PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Casing

3rd Party
02-23-2009, 01:12 PM
so i did some research and looked at the shop manual and i want to make sure that the adjusting points i'm trying to go for are the right ones. now i'm not trying to adjust the actual sealed beam bulb for beam placement, but the actual casing the sealed beam bulb sits in. i need it moved down about 1/4" at most. but i'm trying to find the adjustment screws for how far the headlight pops up. now on the shop manual it shows three adjustment screws behind the headlight casing, but i'm not sure if that really adjusts the height at which the beam casings come up or not. input welcome!

POS carb
02-24-2009, 11:55 AM
There are a few adjustments, unfortunately I don't ahve the pics
The headlight housing can be adjusted overall by shimming the 4 mounting points (two above the headlight, one by the radiator, one behind the headlight/turn signal. This can be used to change the angle left to right and to align it to the hood
The motor itself can tilt back and forth, this will affect at what angle the headlight stops at its open and closed positions. Loosten the mounting bolts and slide the moter back and forth until you find the right spot
the skin also adjusts a little (the painted part you see when the headlight is down) by loosening the tiny machine screws at the corners (I think they use an 8mm socket).
inside the flipup housing there is a small stop screw with a jam nut but I think it's only there to steady the light when its open so it doesn't shake

3rd Party
02-26-2009, 01:51 AM
There are a few adjustments, unfortunately I don't ahve the pics
The headlight housing can be adjusted overall by shimming the 4 mounting points (two above the headlight, one by the radiator, one behind the headlight/turn signal. This can be used to change the angle left to right and to align it to the hood
The motor itself can tilt back and forth, this will affect at what angle the headlight stops at its open and closed positions. Loosten the mounting bolts and slide the moter back and forth until you find the right spot
the skin also adjusts a little (the painted part you see when the headlight is down) by loosening the tiny machine screws at the corners (I think they use an 8mm socket).
inside the flipup housing there is a small stop screw with a jam nut but I think it's only there to steady the light when its open so it doesn't shake

thanks for taking the time to answer that, i honestly hate having to shut my hood a bunch of times 'cause it rubs up against the headlight casing