PDA

View Full Version : 89 LXI problems

geeteedan
01-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Got me a 89 Accord LXi from a guy at work a few months ago. Car looks awesome and runs pretty good. Anyways, 3 things have come up recently and i need some input on how to fix them. First, the gear shifter moves up and down thru all the gears even with the car off ( its an auto). With the car on i can press the brake and hear the clicking noise coming from the gear shifter like its suppost to to let the shifter shift gears but i can put it in any gear with out pressing the brake. Second, on cold mornings the car dosnt want to reconize its in park and it takes a while to get the keys out. After the car warms up alittle inside i can play with the shifter until the red light comes on on the dash and i can get the keys out. I read somewhere that it might be a dust and grease build up that is keeping a small ball from hitting a detent, not 100% sure though. Third, check engine light was on when i bought it, i have done a tune up on it but need to know how to find out what is throwing the CEL light. Thanks and ANY input would help out a bunch.

AZmike
01-27-2009, 06:32 AM
Most questions have been covered many times here over the past several years. Have you tried searching yet? Check here for ECU information:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26342

geeteedan
01-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Most questions have been covered many times here over the past several years. Have you tried searching yet? Check here for ECU information:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26342

thanks, didnt know

went ahead and checked it and got 12 flashes

12 LED FLASH(s) 85-98 Accord
EGR Lift Sensor (Exhaust Gas Recirculation)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

IM going to take it off and try to clean it with some carb cleaner and reset the ecu, what fuse do i need to pull

AZmike
01-28-2009, 10:01 PM
I always just pull the battery ground for a few minutes. A search should get you the fuze if you want to try that route.