PDA

View Full Version : 1979 Accord Door Lock Mechanism

Adam2953
01-31-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi All

I am looking for a right hand door lock mechanism for my 1979 3 Door Accord, UK Model.

There is (or was) a piece of plastic on the end of the metal clasp where the striker hits the lock, but it has "disintegrated".

Does anyone know where I could get a lock mechanism, or even just the plastic piece from?

Cheers

Adam

2ndGenGuy
01-31-2009, 10:05 AM
Looks like someone on eBay is selling some parts from a 79. Maybe you could send them a message asking for the part you're looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979-Honda-Accord-LX-Door-Handle-Lock-Assembly-PS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQ itemZ130237672725QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fParts Q5fAccessories

Also, did you check with a dealer by chance? SOMETIMES they have stuff even for older cars. Once in a while there will be 1 or 2 left.

Adam2953
02-01-2009, 03:29 AM
:thumbup:

Thanks for that.

I have mailed the seller.

Cheers

Adam

Adam2953
02-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Hey Guys,

Sorry to hear about the site being hacked, what a bunch of asses.

Still had no luck with the door lock, so poor old Accord is still of the road :-(

I have tried numerous Honda dealers here in the UK but it looks like Honda have discontinued the part.

Mailed 4 or 5 sellers on eBay in the USA and Australia but only 1 replied and he did not have the part.

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Are there any dealers in the US that still keep parts for these?

Thanks Again

Adam

2ndGenGuy
02-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Hmm... I would give this site a try.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

Or call them. The dealers are on a network, so if you give them a call they can look up if any dealers have them, or if Vintage Parts has them in stock.

2ndGenGuy
02-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Oh also, if you do a search at www.car-part.com, that's a nationwide network of wrecking yards. You can at least track down a yard somewhere in the country that has one, and they might pull and ship the parts to you.

Adam2953
02-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Oh also, if you do a search at www.car-part.com, that's a nationwide network of wrecking yards. You can at least track down a yard somewhere in the country that has one, and they might pull and ship the parts to you.

Thanks again, this was very helpful. I will let you know how I get on :-)

2ndGenGuy
02-03-2009, 12:20 PM
My zip is 98512, if you find something nearby, and can get the parts pulled, I can pick it up and ship it to you if necessary. I won't really have any time to pull parts myself for the next couple weeks. Most yards will pull the parts for a fee.

Adam2953
02-15-2009, 06:05 AM
My zip is 98512, if you find something nearby, and can get the parts pulled, I can pick it up and ship it to you if necessary. I won't really have any time to pull parts myself for the next couple weeks. Most yards will pull the parts for a fee.

2ndGenGuy, thank you very much for your kind offer and for all your help on this. I have eventually managed to get the part from Central Grade Autoparts in Idaho.

I would not have found it without your help :-).

If you ever need anything from the UK or if there is anything I can help you with please give me a shout. My email is [email protected].

Thanks Again

Adam

2ndGenGuy
02-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Glad you were able to get your parts, Adam. Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it. :)