PDA

View Full Version : zMAX

DEEGO
01-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi, Have any of you savvy 3'GEERZ used zMAX(micro lubricant)? If so were there any worthwhile results? I see this product being advertised alot on the SPEED channel. Just wondering if its just snake oil or maybe true?

bank2me
01-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I always wondered about that stuff too dude. It's kind of expensive I think so it better be worth the money.

Tdurr
01-26-2009, 01:08 PM
wut is it supposed to do? and check bobtheoilguy.com or something like that, im sure it has info on zmax.

DEEGO
01-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Below is what zMAX claims... From zMAX.COM

The only product of its kind, zMAX is a
Good for automatic and manual transmissions. Compatible with all motor oils, including synthetic.
The only product of its kind, zMAX is a “micro-lubricant.” zMAX micro-molecules have been reformulated to be smaller than regular oil molecules.This allows zMAX micro-molecules to soak into metal - a product attribute none of our competitors can duplicate and because zMAX can soak into metal, it is able to disperse carbon and other harmful deposits. These deposits are a leading cause of engine damage and inefficient operation. The unique ability of zMAX to soak into metal and reduce harmful engine deposits results in:

Increased Gas Mileage
Improved Performance
Reduced Wear on Vital Engine Parts
Extended Engine Life
Reduced Emissions
For the Engine:

Cleans and conditions cylinder walls, pistons, piston rings, bearings and valves
Provides continuous lubrication of your engine’s internal parts
Protection for both new and used engines – helps with engine break in
The result is reduced wear on vital parts, longer engine life and restored power

For Fuel System:

Cleans your fuel system and conditions the combustion chambers of your engine
Removes carbon and other deposits from the intake/exhaust valves, valve guides, cylinder walls and piston rings
The result is increased gas mileage, improved performance, increased horsepower and lower emissions

For Transmission:

Cleans and lubricates the parts of your transmission

Increased lubrication helps prevent premature wear of internal transmission components
The result is smoother shifting, reduced wear and extended life for your transmission

Over the past 50 years, hundreds of tests have been conducted on zMAX. Many have been consumer tests using the product in everyday, real-life situations. But the important tests are the industry test protocols conducted in our own laboratory and by independent labs around the country. The results of these tests show that zMAX soaks into metal; reduces friction; increases horsepower; dissipates engine heat; helps improve or restore gas mileage and reduce emissions in older cars, by virtue of reducing engine deposits; helps maintain gas mileage and emissions in newer cars, by virtue of reducing engine deposits; helps reduce engine wear on vital engine parts, by virtue of reducing engine deposits; and helps to extend engine life, by virtue of reducing engine deposits.

How zMax Works

The fluids in your vehicle act as a carrier for zMAX. When zMAX reaches the fuel and engine systems, it soaks into the metal. Once the metal is treated with zMAX, it is cleaned and continuously protected from carbon and harmful deposits.

zMAX Soaks Into Metal

zMAX begins as pure micro-lubricant. Our proprietary process reformulates the micro-lubricant, altering the molecular structure, creating molecules that are far smaller than those of conventional motor oils. This reformulation process is the key to creating the zMAX micro-molecules that are so small zMAX actually soaks deep into metal. By soaking into metal, zMAX disperses carbon and other harmful deposits inside the engine, protecting your engine from the inside out.

Tdurr
01-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Bobtheoldguy.com search on there. I would say that sea-foam'ing it regularly + synthetic oil would do a better job the oil additives.

DEEGO
02-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Hey everyone,
I spent the cash on te zMAX system and I have to admit that it definately made a difference in my 87 DX granted I hadnt ever done anything to it. IE seafoam or anything. Just regular preventive maint. and its fantastic. A little pricey but in my book worth it.

cubert
02-26-2009, 08:43 AM
what do you mean by a difference? Engine less noisy? Run smoother?

Im not trying to call you out, im just very curious as to what it did for your car :thumbup:

86ccord
02-26-2009, 10:21 AM
did it give you 50 extra horse powers? :kekeke:

lol just kidding.. tell us what it did for you.. that stuff is like 40 bucks isnt it?

Hauntd ca3
02-27-2009, 12:56 AM
i fail to see how any additive that improves lubrication will help bedding a new motor in.
thats the exact opposite of what you want.
you want an oil to lubricate but not to well or the motor will never bed in and you'll just end up with glazed bores.
i personaly dont like oil additives
castrol and the likes spend millions getting an oil to do what it does under ever increasing stresses placed on it by modern motors.
if an oil hoses api service rating tests to a point where they invent new classifications for it, its gotta be good enuff for us and our motors
if the factory doesnt recommend it, why use it?

DEEGO
03-02-2009, 05:09 PM
what do you mean by a difference? Engine less noisy? Run smoother?

Im not trying to call you out, im just very curious as to what it did for your car :thumbup:

Car runs alot smoother at start up and in motion. I never claimed to have gotten any HP gains.