PDA

View Full Version : guage help!

staticpat
09-27-2002, 07:17 AM
alright i had to take my car to the mechanic, and he was gonna check my carb. well since my white face guages decided to get stuck (parked and off i was doing 20mph and running 3000 rpms) i took them off before i went. i never had whitefaces over the gas/heat, but i decided it hit it anyway. the gas needle fell to below E, and i couldnt remeber where it was pointing. i just pointed it at half and resassmbled the dash. okay so how can i fix this? if i just fill it up can i put it to f? will it work again? or should i run it out and put it at e? will it work? oh man i wish i hadnt done this.

Dutchboy
09-27-2002, 08:43 AM
i would say try the fill it up method...i havent ever played with the gauges but i dont see why that wouldnt work.....
try it and see if the guage goes down

Hey you also talked about getting your car timed ... was it misssing at all before that???....mine misses every few seconds ...is that what yours was doing??

Ben

staticpat
09-27-2002, 09:43 AM
no mine wasnt missing, i just wanted it checked cuz my cars alot slower than it needs to be, and i doubt if its ever been done. i always change plugs/wires and stuff myself so never got a tuneup.

Dutchboy
09-27-2002, 09:49 AM
oh i see...did it improve anything?
i guess i got to try the temperature sensor then,,,my car is fine until it warms up..

BEn

staticpat
09-27-2002, 11:12 PM
yeah it runs alot smoother than before