PDA

View Full Version : should i get a 3rd 3g??

labeledsk8r
01-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Well i need input guys. after semi-lurking on here for a while again i have grown to miss the feel of a 3g. as some of you might know i sold my 2nd accord to vanillasky back when it was haveing problems and i could not afford to resolve them. anyways on topic, now that it seems like more items are getting made (i know theres still effort/extra money/chance) in getting some of these parts but its much better then it used to be it seems. more and more people have found ways to mod and addapt other parts aswell.

i know some people will say well mayby its time to try something else... and i agree that mayby i should.. just scared ima buy something then hate it.. im not a big fan of buying and selling alot so id like the buy to stick and me be happy with it. also i drive my GF's 2000 civic alot and she is slowly modding it and its fun to drive and all .. just doesnt feel the same as either of my accords were.

Now that i have fixed some things going on (just moved into a nice to apartment on the 16th) and i have a second vehicle (50cc scooter) even though its riped apart with a blown headgasket right now. id like to start looking into another car

so yeah i will add to it later but i want to hear some input

also for the people that dont remeber my cars or the noobs that seem to be poping up everyware heres links to my old cars

My 89 LX sedan last picture thread
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55938&

My 89 LX-i Coupe update thread (from 1st day home till being sold)
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64758&

discuss

Pico
01-31-2009, 06:33 PM
they are reliable, affordable and you know how to work on them.
So I say yes

2oodoor
01-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Make sure you are ready for worst case scenerio, have a place and means to do work on it, and get exactly what you want and see yourself in on the other side of it.
Yes it is inspiring to see these long time members making big progress on good ideas which were, after all, still pretty young as is the forum

Vanilla Sky
01-31-2009, 07:15 PM
I still need to get the one I bought from you fixed. Finally coming around from money being tight, but I should have it fixed sometime soon. The Camaro is about to die, so we need something while I find the wife a car.

I have been looking for another good running 3gee myself. Something for the wife. I can't find any nice ones around here. There's one that keeps getting posted in Mt Dora, but it looks like a pile. I'm sure you might be able to find one in Tampa or Orlando, but I haven't been able to find one in the Jacksonville, Ocala, Gainesville, St. Augustine, Daytona Beach or Space Coast Cragislist pages.

labeledsk8r
01-31-2009, 08:11 PM
I still need to get the one I bought from you fixed. Finally coming around from money being tight, but I should have it fixed sometime soon. The Camaro is about to die, so we need something while I find the wife a car.

I have been looking for another good running 3gee myself. Something for the wife. I can't find any nice ones around here. There's one that keeps getting posted in Mt Dora, but it looks like a pile. I'm sure you might be able to find one in Tampa or Orlando, but I haven't been able to find one in the Jacksonville, Ocala, Gainesville, St. Augustine, Daytona Beach or Space Coast Cragislist pages.

yeah i have been just searching around seeing what pops up and i havent seen anything to even consider. i dont have the money yet for it (well i have some since taxs are comeing) but i figure while i make up my mind if i want a 3rd 3g i better keep an eye out for one

Vanilla Sky
01-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Third time's the charm, that's what I'm expecting. I've had 2 that were meant to be drivers, and the new one is in nice shape. The small things are small things, not really things that will keep it from driving.

A18A
01-31-2009, 08:50 PM
Yes :D

Hauntd ca3
01-31-2009, 09:47 PM
x2
you NEED another 3g

Rendon LX-i
01-31-2009, 10:11 PM
x4 man you NEEd a another 3gee.

lx-i coupe
01-31-2009, 11:40 PM
i'm looking at getting another one. traded my coupe for a set of snap on tool boxes.....my wife still thinks i'm an idiot... (do kind of regret it). her sentra's about ready to shit the bed, and i would really like out of a car payment.

labeledsk8r
02-04-2009, 08:11 PM
bumb got nocked down after the hack. im still conisdering it.. i just know ima have to change almost all of the oil seals (the florida heat seems to make them leak faster) . and i just havent seen anytihng worth even considering

3gmodifier
02-04-2009, 08:48 PM
hey labledsk8r, if u r willing to just buy new bumpers and a paint job, i still have my fully shaved sedan up for sale. tons of mods. to much to list right now but find my thread. i would love to sell her to a fellow 3geezer if you know what i mean. i know you will take care of her.

p.s. i am more than willing to cut down the price knowing that it will be going to someone who will appreciate it

labeledsk8r
02-04-2009, 09:44 PM
hey labledsk8r, if u r willing to just buy new bumpers and a paint job, i still have my fully shaved sedan up for sale. tons of mods. to much to list right now but find my thread. i would love to sell her to a fellow 3geezer if you know what i mean. i know you will take care of her.

p.s. i am more than willing to cut down the price knowing that it will be going to someone who will appreciate it

only problem is im in florida lol you do have a great car for sale, just dunno if i can ever own a sedan again much rather a coupe or hatch, but trust me your car is worth the price your selling it for for the amount of work into it.. im shocked you havent sold it yet? u should bump that thread

SZfiftyfour
02-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Go for it dude! A couple months ago there were quite a few 3geez on CL within 60 miles of here. Im always looking aswell but i dont really plan on getting another 3g for a while. I will keep an eye out around town and let ya know if i find one.

Make sure you are ready for worst case scenerio, have a place and means to do work on it, and get exactly what you want and see yourself in on the other side of it.
Yes it is inspiring to see these long time members making big progress on good ideas which were, after all, still pretty young as is the forum

I have a garage and a big backyard. I would help you out sk8r.

labeledsk8r
02-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Go for it dude! A couple months ago there were quite a few 3geez on CL within 60 miles of here. Im always looking aswell but i dont really plan on getting another 3g for a while. I will keep an eye out around town and let ya know if i find one.

I have a garage and a big backyard. I would help you out sk8r.

theres like none on CL right now that are worth a damn. thats one that that worries me my new apartment i cant really work on a car and a 3g normaly needs alot of work to get it back into tip top shape. but yeah thanks let me know if you see anytihng im really interested in a coupe or mayby a hatch. and damn when are we gonna get a mini meet going? go on a little photo shoot with my gf's civic

and weres all the guys on here that have moved on to newer cars talking about how much nicer newer cars are.. i expected some input on that lol

cubert
02-07-2009, 04:49 PM
and weres all the guys on here that have moved on to newer cars talking about how much nicer newer cars are.. i expected some input on that lol

I seem to have misplaced my flame suit...so I keep quiet :lol:

Vanilla Sky
02-08-2009, 03:38 PM
As soon as I get mine up and running, that's another place you could work on your car. It's over an hour away, but the offer is there.

Someone needs to call me at like 7:00 in the AM to tell me to remember to get the seals for my transmission. They're a special order part, and I just haven't made the effort to grab them.

2oodoor
02-08-2009, 03:52 PM
draw something on your wrist with a sharpie, works for me ( only if I remember what it was I was supposed to remember)

I already posted here to reply to FP, but to add to that comment sk8r you had a newer car also ... so was it indeed better.?.. meh I thought so so :rockon:

Vanilla Sky
02-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Wouldn't work where I work.

labeledsk8r
02-11-2009, 02:32 PM
I seem to have misplaced my flame suit...so I keep quiet :lol:

well get it on LOL im really wanting input on all aspects

As soon as I get mine up and running, that's another place you could work on your car. It's over an hour away, but the offer is there.

Someone needs to call me at like 7:00 in the AM to tell me to remember to get the seals for my transmission. They're a special order part, and I just haven't made the effort to grab them.

thats a bit far of a drive but still,

did you remember the parts? lol

draw something on your wrist with a sharpie, works for me ( only if I remember what it was I was supposed to remember)

I already posted here to reply to FP, but to add to that comment sk8r you had a newer car also ... so was it indeed better.?.. meh I thought so so :rockon:

well the cutlass was...difrent it was fun as a car but theres really no aftermarket and well it was american and falling apart, i was thinking a newer jap car, i was thinking of a DA teggy but i dunno

this might happen sooner then i thought if i cant get my scoot running again

SZfiftyfour
02-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Found one, I seen it on my way home today. I even stopped to look at it= 88-89:), but auto:( & LX:( & they're asking 1900<--:lol:. But the paint is real nice with no fading, i didnt see any rust, the interior is mint from what i seen. Its Maroon-ish in/out (Same color as GraniteLXi's car: http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63010 ), No dents or noticeable scratches. Its got a nice set of aftermarket wheels and tires (Konig & maybe 17"?) in good 'sellable' condition. Thats probably a $1200 set new.
As you can tell i didn't stick around long. Its at a garage/cash dealer on 441-northbound, between Big sun salvage and 91st.

edit: sorry. Meant to add, its a 4 door

labeledsk8r
02-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Found one, I seen it on my way home today. I even stopped to look at it= 88-89:), but auto:( & LX:( & they're asking 1900<--:lol:. But the paint is real nice with no fading, i didnt see any rust, the interior is mint from what i seen. Its Maroon-ish in/out (Same color as GraniteLXi's car: http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63010 ), No dents or noticeable scratches. Its got a nice set of aftermarket wheels and tires (Konig & maybe 17"?) in good 'sellable' condition. Thats probably a $1200 set new.
As you can tell i didn't stick around long. Its at a garage/cash dealer on 441-northbound, between Big sun salvage and 91st.

hmm lol its a sedan isnt it lol, i know the place your talking about they had a DX coupe out there a year or so ago and wanted over 3 grand for it LOL. thanks for looking out man, i might go look at it on my next day off 1.9k is a bit much for me to deal with carbs again, time will tell . thanks again

SZfiftyfour
02-11-2009, 03:17 PM
lol yea sedan. i must have edited while you were typing.

labeledsk8r
02-11-2009, 03:19 PM
lol yea sedan. i must have edited while you were typing.

lol yeah, i still might go check it out and see if i can talk him down, if i can get the price right i might consider, just really do want a coupe

SZfiftyfour
02-11-2009, 04:42 PM
If you can get em down to like 1500 it may be a good deal as long as its mechanically sound. Then you could sell the ricer wheels/tires for 600ish. Pop on the fat fives and you're golden. But im like you, auto+LX is a big deterrant.

labeledsk8r
02-11-2009, 05:39 PM
just found this and sounds interesting, i have allways loved that interior color aswell, cant tell though if thats a rust spot on the rear wheel fender
http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/1031047486.html

only bad thing is that its auto, but the mileage makes up for it...i could allways stay auto then 5 speed it once i get the cash i guess

SZfiftyfour
02-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Nice! armest too. Needs an oem spoiler though.

labeledsk8r
02-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Nice! armest too. Needs an oem spoiler though.

has cupholders aswell if you look hard enough...and yeah a spoiler would be nice... i cant tell if thats the se-i green though looks kinda like it, pics are just to shity... im not even motivated to call as i just did my taxs and will only be getting 850ish back, god i hate my job lol and thanks to this move i did last month my saveings money is spent, oh well i can dream lol

SZfiftyfour
02-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Yep, taxes suck this year. Im getting 3K but only because i have a kid. Would have been over 6K had I not gotten married though.

Vanilla Sky
02-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Between my wife an I, we only got back $1500. We got new phones because our contract was up, took my mom out for pizza, and the rest is going to bills. We're trying to get our high interest bills payed off. I'll manage to get the parts I need to get the 3gee fixed, but that's about it.

labeledsk8r
02-12-2009, 05:29 PM
just got a reply from him aswell as a shit ton of pics, i will post some pics of it but im allready sad due to some things he said, here is the email i got (i will post the pics in a few)

FR: STEVE

CAR HAS 97,846 MILES, WHICH IS LOW FOR A HONDA . . . Therefore, no timing belt changes would have occurred. The car radio, belts (alternator, AC, power stearing, etc), spark plugs, and battery had been changed; and oil and transmission fluid changed days ago. The car had been driven less than 300 miles in 5 yrs, because it was in our garage, and given to me by my mother, which I kept to paint, only as a project in my autobody training. The autobody work was never done so the body looks its age: paint is faded (clear coat burnt out by the sun), rust bubbles under the paint around the gas tank . . .The air condition doesn't work and cannot be tested or feon replaced (special license & equipment to handle R-12) because R-12 replaced by R-134A in USA (1995).The car is priced lower than kelly BlueBook Value because the interior is like new, the mileage low, and the engine and transmission running strong.

the timeing belt not being done and the rust are a big killer on me... i could care less about paint as long as the bodys straight

labeledsk8r
02-17-2009, 09:59 PM
well i have been going over my budget and 1,300 will be falling into my lap within the next few weeks.. problem is im not makeing enough to pay all the bills etc for a car at all.. so untill im makeing an extra 300 a month i cant even consider a car..

life sucks to be a young guy starting out on his own right now..

Vanilla Sky
02-17-2009, 10:32 PM
I know how you feel, man. I have a bit of age and an additional income source, and I still feel the pinch. We're hoping that we can stay where we are now for a while longer. At least you're able to get around without a car. Where I work, I have to have A/C. It's not such a big deal if I weren't trying for the position I'm trying for. If I get that, we'd have to have a second car. The promotion doesn't come with a huge pay raise, either.

Get by with as little as you can for as long as you can. That makes the upgrade that much better.