe in and see what fits.i'm assuming they have to be over the edge of he metal edge or they won't seal, i'm trying to find one that is wide enough,thats the problem.

2oodoor
01-31-2009, 05:16 AM
call 706-228-7000 Tim, if they have it I will go pick it up, or you can order it in my name. They are open till noon on sat. I think, Gerald Jones Honda.
That is in case I forget again.. I am really sorry man, bitch of a week.

lostforawhile
01-31-2009, 05:19 AM
call 706-228-7000 Tim, if they have it I will go pick it up, or you can order it in my name. They are open till noon on sat. I think, Gerald Jones Honda.
That is in case I forget again.. I am really sorry man, bitch of a week.

thats ok roodoo i'm glad i'm not having your week . you need to take some vacation time,get the kids,and go fishing or something relieves the stress. going to look at another couple of hardware stores if i can't find it i'll call them.

lostforawhile
11-25-2009, 12:17 AM
thats ok roodoo i'm glad i'm not having your week . you need to take some vacation time,get the kids,and go fishing or something relieves the stress. going to look at another couple of hardware stores if i can't find it i'll call them.

roodoo, if you go to the honda store, can you grab one of those O rings, and an oil filter base gasket? let me know how much and i'll pay pal it to you. that way i can bolt that pipe in for good, as well as the base.

2oodoor
11-25-2009, 05:47 AM
K

lostforawhile
11-25-2009, 08:25 AM
K
thanks buddy:cheers: