05-09-2002, 06:13 AM
Nope! I'm not into stereos to much.

Vanilla Sky
05-09-2002, 01:35 PM
come one, say something about them...

Derick

n88accordLX-i
05-09-2002, 04:06 PM
my friend had 2 10's off a crossfire 1000d ina pretty good sized ported box.. it was like 4.5cuft with around 45sqin of port...i dont really remember but i was actually amazed at how loud they got, but they didnt hold up, lets just say quality isnt their first priority....

Vanilla Sky
05-09-2002, 04:13 PM
ok... thanks

i want something to last, so i guess ill get either the cerwin vega strokers, or the PG titaniums

Derick

shepherd79
05-10-2002, 11:35 AM
get Alpine Type S or R. Type R can handle more.
I got mine for $171 at local diler. they even putt in the box for me.

n88accordLX-i
05-10-2002, 02:17 PM
i wouldnt get strokers unless you have ALOT of room for a GIANT ported box with LOTS of port area, but if i remember right, arnt you doing a wall?...also look into DDAudio.com

Vanilla Sky
05-11-2002, 02:19 AM
no, just a huge ass sealed box (if you really want SPL and tunability, you use bandpass) in the trunk with just enough space to mount a nitrous bottle (down the road) and the compressor for the hydrolics (bad roads here). i'm not worried about a spare or any shit like that...

oh, and a sealed enclosure gives you better sound, and the same SPL, but a ported gives you sustain at one given frequency, thus making the speakers seem a lot more efficient

BTW... i'm not too sure about DDaudio... i would have to see them at work under a lot of strain for myself first

Derick

Lockey
05-13-2002, 12:20 PM
umm big no on that one :> sealed doesnt give as much spl(but smoother response) , porting gives better spl but doesnt give a good low end response..and its a good idea to tune you box to match the sub AND the car...bandpass gives the loudest but a big one noter(small response curve)

oh and DDAUDIO looks like the bomb we cant get them in new zealand but all i want is a 9515 :> and three alternators:super:

OH AND BUILD THE BOX AS THE SUB REQUIRES IF IT NEEDS SEALED THEN USE IT....OR PREPARE TO BUY A NEW ONE

Vanilla Sky
05-13-2002, 10:52 PM
yes, sealed DOES give you the SAME spl... ported gives you sustain at a certain frequency, and it "holds" that level of sound longer than 1/100 of a second, thus making it seem louder... since it is ported, the subs move more freely, and requre less wattage to move than in a sealed box, thus makin it more efficient... usually, with a good sub you can throw more power then reccomended in a sealed box and never damage it

i've just never been a fan of boomy sound, and shitlods of designs to get the perfect box.... that's why i'm using a huge ass sealed box

Derick

Vanilla Sky
05-13-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by n88accordLX-i
my friend had 2 10's off a crossfire 1000d ina pretty good sized ported box.. it was like 4.5cuft with around 45sqin of port...i dont really remember but i was actually amazed at how loud they got, but they didnt hold up, lets just say quality isnt their first priority....

back on this topic... the reason they didn't last is because that amp has a max RMS of 1000 watts (correct?) and the subs have a max of 800... the box was way the hell too big for those subs... considering they only take a cube-ish each sealed

a lot of subs need a good bit of pressure to keep them running good without blowing

Derick

TeKKnoTeKK
05-13-2002, 11:55 PM
Itch you don't know what the hell you are talking about man....it really bugs me that you go around acting like you know everything all the time. Sealed will NOT give you the same SPL as a ported box. The reason for a ported and bandpass box is for tunablility (SPL), the reason for sealed box's is to get a broader range of frequencies (SQL). :flipa:

Vanilla Sky
05-14-2002, 01:33 AM
all i have to say, is build your own boxes

i know this from my own experiences, so yes, i do know what i'm talking about

Derick

Vanilla Sky
05-14-2002, 01:34 AM
but, with all else equal, you will get more spl from ported or bandpass

i'm not talking about the box being the only variable

Derick