PDA

View Full Version : 4G radiator

Tomisimo
02-10-2009, 06:47 AM
Has anyone tried to fit a 4G radiator? I think it would be better for cooling and its lighter as its made of aluminum.
I think that hoses dont line up, but thats not a problem as I'm thinking to replace all to silicone blues anyway..

And How about 4G interior? what you guys think about that?

Rendon LX-i
02-10-2009, 08:32 AM
its to big. maybe with some modification it would but i compared and its close but i would hack up my support for that man

Tomisimo
02-10-2009, 11:17 AM
its to big. maybe with some modification it would but i compared and its close but i would hack up my support for that man

Is it to wide or to high? if its to wide, than it sudnt be to hard as Im a certified welder now and can just TIG it to fit.. I'm going to need new suport anyways, because after my accident It seems I cant get it straight no mater what I doo,,
Take a look
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Tomisimo/My%20Honda/02072007087.jpg?t=1234293324

You see that gap on the passenger side? it just want line up.. :(

A18A
02-10-2009, 11:49 AM
that sucks :( seems that even on fixed headlight accords the headlights never like to be aligned properly with the rest of the body :(

Rendon LX-i
02-10-2009, 12:52 PM
its tall...but you can always try it bro.

thegreatdane
02-10-2009, 02:27 PM
the 4g radiator is 2.5cm taller. so you will need to reposition the lower radiator mounts and the spacing of them might be a bit different.

I'm installing a 90-93 integra radiator at the moment. To make that fit perfectly I have to mod the mounts and the radiator itself as well.

Tomisimo
02-10-2009, 03:30 PM
I see :( ehh well Nothing is easy with our cars no, but this is fun tho :D

Dane can you tell me what can be wrong with my front? I have slided under the side rail.. and now this, this annoys me.. that gap there! any advice?

OldSkoolA20accord
02-10-2009, 04:01 PM
If your a certified welder then weld up some mounts for the halfsize

Tomisimo
02-10-2009, 04:36 PM
If your a certified welder then weld up some mounts for the halfsize

LoL you read my mind hee?
I was planing on making B or H series mounts, as soon I figure out how to do the swap.. and Wiring diagrams.. and build a jig for mass production :D

OldSkoolA20accord
02-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Dude read my undate thread. got info on the harness on there if yours is carbed. and the innovative mounts are around $300. If you could do it cheaper more ppl would want this accord. and you would make a killin. H22 would be sexy but its too wide.

I would say try to make axles for the b swap.

You should see the exhaust im makin when i get the swap done. there wont be a gas tank so its going to be straight back all the way to the suspension then one 45 degree bend to muffler. should be sexy.

im also doing the halfsize.

Tomisimo
02-10-2009, 05:04 PM
yeah, but my is a EFI and I'm going B20a8 soon, because of my shetty government that not allow to be it street legal with any swap.. besides optional engine to that particular car..
But it would be esyer for me to have the engine to fab mounts on site and make a jig. But nothing is impossible really, one problem might be is shipping, so If Im ever going to do this I'll do it for 3Geez community.. http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Tomisimo/3Geez/signluvplace.gif

OldSkoolA20accord
02-10-2009, 05:08 PM
lol. oh that kinda sucks.

Tennessee could give a shit about whats on the road.

Tomisimo
02-10-2009, 05:10 PM
I have few plans here, I'm working on it..
like DC towerbars replicas ingraved 3Geez instead of DC, Header with 3" downpipe, Rear towerbar in DC style. and few other things as well from CF. But I'm on moving foot soon so it might take some time. I need to find suitable garage and decent 15A power line, so I can weld freely..

Tomisimo
02-10-2009, 05:12 PM
lol. oh that kinda sucks.

Tennessee could give a shit about whats on the road.

Lucky you are!! I wish I had that kind of freedom.. damn it would have been F20c and RWD lol.. no just kidding

OldSkoolA20accord
02-10-2009, 07:07 PM
hell yea. someone told me to do that.lol

Rendon LX-i
02-10-2009, 08:02 PM
I have a half size civic racing radiator and i didnt do much to set it up. Looks hot to.

thegreatdane
02-11-2009, 03:48 AM
I see :( ehh well Nothing is easy with our cars no, but this is fun tho :D

Dane can you tell me what can be wrong with my front? I have slided under the side rail.. and now this, this annoys me.. that gap there! any advice?

What gap are you referring to? the gap between the grille and the hood?

Tomisimo
02-11-2009, 05:36 AM
What gap are you referring to? the gap between the grille and the hood?

yes, that one. I tried to adjust it, but as soon as I bolt the headlight on it shifts.. as you know that the grill mounts to the lights so therefore I suspect that whole front end is shrunk.. I checked at crumple zones, nothing, they are straight as ever.. I dont get it, I thought maybe I just need to lift the car at that corner with a 2T jack? maybe then it will listen?
Tall me what you think, maybe I overseen something here..

Oldblueaccord
02-12-2009, 05:40 PM
heres a few pics. This one for a wagon.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1087/4grad1lr0.th.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4grad1lr0.jpg)

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7802/4grad2dv8.th.jpg (http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4grad2dv8.jpg)

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7420/4grad3dt8.th.jpg (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4grad3dt8.jpg)

Have to do your own measurement conversions.

wp

Tomisimo
02-12-2009, 10:01 PM
thank you very mukh, this is 4G radiator right?

Oldblueaccord
02-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Yes it was my frineds out of a 1992 Accord Wagon USA model. The top tank leaks where it is crimped also as you can see the top "tits" have been sheared off prolly in a front end wreck of some kind.

wp

thegreatdane
02-15-2009, 12:25 PM
yes, that one. I tried to adjust it, but as soon as I bolt the headlight on it shifts.. as you know that the grill mounts to the lights so therefore I suspect that whole front end is shrunk.. I checked at crumple zones, nothing, they are straight as ever.. I dont get it, I thought maybe I just need to lift the car at that corner with a 2T jack? maybe then it will listen?
Tall me what you think, maybe I overseen something here..

Hmm it's difficult to say without seeing the car. But to make the entire side rail bend in the upwards direction would require a rather large impact from underneath and would most likely cause the door to interfere with the fender or at least screw up the gap. I think an impact like that would be very unusual, but I dont know what you did with the car :)
If the headlight seems difficult to mount and if no other clearance problems seem to have emerged I'd think the damage was in the front bulkhead somewhere.

The headlights cant be adjusted in the vertical direction as you know so something must be bent.

I would be careful about pulling out the hydraulic press before finding the actual place its been bent though. The metal is not always very forgiving when you start forcing it with hydraulics :)

LX-incredible
02-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Why? If you want better cooling, get a metal 2 core out of an 86-87. Copper is a much better conductor of heat than aluminum. The alum blocks don't require such a large radiator because they dissipate heat so much better than cast iron. But if you want to save the 1/2 lb or whatever, power to ya.

Tomisimo
02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Hmm it's difficult to say without seeing the car. But to make the entire side rail bend in the upwards direction would require a rather large impact from underneath and would most likely cause the door to interfere with the fender or at least screw up the gap. I think an impact like that would be very unusual, but I dont know what you did with the car :)
If the headlight seems difficult to mount and if no other clearance problems seem to have emerged I'd think the damage was in the front bulkhead somewhere.

The headlights cant be adjusted in the vertical direction as you know so something must be bent.

I would be careful about pulling out the hydraulic press before finding the actual place its been bent though. The metal is not always very forgiving when you start forcing it with hydraulics :)

I had to adjust as much as I cud, but nothing worked out for me, I even tried to hammer it up a bit, the metal is just to flex there, it want deform. Adjusted headlights as much as possible too, any how, I found out that there was one bolt in to the headlight that made it looking like it is now.
I must agree about using hydraulic tools there. yes..
And to tell you that my fenders already scratche the door on the both sides. even if they are pushed forward along those oval holes.. So I'm out of options here.. maybe I need to disassemble it all together to the radiator to relax all bolts and assemble and see if it gets better.. Anyhow, If you came up with something, let me know..

Why? If you want better cooling, get a metal 2 core out of an 86-87. Copper is a much better conductor of heat than aluminum. The alum blocks don't require such a large radiator because they dissipate heat so much better than cast iron. But if you want to save the 1/2 lb or whatever, power to ya.

So you say that copper one is better then.. I have a 86, so I gues I have a copper one then, then I will just clean it and maybe paint it in heat dissipating
paint.. I like to see my engine cool, or maybe oil cooler will help me more with cooling..
Thx for the tip, I didnt know that..