PDA

View Full Version : can u dye the interior panels?

geeteedan
02-23-2009, 11:38 AM
I have the black/tan interior and i was wanting to make everything black inside. Can the dash and stuff be dye'd?

turabaka
02-23-2009, 12:42 PM
yep it can. I used the duplicor vinyl and fabric dye to color match a blue dash I bought so it'd match my black interior.
Just be sure to do the proper prep work or it won't stay on there.

ghettogeddy
02-23-2009, 12:59 PM
dont do it the black/tan is like the best looking int ever no joke

MessyHonda
02-23-2009, 01:11 PM
i used SEM fabric and vynal paint and it worked out good....i used rubbing alcohol to prep it and i did like 4-5 coats...turned out good

lostforawhile
02-23-2009, 01:33 PM
you know the dash pad unscrews? takes a different prep for the soft dash pad and the hard plastic. if you paint them apart comes out much better. eastwood.com has all of the SEM paints and the prep products.

Civic Accord Honda
02-23-2009, 02:16 PM
yep it can. I used the duplicor vinyl and fabric dye to color match a blue dash I bought so it'd match my black interior.
Just be sure to do the proper prep work or it won't stay on there.
yep that stuff works great if you prep it i did used in on my metro and i was to lazy to prep one of the door panels and it flaked off but on the rear interior where i did the prep work it came out nice and didnt flake or anything

Nafs Asdf
02-23-2009, 02:23 PM

I was gonna say that.

geeteedan
02-23-2009, 02:55 PM
i used SEM fabric and vynal paint and it worked out good....i used rubbing alcohol to prep it and i did like 4-5 coats...turned out good

any pics?

2ndGenGuy
02-23-2009, 02:58 PM

+2 that is soooo nice looking!! :flash:

-$MOKIN-
02-25-2009, 07:59 PM
+2 that is soooo nice looking!! :flash:

yes it is i love my tan and black interiot but i threw in a coouple a maroon peices into it just to throw a different color into it. il gert some pics soon and post them:rockon:

Pico
02-25-2009, 10:34 PM
I used Krylon Fusion for plastic on my Black/Tan dash and the other console pieces to get it all black.

A18A
02-26-2009, 01:57 AM
all black interior looks good if it's done right

Bassmastry101
02-28-2009, 10:01 AM
im thinking about painting/dying my bottom dash (not the pad) black to make it blue/black to match the tan/black. Is there any easy way to get the dash out?

Pico
02-28-2009, 12:14 PM
no easy way that I know of.
Have to unbolt everything, there are bolts on each side of the dash, one behind the clock, two behind the radio, and a few more that I cant remember where

lostforawhile
02-28-2009, 01:40 PM
im thinking about painting/dying my bottom dash (not the pad) black to make it blue/black to match the tan/black. Is there any easy way to get the dash out?if you are going to paint the dash,it has to come out anyway, take the time,do it right and paint the dash and the dash pad. if you only do half of it,it's going to look wierd. bottom half will be clean and new and the top will be old and weathered.

Dr_Snooz
03-01-2009, 08:16 AM
I have to agree with everyone else. Don't mess with the black and tan. I know black is cool and all, but it makes for a very uninviting interior space. You're just going to be depressed in your car and wanting to do drugs.

geeteedan
03-01-2009, 09:46 AM
I have to agree with everyone else. Don't mess with the black and tan. I know black is cool and all, but it makes for a very uninviting interior space. You're just going to be depressed in your car and wanting to do drugs.

:rly:

89sei89dx
03-01-2009, 04:26 PM
its really not hard to take out the dash. the hard part is putting it back in to the car without messin up the new paint. i took mine out and painted it all black. sanded a ll with fine sanding paper. and took off everything i could before i painted. it was awesome when i finished. looked brand new. and still looks good. i used the paint for vinyl and fabric from shucks/autozone/wallmart. it works just clean dash good first and light sand so paint will stay on. i did 2 coats. the dash comes out and goes in easy. :toilet:

MessyHonda
03-02-2009, 01:42 PM
yup on my door panels i painted the paint is flaking off because the seatbelt hits that part

A18A
03-04-2009, 12:57 AM
I know black is cool and all, but it makes for a very uninviting interior space. You're just going to be depressed in your car and wanting to do drugs.
well in that case, being depressed in my black interiord car wanting to do drugs is a better feeling than sitting in my red interiord car :)

Tomisimo
03-04-2009, 02:03 AM
The black and Tan interior is a best much yet.. I like gray as well Black/Grey , but its just me tho, U need plastic primer for it to look good if you want to paint it anyway, but I would have kept black/tan.. its sooo nice

Civic Accord Honda
03-04-2009, 02:45 PM
well in that case, being depressed in my black interiord car wanting to do drugs is a better feeling than sitting in my red interiord car :)
exactly !