PDA

View Full Version : weber 38 idle jets

mephi
02-15-2009, 09:32 PM
I just started setting up my weber 38 for install, and I went to change the idle jets, and the ones in the kit that I bought and the ones in the carb don't match up. The carb has two smaller idle jets, but the kit comes with one smaller jet and one larger jet. Everything else in the kit fits just fine.

I just looked it up and it appears that some earlier weber 38's had the same small jets on both sides and newer ones had larger jets on the choke side.
Has anyone else had any experience with this problem, and is there a way to change the holding screws for the jets so I can use the newer, larger jets?

2ndGenGuy
02-15-2009, 09:41 PM
The one smaller, and one larger sounds like it's for a progressive carb. Maybe the older 38s were like that for jet compatibility with the 32/36. I'm pretty sure any jet kit out there is for the 32/36 and not the 38. I've always had to order jets individually for my 38.

mephi
02-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Well, it still has most of the jets I need. I'm going to have to go and order another jet for the thing before I install it now. Argh!!!:banghead:

2oodoor
02-16-2009, 02:34 AM
what is it you need I may have it
make sure the same jet goes in these, twins everywhere througout, not a progressive carb
Idle jet is very important snce you do the majority of driving on these untill you get into a certain load range.

mephi
02-16-2009, 02:41 AM
Right now I have

.57 Idles (original)
1.50 mains (I replaced)
2.10 Air correction (I replaced)
.70 Pump Jet (original)

I wanted to move down to .55 for the idle before the install to see how that worked out, but I'll have to find another .55 jet before I do that. Also, I know that .70 pump jet is probably going to be a little big, but that is what I have right now. Have to order another one of those too.