PDA

View Full Version : looking for part info?

87DXACCORD
01-26-2009, 06:32 AM
On my carb a20a1 by the thermostat housing there is a piece that kinda looks like a a temp sending unit or something like that. Has 2 vaccum lines hooked to it. i need to replace it and the lines. Any info on that would be more than helpful. thanks in advance.

greentee76
01-26-2009, 03:07 PM
It is a thermovalve. It keeps the secondary from opening below a set temp.

89sei89dx
01-26-2009, 08:26 PM
i have the same thhing on my 87 fi a20a3. does it do the same on fi model. one of the 2 vac lines was broken off when i got the car.

87DXACCORD
01-27-2009, 06:50 AM
my line was broke off too and it looks shot. Is there another name besides thermovavle or is it a dealer item? I work at an autoparts store and i'm not seeing it. you think the dealer would still carry this item?

87DXACCORD
01-27-2009, 10:59 AM
i found the part at honda its diffently a dealer item. lists for 64.58 quite i a bit more than i thought it would be. where do the vaccum lines on that run to? and would it have anything to do with my car reving up to 3000rpm and sticking there while warming up or is that related to the choke?

2oodoor
01-27-2009, 11:14 AM
I think that one controls vacuum advance, you can by pass it by connecting the two hoses together. Unless it leaks water I would not worry about it.
The revving problem you have is choke fast idle. You should check the choke operation. There is a vacuum operated fast idle pull off diaphragm and a seperate choke pull off. NORMAL cars have the same pull off control that then the electric choke heater pulls the choke back after a few minutes of running. These so not have such a simple set up.
If the diaphragm is getting vacuum after warm up then it is likely the diaphragm it self not holding enough to pull the fast idle lever off the throttle.

After messing with mine a few weeks I decided to just pull if all off, as the car runs much better and safer with out it. YOu have to make a few adjustments to the base idle but at least it does not go runaway engine on ya.

87DXACCORD
01-31-2009, 06:50 AM
thanks i'll check into that i'm new to carbs so all this is a learning experience. i got alot of reading and tinkering to do. and difffently thanks for the tips