PDA

View Full Version : Selling my Accord

codyJDM
01-31-2009, 06:37 PM
$2,500 obo I guess. Don't low ball me, and don't tell me you don't think it is worth that much because A)it is, B) I dont care. :lol:

I hate to do it, but I am about to start commuting for college and my car is too low and loud for me to handle it every day. For all that know me, you know my car and its very extensive list of mods and rare parts. But for those who do not here are some pictures. Selling it locally out of Murrieta California:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3450/3231688014_40696334a0.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3374/3227413482_2269fa8cce.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3434/3226558979_55a6361576.jpg?v=0

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/20/l_4a06d3bc05e84ca8ad75c7d439e2078b.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/badubagabi/DSC_6445.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/badubagabi/DSC_6461.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/badubagabi/DSC_7318.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/badubagabi/DSC_6452.jpg

If you want any more pictures let me know, I have tons. Contact me via PM or here with offers.

Engine Specifications:

-A20A3 with 28X,XXX miles

-Short ram intake with breather

-MSD Blaster 2 coil

-Bosch 8mm wires

-2 gauge engine grounds

Exhaust:

-Pacesetter ceramic coated header with flex-pipe

-2.25" catback exhaust

-OBX b10 muffler

Drivetrain:

-5-speed

-Energy Suspension poly shifter bushings

Suspension, wheels, & tires:

-Tokico blues

-Ground Control coilovers

-Extended Top Hat mod

-Justin's bars upper/lower front and rear

-Prothane poly endlink kit

-Energy suspension poly sway bar mounts

-'89 LX-i sway bars

-LS mesh with Honda center caps

-205/50/15 Ventus tires

-Black aluminum/magnesium extended lug nuts

-New wheel bearings

-New balljoints upper/lower

Brakes

-'89 LX-i front brake upgrade

-D/S rotors

-Ceramic pads

Interior:

-SE-i cupholders

-SE-i style armrest

-OEM floor mats

-JDM Broadway mirror 270mm

-Ipod Charger

-Air Spencer Squash

-80GB ipod video

Sounds:

-Blaupunkt tape deck

-JL Audio 12" sub in sealed box

-DUAL 680 watt 2 channel

-4awg wiring kit

-Infinity 2 ways

Exterior:

-1g Integra lip

-Bosch amber fogs

-OEM Honda wind reflectors

-Front and rear mud guards

-35% tint all around

Pico
01-31-2009, 06:41 PM
No Cody dont do it....
You could always bring it back up a little since you have coilovers and redo the exhaust.
But I understand where you are coming from as far as being to low for commuting.
You have to do what you need to.
Good Luck on selling her and believe me if I had the $$ I'd be at your house right now picking her up.

codyJDM
01-31-2009, 06:46 PM
No Cody dont do it....
You could always bring it back up a little since you have coilovers and redo the exhaust.
But I understand where you are coming from as far as being to low for commuting.
You have to do what you need to.
Good Luck on selling her and believe me if I had the $$ I'd be at your house right now picking her up.

I hate to let her go, but I need to get my priorities straight. My car can't be at the top of the list anymore I need a car that I know I won't destroy from bottoming out or that won't throw a problem at me because in order to to be the most successful at my Auto Tech school I can't miss a single day. My next car will be relatively stock until I graduate.

I appreciate the kindness man, I hope someone as dedicated as you will end up with this car.

2oodoor
01-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Oh MARK where are YOU...
markmdz wants one, wrong coast though.

very nice car cody, v e r y nice

codyJDM
01-31-2009, 06:50 PM
I really really want this car to go to a member. Nobody will appreciate it like you guys. Hit me up.

3gmodifier
01-31-2009, 06:51 PM
dude if i had the money i would just buy it, i already have a sedan, amd jdm spec coupe. i know how well built your ride is. i could have all 3.

shit, i am trying to sell my sedam anyways. i would rather have both versions of a coupe instead of my sedan.

codyJDM
01-31-2009, 06:51 PM
dude if i had the money i would just buy it, i already have a sedan, amd jdm spec coupe. i know how well built your ride is. i could have all 3.

Thanks man, I appreciate it :wave:

3gmodifier
01-31-2009, 06:58 PM
hey cody, you get my PM?

Dr_Snooz
01-31-2009, 08:18 PM
Damn Cody. There's a lot of love in that car. It will be hard to let it go.

labeledsk8r
01-31-2009, 08:35 PM
do you ship to florida?? lol. damn man thats gotta suck to let it go... and to let it go becuse your going to school to work on cars?? talk about irony. i know when i was looking at going to uti i saw nothing but inports and mustangs and a few muscles parked in the lots lol.

goodluck on the sale

A18A
01-31-2009, 08:40 PM
bad luck on the sale, i hope no one buys it so you're stuck with it :)

86ccord
01-31-2009, 08:54 PM
dang bro.. that sucks.. i know how you feel.. im about to start school and driving 30mins to an hour everyday not sure if the 3g would hold.. so im buying a newer car and keepin the 3g...

codyJDM
01-31-2009, 09:47 PM
dang bro.. that sucks.. i know how you feel.. im about to start school and driving 30mins to an hour everyday not sure if the 3g would hold.. so im buying a newer car and keepin the 3g...

I know it will hold up, but it is not built for daily driving(especially on cali roads) whatsoever. I love the car, it is reliable, fun, and nice, but it has 300,000 miles on it and if something does happen I can't afford the downtime due to school.

Hauntd ca3
01-31-2009, 09:49 PM
just buy a cheap arse civ and keep the 3g for fun
you'll regret selling it

codyJDM
01-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Thinking of getting an S2000 actually, I am going to finance a car to start building credit(as I am only 18 and am about to start college).

Hauntd ca3
01-31-2009, 10:05 PM
shit thats a big purchase for an 18 year old.
must have to much money eh
i'd suggest a 5g sir myself.

Rendon LX-i
01-31-2009, 10:05 PM
WOW im shocked as hell mark. wtf bro...you went thew this arleady then you decinde to keep it...NOW here we go again.. i hate to see something so nice well kept 3gee go to waste. Just keep it dude see what happens and how things go. Just really think bout it. Really bro.

Rendonlxi

codyJDM
01-31-2009, 10:32 PM
shit thats a big purchase for an 18 year old.
must have to much money eh
i'd suggest a 5g sir myself.

I can get one for $14,000 USD, I have some saved up and I can combine the sale price of my 3g for a down payment and get good monthly payments on one.

Rendon LX-i
01-31-2009, 10:59 PM
WOW. dont do it bro...i hate to see such a nice clean well kept 3gee go to waste. If you cant sell it just keep it. Just see how things go down the road. very sad bro...really think bout it

codyJDM
01-31-2009, 11:24 PM
WOW. dont do it bro...i hate to see such a nice clean well kept 3gee go to waste. If you cant sell it just keep it. Just see how things go down the road. very sad bro...really think bout it

I promise I will only sell it to a close friend or a member. I will never let this car go to waste, it is the epitome of what I'd want all Accords to be like(minus the k-swap :lol:)

Hauntd ca3
01-31-2009, 11:44 PM
I can get one for $14,000 USD, I have some saved up and I can combine the sale price of my 3g for a down payment and get good monthly payments on one.

i'd still keep the 3g for a fun car eh.
use your saved cash for a corolla or something equally mundane

codyJDM
02-01-2009, 12:00 AM
i'd still keep the 3g for a fun car eh.
use your saved cash for a corolla or something equally mundane

nah, I want something relatively nice and fuck if I ever own a Toyfaila.

For real.

cubert
02-01-2009, 12:10 AM
nah, I want something relatively nice and fuck if I ever own a Toyfaila.

For real.

:rly:

87roach
02-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Ack, what a shame..

86AccordLxi
02-01-2009, 08:52 AM
s2k for college??

Don't do it. Bad bad bad idea.

Buy something practical that can get door dings and actually haul shit.

Tomisimo
02-01-2009, 11:01 AM
D*mn man, dont do it!! park it outside of parents house and get your self a 6G Accord Coup V6 and be happy.
Really I get those thoughts in my heat too, but my lady keep telling me that I will regret it for rest of my life! And I agree with her. If you really want to sell it, sell it to someone who will take care of her and just maybe will give it up buck to you ;)

codyJDM
02-01-2009, 11:06 AM
s2k for college??

Don't do it. Bad bad bad idea.

Buy something practical that can get door dings and actually haul shit.

Yeah thought about that already haha. Just found a few cheap ones and it crossed my mind. I am looking into an EP3.

Dr_Snooz
02-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Thinking of getting an S2000 actually, I am going to finance a car to start building credit(as I am only 18 and am about to start college).

Okay, I'm getting the feeling that you haven't really thought this through. College today is crushingly expensive. You'll have more debt than you can handle by the time you get through. You don't need to add more now. By the time you're done, your savings will be gone, S2000 or not.

Take a deep breath and think carefully. The S2000 isn't a practical car. If you're in autoshop, you'll need something that can haul around dirty transmissions without making you cry. You certainly don't want something that's a burden. The WORST money mistake you could make is to have to quit school because you can't afford both it and the ridiculous car you've tied around your neck. Right now, you have a very tricked out, sexy car. I would have killed for your car in college. I had to ride my bike. Your 3g is cheap and reliable. You know how to fix it and you love it.

The chances of you finding another car as perfect for college are very slightly above zero. I've seen a number of these threads in the last few months where guys put their cherry cars up for sale, but don't have the guts to see it through. Looking at all the love you've put into your car, I suspect this is another. Have you actually driven any other cars? Have you found one that gets you stoked or are you just considering options? Get out there and drive some of these cars. You'll probably find that none of them comes close to what you have right now.

Anyway, whatever you do, make good choices now. You will graduate from college some day, get a good job and have all the money you need to buy sexy cars you can't even dream about right now. I rode my bike in college and drive a BMW now, so I know. If you make stupid decisions now, your future will look quite different.

I think I've said enough. Good luck, whatever you decide.

codyJDM
02-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Okay, I'm getting the feeling that you haven't really thought this through. College today is crushingly expensive. You'll have more debt than you can handle by the time you get through. You don't need to add more now. By the time you're done, your savings will be gone, S2000 or not.

Take a deep breath and think carefully. The S2000 isn't a practical car. If you're in autoshop, you'll need something that can haul around dirty transmissions without making you cry. You certainly don't want something that's a burden. The WORST money mistake you could make is to have to quit school because you can't afford both it and the ridiculous car you've tied around your neck. Right now, you have a very tricked out, sexy car. I would have killed for your car in college. I had to ride my bike. Your 3g is cheap and reliable. You know how to fix it and you love it.

The chances of you finding another car as perfect for college are very slightly above zero. I've seen a number of these threads in the last few months where guys put their cherry cars up for sale, but don't have the guts to see it through. Looking at all the love you've put into your car, I suspect this is another. Have you actually driven any other cars? Have you found one that gets you stoked or are you just considering options? Get out there and drive some of these cars. You'll probably find that none of them comes close to what you have right now.

Anyway, whatever you do, make good choices now. You will graduate from college some day, get a good job and have all the money you need to buy sexy cars you can't even dream about right now. I rode my bike in college and drive a BMW now, so I know. If you make stupid decisions now, your future will look quite different.

I think I've said enough. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Thanks for the insight. I appreciate the outlook. BUT I only have to pay the down payment on the car and my parents are going to pay the payments, that's why I'm suggesting such cars. I will take your advice and go drive some of the cars I mentioned, that is a really smart idea. My car handles like a race car and I want nothing less than that.

Once again thanks for looking out for me. I will keep you guys posted. Offers are still being accepted though.

86AccordLxi
02-01-2009, 11:27 AM
My car handles like a race car and I want nothing less than that.

How many racecars have you driven?

codyJDM
02-01-2009, 11:32 AM
How many racecars have you driven?

I knew I'd get this response. haha.

blazin3gen
02-01-2009, 11:36 AM
financing sucks im glad your parents are helping u...im stuck with 2 car payments lemme tell u it blows

i deff agree with everyone and i would put your school first car last.. 3gee parts are so wicked cheap but...

im not u u not me

good luck with the sale if i had the money i would take your hatch like everyone says i regret selling my 3gee

Tomisimo
02-01-2009, 12:16 PM
financing sucks im glad your parents are helping u...im stuck with 2 car payments lemme tell u it blows

i deff agree with everyone and i would put your school first car last.. 3gee parts are so wicked cheap but...

im not u u not me

good luck with the sale if i had the money i would take your hatch like everyone says i regret selling my 3gee

Indeed!! get your self a new engine and swap it out.. how hard can it be? one weekend with your dad or a friend and you get it running like new again!!
Just look here bro!! --> COMPLETE REBUILT ENGINE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-ACCORD-86-87-88-89-A20-ENGINE-LONG-BLOCK-HLBA20C_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66 Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c2 93Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZ item370132304923QQitemZ370132304923QQptZMotorsQ5fC arQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories) plus 200$ for shipping.. but it will be like new and shiny.. Believe me Youll get credit from you future teachers and bodies for owning a sleeper old car! Your car looks beter than most POSC out there on the road!

frantik
02-02-2009, 06:51 PM
u don't want a new car in a college parking lot lol

course u dont want that nice 3gee in one either

my car is a little too modded for daily driving.. makes me want something for daily driving.. but i couldnt get rid of the 3gee

Toneloc5145
02-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm going to have to side with Cody on this one. I go to college too and have my 3g here, so I can relate to how he feels about worrying about the car breaking down. I know if something serious happened to my car, I would have to go out of my way just to get it fixed. Luckily I know a lot about the 3g so any project doesn't seem like a huge burden. 2xx,xxx is a lot of miles, and putting all of your faith on a car with that much miles is a hard thing to do, especially when you know you can get something newer and not have to worry.

The good thing with me is that I don't commute everyday, I can walk a lot of places. That, and I spent a lot of money on parts this past summer so I knew the car would be reliable.

I do feel the need to comment on the S2k though. It may sound appealing, but trust me, you don't want that type of car right now. You'll worry day and night about it, and not be able to concentrate on what's really important. The car will get dings and dents everywhere most likely, and attract attention just because its an S2k. The EP3 would be a great car for a person your (our, im about to be 20) age, I think.

AccordB20A
02-02-2009, 07:08 PM
yeah i would probably keep the accord and buy a shitty civic and deck it out with sounds instead

ghettogeddy
02-02-2009, 07:18 PM
its sold hope the new owner cares as much as cody did for it well besides selling it lol

codyJDM
02-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Sold for 2500$ as Geddy said. Really nice kid who is joining 3geez so keep an eye out for him!!

Rendon LX-i
02-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Sold for 2500$ as Geddy said. Really nice kid who is joining 3geez so keep an eye out for him!!

:crying:

codyJDM
02-02-2009, 07:36 PM
:crying:

600$ more than I bought it for, and its going to a good home. I'm so sad though man.

Pico
02-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Congrats (I Guess) on selling her.
You're still going to hang around arent you Cody

codyJDM
02-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Congrats (I Guess) on selling her.
You're still going to hang around arent you Cody

Thanks, it is a bittersweet kind of deal. I have found some sweet new candidates that I will be checking out tomorrow.

You know it, you guys will see me as much as ever around here. I am addicted to these cars and will always gladly share my bit of knowledge on this board.

Rendon LX-i
02-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Watch you going to Say i need another 3gee and i can see you getting one. But good job man

knarg
02-02-2009, 09:17 PM
its sold hope the new owner cares as much as cody did for it well besides selling it lol

i have a new forum game: find a geddy post that doesn't contain lol.

Tdurr
02-02-2009, 09:52 PM
damn u sold it... ur car was so nice.... gl with school and ur new car.

3gmodifier
02-02-2009, 10:44 PM
damn cody, so either u didnt get my message, chose not to check it, or saw it and ignored me. oh well at least ur shit went to some one who take care of it.

codyJDM
02-02-2009, 10:46 PM
damn cody, so either u didnt get my message, chose not to check it, or saw it and ignored me. oh well at least ur shit went to some one who take care of it.

I didn't get it til now, the site got hacked!

I'd never ignore you man, but yeah she is going to a good home for sure.

I still am sad though :violin:

LxAcc510
02-02-2009, 11:50 PM
In this case Cody...send me those gaddamn fogs! I can't find em nomore! hahaha.

88LXi68
02-03-2009, 05:38 AM

nice car, but if you are really concerned about getting your priorities straight an S2K is the WRONG choice.

edit...i read the 2nd page and obviously everyone already told you that...so just ignore the comment from me who has gone through that phase of life already

A18A
02-03-2009, 05:45 AM
i have a new forum game: find a geddy post that doesn't contain lol.

haha i used to play that game with myself

86ccord
02-03-2009, 02:35 PM
well bro, good luck on whatever you get.. and blows you let this one go..anywho.. have fun with school!

3gmodifier
02-03-2009, 05:26 PM
hey cody, its all good man, if u ever know ware to pick up another set of 2dr visors, hit me up

codyJDM
02-03-2009, 08:26 PM
hey cody, its all good man, if u ever know ware to pick up another set of 2dr visors, hit me up

Word, last I checked I had the only set on the planet apparently haha but I will keep my eyes out for you homie!! :cheers:

oldschool3g
02-03-2009, 08:31 PM
damn cody sorry to hear you had to sell the hatch..but im sure someday in the future youll pick up another one:)

codyJDM
02-03-2009, 08:46 PM
damn cody sorry to hear you had to sell the hatch..but im sure someday in the future youll pick up another one:)

You know it! :flash:

snoopyloopy
02-03-2009, 09:35 PM

you better be getting like a 2004-2006 s2k for $14k. i've seen the og ones going for < $10k.

I'm going to have to side with Cody on this one. I go to college too and have my 3g here, so I can relate to how he feels about worrying about the car breaking down. I know if something serious happened to my car, I would have to go out of my way just to get it fixed. Luckily I know a lot about the 3g so any project doesn't seem like a huge burden. 2xx,xxx is a lot of miles, and putting all of your faith on a car with that much miles is a hard thing to do, especially when you know you can get something newer and not have to worry.

The good thing with me is that I don't commute everyday, I can walk a lot of places. That, and I spent a lot of money on parts this past summer so I knew the car would be reliable.

I do feel the need to comment on the S2k though. It may sound appealing, but trust me, you don't want that type of car right now. You'll worry day and night about it, and not be able to concentrate on what's really important. The car will get dings and dents everywhere most likely, and attract attention just because its an S2k. The EP3 would be a great car for a person your (our, im about to be 20) age, I think.

yeah, ep3 is much better choice than the ap1/ap2 atm. trust me, i've parked in a college lot for the last 3.5 years. not friendly place. and i myself have toyed with the idea of both of those cars as well. but considering the fact that my insurance is stupid cheap (for age/gender), no car payment, it still runs very well, and it's kinda useful, so i still drive the 3g. mine has high miles too and yeah some parts have failed (alternator was latest, how-to coming one of these days). but i bought a hayne's manual, so everything is fixable with the right tools.

but your car is definitely too low for dd and it's clean too, so same college lot deal. i honestly wouldn't want to park your car in a college lot any more than i'd want to park an ap1. find a 5g with decent miles and call it a day until the end of college, though. you can't have your showcar being your dd too and end up being happy.

knarg
02-09-2009, 01:58 AM
my DD is a bicycle :P

'A20A3'
02-10-2009, 09:09 AM
i got a honda scooter. hahaha way better than putting miles on the accord.

MessyHonda
02-12-2009, 05:58 PM
i got a honda scooter. hahaha way better than putting miles on the accord.

yeah i need a dd...my accord is racking up the miles

wprocomp
02-18-2009, 07:43 PM

you better have kept them visors for me

A18A
02-18-2009, 07:57 PM
are hatch visors the same as coupe ones?

ghettogeddy
02-18-2009, 08:04 PM
are hatch visors the same as coupe ones?

possible the same
i need to go get some lude ones

codyJDM
02-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Hatch and coupe visors are the same. Same doors. I should have kept the damn visors. haha.

wprocomp
02-18-2009, 09:17 PM
cody fail in 3....2.....1

Rendon LX-i
02-18-2009, 09:19 PM
possible the same
i need to go get some lude ones

Whats the differnce....I can get em real quick if there good. better then the stock ones..

ghettogeddy
02-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Whats the differnce....I can get em real quick if there good. better then the stock ones..

the after market lude ones fit the hatch

someone has them already we have measurements that say it fits

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66507

scroll down a lil bit