PDA

View Full Version : Rattling in the trunk

PuddleJumperKid
01-30-2009, 09:56 PM
I just in stalled a 12" pioneer in my trunk and when the trunk is closed and the rear seat isn't folded down the is a really noticeable rattle coming from the back, does any one know what it might be?? or how to fix it???:huh:

MessyHonda
01-30-2009, 10:09 PM
the licence plate holder

PuddleJumperKid
01-31-2009, 01:58 AM
I just figured it out, it was the rods that give the trunk door its springyness I dont know what to call them.

86ccord
01-31-2009, 11:47 AM
I just figured it out, it was the rods that give the trunk door its springyness I dont know what to call them.

oh yes, those things are hard to stop, i have a rubber thing in between em..lol

Dr_Snooz
01-31-2009, 08:53 PM
I twist-tied mine. It kinda worked.

MessyHonda
02-01-2009, 12:08 PM
mine is not too bad....i just turned my sub to -4

ghettogeddy
02-01-2009, 12:13 PM
the pioneer sub lol come one i know niggas is broke but dude at least go with a sony p5 series

PuddleJumperKid
02-02-2009, 09:48 PM
trust me this is good enough, it pounds and is really crear, it does all i need and more :)

ghettogeddy
02-02-2009, 11:23 PM
trust me this is good enough, it pounds and is really crear, it does all i need and more :)

you must be a easy lay

irondragon013
02-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Pioneer makes some decent entry level subs. I had a 10 from walmart that made me happy at first. For the money I considered it a good sub. That particular sub is currently in one of my friends cars. Though now I'm running 900rms into 2 kenwood 12s. Not even a comparison.

2oodoor
02-03-2009, 06:51 AM
kenwood pwns pioneer.. always has IMO

Sabz5150
02-03-2009, 08:33 AM
If you aren't looking to make your car bulge in and out like something from the Looney Tunes cartoons while waking everyone for a mile radius, Pioneer isn't bad. Not all of us need to shatter glass with our systems.

irondragon013
02-03-2009, 12:10 PM
The pioneers are good if you don't want to spend your time fixing every loose items in your car. I thought i got them all until I put a bass cd in the other day. that was a surprise at 2/3 volume. I forgot how strong they are.

ghettogeddy
02-03-2009, 12:25 PM
ya w/e lol i here pioneer and all i hear is nails on a chalk board they might be a good "entery" level sub but the sound quality compared to the same priced subs differ greatly same with any of there prducts im sorry
but at one time they made a great product but now that you can buy a deck at toys r us there cheap china made crap

Hauntd ca3
02-03-2009, 03:34 PM
pioneer make bloody good headunits but thats about it.
wouldnt buy another of the amps or speakers again

86ccord
02-03-2009, 03:43 PM
yeah, i dont really like pioneer stuff.. i bought some jensen door speakers and they still sound hella good.. but all my subs and amps are kenwood.

ghettogeddy
02-03-2009, 03:53 PM
pioneer make bloody good headunits but thats about it.
wouldn't buy another of the amps or speakers again

i sill would say there deck are cheap pos nowadays there not in it for quality like they used to there in it for quantity and when i company goes stereo shop only to mass production they loose alot of that quality

but remeber this is my pov not anyone elses and i cant change anyone minds lol but def do some resarch you will find with side by sides they dont have a chance vs some of the others lol like for a sub setup
the best tnign for the head unit to have is the high voltage preout

my old Panasonic had a 9v preout and most pioneers at that price were in the 3v area lol

i mean i dont have anything to say right now lol im rolling a broke ass sony deck that only the fm works so i use my mps on a fm modualtor lol
but i have a nice infity 1052w 10" and polk audio 5 1/4's all around and its crisp lol i got a freebe lighting audio amp lol

but i use to use the sony p5's i had 3 10's and about 2700 watts

those things would make you nose tingle and your eyes watter lol
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/DSCF0674.jpg

then i moved to a alpine type r 10 and a audiobahn 800watt mono that rattled teeth lol

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/8866f5cf.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/101_0495.jpg

MessyHonda
02-03-2009, 08:37 PM
im just happy with my type R even tho i need a better box

Bassmastry101
02-05-2009, 06:40 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/101_0495.jpg

Are those audiobahn amps any good?

ghettogeddy
02-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Are those audiobahn amps any good?

the a4004t 4ch was one of the best i have ever used made my polks sound like candy

the 800 watt mono was strong and did its jub for the price i got them for i would do it over again and i will in the future there just arent alot of good company's anymore im eather going back with audiobahn or ill by polk amps

Bassmastry101
02-05-2009, 07:10 PM
cool, i might pick me up one of those to match my 12s once my volfenhag amp dies

Hauntd ca3
02-05-2009, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=ghettogeddy;927136]i sill would say there deck are cheap pos nowadays there not in it for quality like they used to there in it for quantity and when i company goes stereo shop only to mass production they loose alot of that quality

must admit the new pioneer hu's dont do much for me.
i run a dehp 80rs competition unit i scored bout 3 year ago and i luv it to bits.
also have an older kehp 9750 which if your up with pioneer speak is the old kehp1 comp unit but is a tape unit not a cd unit.
is retro fitted with the p1 pre amps and sounds mega
that'll be going back in the 3g.
along with the jbl subs and components

stat1K
02-06-2009, 09:04 AM
i just read this whole thread and i have to say that geddy's spelling has become worse. but i'd have to agree on the pioneer front.

as far as the rattlign on those bars... i would take em out... problem solved, just get a prop for when you open your trunk.

lostforawhile
02-06-2009, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=ghettogeddy;927136]i sill would say there deck are cheap pos nowadays there not in it for quality like they used to there in it for quantity and when i company goes stereo shop only to mass production they loose alot of that quality

must admit the new pioneer hu's dont do much for me.
i run a dehp 80rs competition unit i scored bout 3 year ago and i luv it to bits.
also have an older kehp 9750 which if your up with pioneer speak is the old kehp1 comp unit but is a tape unit not a cd unit.
is retro fitted with the p1 pre amps and sounds mega
that'll be going back in the 3g.
along with the jbl subs and componentsfind one of the old clarion decks built like a brick shithouse and really clean sound.

87roach
02-06-2009, 04:10 PM
the a4004t 4ch was one of the best i have ever used made my polks sound like candy

the 800 watt mono was strong and did its jub for the price i got them for i would do it over again and i will in the future there just arent alot of good company's anymore im eather going back with audiobahn or ill by polk amps

Knarg! I found one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do I win? lol

lostforawhile
02-06-2009, 04:15 PM
some of these horrible systems i hear around here, nothing but the trunk rattling and nothing else, had a great money making idea, find some midget homies, then rent them out to ride in the trunk, instead of easy to steal systems that sound like shit,they can wear an ipod and kick the trunk lid in time to the beat. would sound exactly the same,be cheaper, and if the police impounded the car ,they can jump out and run off. lets see 200 pounds of subs do that lol. :lol:

ghettogeddy
02-06-2009, 04:16 PM
i just read this whole thread and i have to say that geddy's spelling has become worse. but i'd have to agree on the pioneer front.

as far as the rattlign on those bars... i would take em out... problem solved, just get a prop for when you open your trunk.

ive just been typing way to fast and i think my fingers got fat lol plus for the most part im pain med out lol so im not all here lol

ghettogeddy
02-06-2009, 04:18 PM
some of these horrible systems i hear around here, nothing but the trunk rattling and nothing else, had a great money making idea, find some midget homies, then rent them out to ride in the trunk, instead of easy to steal systems that sound like shit,they can wear an ipod and kick the trunk lid in time to the beat. would sound exactly the same,be cheaper, and if the police impounded the car ,they can jump out and run off. lets see 200 pounds of subs do that lol. :lol:

i have a saying if im inside and i cant here it rattle i dont give a shit lol
all my trunks besides the volvo cause i Dyna matted the whole thing have rattled lol most the time its the plate but its also any large surface that dose no nto have a support beam

but to be honest i could care less what other people hear as long as its clean inside lol

lostforawhile
02-06-2009, 04:21 PM
i have a saying if im inside and i cant here it rattle i dont give a shit lol
all my trunks besides the volvo cause i Dyna matted the whole thing have rattled lol most the time its the plate but its also any large surface that dose no nto have a support beam

but to be honest i could care less what other people hear as long as its clean inside lolwell most of these systems are nothing but a bunch of subs hooked to a walmart cd player and a thousand watt amp i've heard some hobbile shit around here the radio turned up into distortion and nothing but rattling shit lol

lostforawhile
02-06-2009, 04:26 PM
i used to put in really high end systems back in the day, so when someone throws together something that sounds awful,and doesn't even try, thats one of my pet peaves, like cah with his dumpster "subs" hooked up to the factory radio lol. I still like the old bazooka tubes,they are really cheap now, but i've got an original, it was powered but i got rid of the power unit, they were really built well when they were new. you can tune them with a good crossover to get rid of the harmonics if you are careful. not an eq,but a good passive crossover.

ghettogeddy
02-06-2009, 04:34 PM
oh def but sometimes those distorted setups dont sound bad on the inside
what i hate is people who jack up the bass on decks and think it slaps harder lol

i let the sub do the bass and the doors do the highs
and if i want mids i turn the door bass up a couple notches

lx-i coupe
02-07-2009, 06:37 PM
find one of the old clarion decks built like a brick shithouse and really clean sound.

i think thats what i'm doing in my 91ef. i have an old 12 disc clarion changer i would like to use again.

i'm really not a fan of anything built in like the past 4-5 years, almost everybody had gone with more eye candy than real features.

Catalyst
02-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Knarg! I found one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do I win? lol

Hahahaha High Five! :rockon: