PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know o-ring size on the idle speed needle?

AC439
02-11-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm still adjusting and tuning the car after the putting the new vacuum advance and cleaned the fast idle valve. The new problem now is the lower idle speed after car warms up. This is due to the fact that after the detail cleaning of the fast idle valve, it now closed completely after the car warms up.

The o-ring on the idle adjusting screw/needle is basically broken. I want to replace it but the picture on the hondaparts.com shows the adjusting screw and the o-ring are sold as a bundled unit. But I'm trying to get a replacement from autozone or advanced Auto. Anyone know the size of it ?

Thanks - AC

lostforawhile
02-11-2009, 12:57 PM
your best bet is just to get a carb rebuild kit.

AC439
02-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks, forgot to mention mine is an 86 LXi, fuel injection. I think I don't need a throttle body rebuild, I just need that o-ring.

AC439
02-18-2009, 12:53 PM
I went to Advanced auto today to get the o-ring. I took the idle adjusting needle with me. The size of the ring is 11 m.m. external diameter. It looks a little thinner than the original but it does work and holding a seal for me. The old ring is brittle and when we took it off the needle, it broke into two halves.