PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

Rendon LX-i
02-21-2009, 11:06 PM
I was looking at my motor tonight after couple of runs...im starting to get some blow by from valve cover nothing major....BUT QUESTION is ...what is the tube coming from the bottom of the runners that is next to the pvc valve....I know its coolant but for what. let me know thanks.

bobafett
02-22-2009, 08:33 AM
are you talking about the BIG metal pipe that runs across the underside of the intake manifold? I want to say that connects to the lower radiator hose. still dont know exactly what tube you are referring to though. :)

russiankid
02-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Most likely the water pipe. It goes to the back of the water pump, and the lower radiator hose connects to it as well.

lostforawhile
02-22-2009, 09:13 AM
the one under the dizzy is coolant and it runs to one side of the water valve for the heater core, under the intake manifold on the passenger side the pipe coming out of the water pipe is the other hose going to the heater core . if you have a carbed car,in the middle of the water pipe there is a small coolant hose that goes to the valve on the bottom of the intak,this feeds coolant to the carb, you have a hose that comes out of the side of the thermostat housing,this is to the intake manifold, this is the coolant that heats it, also the rest of the coolant path to the carb,then another hose from the intake to the water pipe, this completes the coolant flow circuit through the intake.

LX-incredible
02-22-2009, 11:23 AM
http://www.thehondapartsstore.com/herson/jsp/catimgs/13sg70_e08.gif

The one that runs into #19? That's for deicing the pcv breather line. Completely unnecessary imo, even in colder climates. You can just run a line from the manifold to #1 in this picture:

http://www.thehondapartsstore.com/herson/jsp/catimgs/13sg70_e1501.gif

lostforawhile
02-22-2009, 12:01 PM
that must be on fuel injected cars, wierd,i added one of those to the oil seperater box at the back of the block, didn't know honda had one, it wasn't for ice though,it was to let the blowby gasses stay in suspension until the pcv could pick them up.

Rendon LX-i
02-22-2009, 12:48 PM
thats wat i needed to noe