PDA

View Full Version : grill idea

lostforawhile
02-10-2009, 05:06 PM
ok i'm ditching my ac anyway, i have an extra junk condensor in my garage that is no good,it's stained with oil from the system it came from,so it leaks, i took off the brackets that hold it to the car,they just unscrew, the condenser is going to the scrap metal guy, as far as the brackets, i thought about getting some of that aluminum egg crate light diffuser material, it will fit into the brackets for the condenser really easy

Hauntd ca3
02-10-2009, 09:05 PM
thats a diff idea
would save the rad from stones and stuff i spose

lostforawhile
02-10-2009, 09:08 PM
thats a diff idea
would save the rad from stones and stuff i sposewell i was going to paint it black, talking about the ones with the one inch grid,mostly for looks

lostforawhile
02-10-2009, 09:19 PM
here's a how to on making your own one. you can also buy the egg crate material in one inch squares in aluminum for light diffusers. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316183

Pico
02-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Thats a good looking grill

markmdz89hatch
02-12-2009, 02:24 PM
i like it. where are you thinking of putting this? If it's in the void in the lower portion of the bumper, you'll have to contend with the fact that it's not a flat opening, so my guess is your verticals would need to be a bit wider, and contoured in order to keep with the contours of the front.

Not sure if you know what I mean. If not, I'll try and get a pic to demonstrate.

lostforawhile
02-12-2009, 04:06 PM
i like it. where are you thinking of putting this? If it's in the void in the lower portion of the bumper, you'll have to contend with the fact that it's not a flat opening, so my guess is your verticals would need to be a bit wider, and contoured in order to keep with the contours of the front.

Not sure if you know what I mean. If not, I'll try and get a pic to demonstrate.
i'm going to mount it where the ac condenser is now,using the condenser brackets,i don't have any plastic grill bars in my front bumper anyway,but my lights are recessed under it. going to get some of the one inch square stuff and cut it to fit. will clear coat the polished aluminum. should be a nice accent with the black bumper