PDA

View Full Version : DAMN 2.5 Accord Parts!?

jameslwalker
01-26-2009, 06:21 PM
So here i am been at the old laptop for what seems like days on end, trying to find some stuff for my 85 hatchy and pretty much ZERO luck at all. Would you guys happen to have the inside scoop on any particular web sites that i should be checkin out? I dont really want to have live on ebay waiting for stuff to show up on sale. UGH!

2ndGenGuy
01-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Well what are you looking for? Like I was saying before... You gotta get a little creative for these cars. First off, you won't find any cold air intakes and the such, especially as these cars are carbureted. So you gotta think a little bit differently.

You can get a decent amount of horsepower out of these motors. They're very torquey though and tend to run out of breath up top. I think a decent cam ought to wake them up. With that you'll need a carb.

Remember these are older cars, and there are no catalog parts for them. You gotta get old school with them when you wanna build them up. But when you think about it really, is there anything you can buy for a newer Civic that will up the horsepower significantly for cheap? Not really? CAIs and Exhaust don't do a whole lot more for those than they will for your car.

If you're looking for power, first thing you'll wanna do is dump the stock carburetor. There are carb conversion kits that will bolt onto your intake manifold in place of the original carb. The Weber 32/36 is an economical option, but isn't much bigger than the stock carb. The 38 is similar is simplicity, actually simpler, IMO, and will bolt onto the same adapter plates. This will give you some decent juice. It's actually a better power jump than anything you can bolt onto any newer car, IMO.

I guess I'm going off on a tangent, and not really helping you out specifically. The big question is what do you really want to do? The stuff is hard to find, but I'm sure I can help you find what you're looking for.

jameslwalker
01-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the insight 2ndgenguy, i guess the first thing i want to do is lower it but i cant find any spring sets (less than a 1.5" drop) so i dont throw off the camber too much. Already saw the Weber conversion kit so gonna pick one up when i save up the duckets. I guess i want to get it lowered most of all just for the handling and aerodynamic aspect of it. Rims & rubber also a must but thats a given. Hopefully when it warms up a little gonna be able to pull the rear discs off an 85 lude (already printed out the write-up on it) at the local pull-a-part with my brother sometime. I also like the look of the one-piece JDM headlights (cant seem to find those either). But i have been looking most furiously. The biggest thing first is the drop because it looks good and the handling would be improved. I'm also wondering about any bumper closeouts, i could probably fabricate some. I worked in an aircraft machine for a good long while. The side moulding also has to go. Getting those smoothed out would definately look pretty sick (saw some pics picks on the forum). Oh and i got to use the rear defrost repair kit i got before i tint my windows. Not sure if i want to go with another header for the ES2 yet or not but it would probably be a good match with the Weber carb. So did i hear that the Weber would simplefy the vacuum system? That would be cool if it did. Well thats about it for now.

Later on

2ndGenGuy
01-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Well, there are springs out there. US made ones are hard to find. You could go to a spring shop, and take them yours and have some custom made up to your spec. Nobody has really done that, and I don't know what that would run you.

I've got some Eibach ProKit springs. I got mine New Old Stock, someone on the forum here found them for me in his area and let me know. Then I scored another set just last week, but I already promised them to someone. They are out there, but they're hard to find. Something tells me there is a warehouse out there with probably 20 boxes of new ones just sitting that have never sold.

There used to be B+G springs, which only a couple years ago quit making the 2g Accord stuff. Might find some floating around out there. Probably have all gone to the crusher with the cars.

And now King Springs manufactures springs still they are in Australia. Shipping is a bit expensive, but not terrible. Also Spax Springs in UK, they've got a pretty good reputation and shipping isn't nearly as bad. Might talk to a couple other 2gee guys and get in on a group buy or something to save on shipping. I can think of a few other people who might want to do that if they can get them cheaper... 84Accord, LilMike, CcordLevel2, maybe post a thread and PM them to see if there's any interest.

For handling, you've got Whiteline Swaybars and Addco still produce them. I think Whiteline took them out of the catalog this year, might wanna call them and see for sure.

They come with poly bushings, so for a complete kit would just need poly bushings for the LCAs where they bolt to the body, and for the radius rods. I think the radius rod bushings are the same as 3g Accord and 2g Prelude. Might have to experiment there and find some other bushings that will work. You could be a pioneer in that area for the 2gee!

The rear discs from the Prelude are sweet. The Si calipers are bigger so get those if you can. If not, the DX calipers will work, just have a bit smaller pads. Take your drums apart first so that way you can see how it all goes together, and what you'll need when you take the Prelude apart. You can shove your wheel bearings into the races on the Prelude discs if you find they are bad. The bearings are the same for the Lude and Accord.

As far as the 1-piece headlights go they are super rare!! Contact the New Zealand guys, AccordB20A, 3gcvc and A18 (I think that's what he goes by now, changes his name every once in a while, lol). Or maybe find a UK member who could hook you up. Though the parts are RARE in the UK. If you know German, there is a website in German where you could order them brand new, and they'd have the RHD beam pattern. You'll have to search to find those though, I don't remember where that was.

And yes the Weber will get rid of ALL the vacuum lines. Yes ALL of them. You only need two when you're done. One for the Vacuum advance, and the other for the heater box, since all the little flappy things are vacuum operated. You don't have cruise so you don't need a line for that. I still ran my cruise with the Weber too. Make sure you get the 38 though! You will not be disappointed!! I can help you tune it too if you get that far, since you're not too far away.

I ran my 2gee in Autocross with fully stock suspension, and 205/50-15's for tires. I ran about mid pack for novice, which I think was pretty good, considering the amount of cars that I was able to beat out. And the cars with so much more power and handling, the Accord really isn't bad at handling. I bet your base model hatch would do pretty good, it's very light! Much lighter than anything new out there.

accord83
01-27-2009, 08:28 AM
These guys might be able to help you with left hand drive jdm style headlights

http://www.hondayoungtimer.de/f96-b-English-Area-b.html

Its a German Honda site. I've not used them as
a, My Accord is RHD, and,
B, My German is crap and my internet translator is retarded!!

Or this site

http://www.autoteile-blinker.de/(292).html