PDA

View Full Version : Header Wrap?

Rendon LX-i
02-08-2009, 07:42 PM
What you guys think about header wrap...or heat wrap...i got a roll i bought and just waiting for the time to put it on. I read alot of people had problems such as moisture building it causing rust to build up on the manifold itself and after a while shit starts falling apart. LOL. What you guys think.?

OldSkoolA20accord
02-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Seriously i would paint it with high temp rustolem or whatever. Then wrap it. and your downpipe. Cuts down heat and i swear my friends grandam had a little better top end. maybe cos the car ran cooler. idk/

lostforawhile
02-08-2009, 08:19 PM
i started a thread on this before,i suggest wrapping the downpipe where it goes by the oil pan,to lower heat transfer to the oil.

Rendon LX-i
02-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Okay...well do. thanks guys.

OldSkoolA20accord
02-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Dude this summer me and some friends are doing like a cross country rally thing. Or trying to atleast. were deciding either going north-east or west. I wanna see that turbo setup in person. Maybe we will roll through your area before hittin cali. Your in washington right?

lostforawhile
02-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Dude this summer me and some friends are doing like a cross country rally thing. Or trying to atleast. were deciding either going north-east or west. I wanna see that turbo setup in person. Maybe we will roll through your area before hittin cali. Your in washington right?if you head down south you can see the carb project if you like,just let me know in advance, roodoo has already been through here. with money right now,not sure if it will be done,but a lot more of it will be.

OldSkoolA20accord
02-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Your not that far we just might. Hopefully the B swapped 3 gee will make it.

lostforawhile
02-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Your not that far we just might. Hopefully the B swapped 3 gee will make it.i know the interior and stuff will be in by then. when i run out of money for the carb project, i'll put the interior back together.

OldSkoolA20accord
02-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Well i seriously hate how this site is dying. It used to be boomin like hell. now its dead.

lostforawhile
02-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Well i seriously hate how this site is dying. It used to be boomin like hell. now its dead.it's actually been pretty busy, it depends on the time of day also. since i've been sick for a week, i've been on it a lot,and i've seen quite a few members on here,as well as new members lately. it's slow during the day, but picks up late in the evening/night and towards the weekends. the economy is slow too right now, so not a lot of people are doing projects,this translates to the entire car hobby. are you a foundation member? there seems to always be people on in the foundation section. the site is by no means dying, it's a lot more active then a lot of sites i belong too, it will pick up as warmer weather comes in also. towards summer.

OldSkoolA20accord
02-08-2009, 08:50 PM
how do you become a foundation member?

lostforawhile
02-08-2009, 08:51 PM
click on the link for join the foundation at the top, i think three months is 5 bucks thats the cheapest.

lostforawhile
02-08-2009, 09:07 PM
sorry to whore up the thread, the only problem with wrap is it will retain moisture and it will eventually rot out the headers. everyone who makes headers has disclaimers about header wrap voiding the warranty. best thing to do,is spend the money and send them off to be jet hot coated. this coats the inside and outside with ceramic, this is the best header heat reducing metod there is, also protects the headers from corrosion.

OldSkoolA20accord
02-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Problem solved :rockon:

Rendon LX-i
02-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Dude this summer me and some friends are doing like a cross country rally thing. Or trying to atleast. were deciding either going north-east or west. I wanna see that turbo setup in person. Maybe we will roll through your area before hittin cali. Your in washington right?

Hell ya bro.. ya in washingon state. yakima. more then welcome to check out my setup.

Rendon LX-i
02-08-2009, 09:10 PM
sorry to whore up the thread, the only problem with wrap is it will retain moisture and it will eventually rot out the headers. everyone who makes headers has disclaimers about header wrap voiding the warranty. best thing to do,is spend the money and send them off to be jet hot coated. this coats the inside and outside with ceramic, this is the best header heat reducing metod there is, also protects the headers from corrosion.

ill just put in on the downpipe. the manifold is fine

AccordEpicenter
02-09-2009, 07:11 PM
ill just put in on the downpipe. the manifold is fine

thats the best way to go. if you need to reduce the amount of heat coming from the manifold, you can rig up a simple heat shield. That will work almost as good. Plus it wont smell like burnt nachos

Rendon LX-i
02-09-2009, 09:26 PM
LOL nachos....ummm sounds like a idea epicenter...im going to rig one up and wrap the downpipe this weekend.. I need a bigger turbo thats what i really need. lol