PDA

View Full Version : Problem: Cant Select Cold Air

Elver
01-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey you guys. Recently i had two hoses burst/rip. I changed them and car runs great. No over heating was allowed! now for some reason my air wont let me select cold. The knob will only let me get to the middle and hot.Air works great and it looks like so does my A/C. I did a radiator flush today. Help me out you guys. what can be the problems? Thermostat? Thanks in advance

Elver

ghettogeddy
01-26-2009, 06:06 PM
its a manual selector there is a clip that holds it in it might have poped off or is bent somehow there might also be somethingin the track holding stopping it

i could never figure out how to take the damn thing out so good luck their elol

bank2me
01-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Mr. Elver I had the same problem except mine wouldnt go on heat. I just stuck a big screwdriver in it and forced it and hoped nothin breaks. It's all good now dude I got heat. :D

russiankid
01-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Most likely a binding linkage. I would check the valve on the heater hose by the firewall.

Elver
01-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Hmm. Ok well ill check that binding linkage. The hose that broke was the heater hose that goes from the back to the front of the engine. Russian kid could you be more precise as to what to look for? I think the one that broke is the exact one you are talking about.