PDA

View Full Version : My 3G is dead.

Raduque
02-14-2009, 08:50 AM
It's with a heavy heart I write this, but my 3G has been murdered.

While in the middle of pulling apart the engine to replace a blown headgasket, my 3G was hit from behind and totaled. In the middle of the night. At my home. In my driveway.

The assailant drove off. No skid marks, no evidence of them trying to avoid it, hell they kept going till they hit a small tree!

My dad's a fairly well-skilled paint & body man. He tells me the damage is unfixable without some serious cutting and stitching together.

Thankfully, I was at work that night, or I would've had two totaled vehicles on my hands (angle of the hit means the driver would've hit my truck first, then the 3G).

Some pics of the carnage. Not for those with weak stomachs!
http://raduque.com/0126090750.jpg
http://raduque.com/0126090750a.jpg
http://raduque.com/0126090750b.jpg

It would cost far too much, unfortunately, to fix her, and there's no guarantee the damage isn't worse underneath where I can't easily see.

I've decided to part with my 3G. I don't want to just send it to a wrecking yard for the 35 cents/100lb of steel or whatever the price is, it deserves far better fate than that.

If anybody in the South Texas/Coastal Bend area (Corpus, Portland, Port A, Aransas Pass, etc) is looking for a 3G for parts, please contact me via PM or email. The car has many parts that are still in good condition, and it has everything you need if somebody wants to convert their auto to manual.

Please, don't force me to send her to a scrap yard. I can't afford to store it forever. :(

86AccordLxi
02-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Holy jesus.

That is suckass :(

Hauntd ca3
02-14-2009, 11:41 AM
dam there are some arseholes out there
so sorry for the loss dude
hope it doesnt stop you from getting another and coming back

3rd Party
02-14-2009, 11:56 AM
yeah man, i know how that is...it's not fun. the same thing happened to me in my '88 RX-7...that car was fucking clean too, and some stupid bitch in her minivan had to go and ruin it all...oh well...:hmph:

Tomisimo
02-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Man so sorry.. I hope you find you new one and take care of goodies from your car you still have and move it on to new 3Gee.. SEi maybe?

redaztec
02-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Wow, I'm sorry to see that, terrible shame that someone would do that.

A18A
02-14-2009, 02:14 PM
that sucks :( it reminds me of my other car when i got it, it was similar to that

Rendon LX-i
02-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Wow that sucks ass man. sorry to here. Only thing you can do is take all the parts that are savageable and get other 3g and have back up parts or sell em

cubert
02-14-2009, 02:36 PM
damn..that blows man....

jdmca6
02-14-2009, 02:42 PM
dude wtf it aint that bad.
use a jack and a piece of wood to get the bent parts straight. get urself a new trunnk n lamps n ur done

lostforawhile
02-14-2009, 03:17 PM
these cars are flat on the back, they are not that hard to fix, what you have there is maby a weeks worth of work, get the trunk from a yard and the taillights pull all the stuff off of the back and you'll see what i mean. anything bent on the back of the car is all spot welded on, go to the junkyard cut off a rear section and drill out the spot welds and weld the new one back on. if your dad is good at bodywork he should know how to do that

AccordB20A
02-14-2009, 03:33 PM
damn that sucks

fogged
02-14-2009, 03:43 PM
I feel for you man. That kind of stuff blows. Thankfuly a new 3G wont hit pocket that hard. Its not like you dont have a parts car. :idea: <----- That last part might have hurt, but its true.

Dr_Snooz
02-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Sorry to see that. I'm glad they didn't get your truck too.

Raduque
02-14-2009, 11:46 PM
dude wtf it aint that bad.
use a jack and a piece of wood to get the bent parts straight. get urself a new trunnk n lamps n ur done

Don't think it's going to be QUITE that easy.

these cars are flat on the back, they are not that hard to fix, what you have there is maby a weeks worth of work, get the trunk from a yard and the taillights pull all the stuff off of the back and you'll see what i mean. anything bent on the back of the car is all spot welded on, go to the junkyard cut off a rear section and drill out the spot welds and weld the new one back on. if your dad is good at bodywork he should know how to do that

Question, where is the gas tank? It's not under the trunk, right?

Hauntd ca3
02-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Don't think it's going to be QUITE that easy.

Question, where is the gas tank? It's not under the trunk, right?

gas tank under the rear seat.
look under it and its just forward of the rear susp cross member

lostforawhile
02-15-2009, 12:41 AM
the tolerances are so close when these cars were made, just lining up the salvage part with the spot welds you drilled out of the old part,will put the panels back in alignment. it's not like gm where the spots were all ove the place. honda puts the welds consistently in the same place car to car.

Pico
02-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Damm

87roach
02-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Youch, that is quite a dent. That's too bad about the car, it's a good thing you weren't working on it when this happened.

blazin3gen
02-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Youch, that is quite a dent. That's too bad about the car, it's a good thing you weren't working on it when this happened.

werd! glad u ok damn 3g looks fixable tho... but like u said ur dad is a bodyshop dude so i dunno

MessyHonda
02-16-2009, 11:25 PM
as long as the frame is good you can fix it with junkyard parts.

Civic Accord Honda
02-19-2009, 01:04 AM
damn that sucks man ,... im surprised the back window didn't bust out

lostforawhile
02-19-2009, 07:25 AM
damn that sucks man ,... im surprised the back window didn't bust out

:eek5: he's back!!!!!!