PDA

View Full Version : Rear Windshield interchangablity

FatDave
02-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey all, Long time no post. I suffered a spinal cord injury in January of 08 and have been away from my 3geez and well...all cars

I have a quick question, I am trying to get my old coupe roadworthy again and need to replace the rear windshield

Are the sedan rear glass interchangeable with the coupe? or will i have to find a coupe?

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong section, a lot has changed around here since I've been around.

Dave

frantik
02-03-2009, 01:08 AM
they're not interchangeable.. the sedan has some hardcore curvature on the ends and the coupe is almost flat

'A20A3'
02-04-2009, 09:31 AM
he's right...and it's really hard to find the coupe rear glass..took me 3 months to find one in a salvage yard...good luck mang

rfiks
02-04-2009, 04:53 PM
what is it plexi-glass?
ya u could use plexi-glass, but b careful. mods like theez can lead 2 other w8 reductions-LOL:nuts:

Vanilla Sky
02-05-2009, 05:33 AM
If you're going to reply, don't be an idiot about it. Spelling and punctuation are GOOD.

Don't use plexi-glass or Lexan. You'd be left without a window defroster, and that's a big pain in the rear.

Have you tried calling up a local glass shop? You may be able to get one through a shop, and then you'd have a brand new rear window.

FatDave
02-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Nah, no lexan for me. I was lucky enough to find a coupe in the first salvage yard.

I will be having it professionally installed.

ghettogeddy
02-05-2009, 09:18 AM
what is it plexi-glass?
ya u could use plexi-glass, but b careful. mods like theez can lead 2 other w8 reductions-LOL:nuts:

im not sure if your poking fun or serious lol

and i would use lexan before i used plexi lol

MessyHonda
02-08-2009, 02:37 AM
Nah, no lexan for me. I was lucky enough to find a coupe in the first salvage yard.

I will be having it professionally installed.

yeah...out here they have people outside junkyard that go and pull the glass and install it in the parking lot for a low price