PDA

View Full Version : Where?

Bobby17772
02-23-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm getting a 1988 accord with a A20a3 in it and I was already wondering where to buy any performance parts for it, I know where to find things like MSD and short ram intakes and full exhaust/header, but thats pretty much it. I here people saying that got a cam and cam gear but all I find is for the B series engines. Do they not make parts for the A series or am I just not looking in the right place? Any help would really be appreciated. I know people are going to tell me to use the search bar and all that and I have been using it all day and all I've found was just names not actual shops or web sites. and all the ones that I did find it was just for the B20 and B18 engines. But anyway thanks for the help..in advanced

Bobby

Rendon LX-i
02-23-2009, 08:41 PM
You can get a cam from Colt,Delta which i have. Stage 2 272. As motor there is not really alot you have to choose from. you have to find interchangeable parts like ls rods and a18, lude vavle springs. Andysautosports have alot of stuff also and nopi.com

Ask us what your looking for and well see what we can do

Pico
02-23-2009, 08:44 PM
one of the members on here is selling his adj. cam gear that he got from the last group buy.
Send a PM to labeledsk8r and ask him how much

LX-incredible
02-23-2009, 08:51 PM
If you're looking for great aftermarket support, you're sol. You can find intake, header, and exhaust quite easily. Don't fuck around with MSD, their product is shit, and won't do you much good without major mods. Cam gear should be easy enough to find on here, 50 were sold and only 5 or so were installed from the last group buy. I have 3 that haven't made it on my cars yet. Not very useful without supporting mods either... Cam can be ground from delta or colt.

SEARCH!

Civic Accord Honda
02-23-2009, 08:56 PM
If you're looking for great aftermarket support, you're sol. You can find intake, header, and exhaust quite easily. Don't fuck around with MSD, their product is shit, and won't do you much good with just an intake and exhaust. Cam gear should be easy enough to find on here, 50 were sold and only 5 or so were installed from the last group buy. I have 3 that haven't made it on my cars yet. Not very useful without supporting mods either... Cam can be ground from delta or colt.

SEARCH!
wait so the MSD blaster coil is no good :confused: shit i was going to get there cap and rotor for my civic and use a blaster coil... now i really regret leaving my accel coil in the legend :uh::uh:

Bobby17772
02-23-2009, 09:01 PM
thanks for all the help. I knew I wasn't that stupid lol. I was wondering has anyone ordered off of andysautosport.com or no? because I've known the site for a long time but I've never ordered anything from them

Rendon LX-i
02-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Coil is good...my gay mallory fried so i had to send it in and get rebuild. its doing good so far lol...helps when your boosted

LX-incredible
02-23-2009, 09:18 PM
wait so the MSD blaster coil is no good :confused: shit i was going to get there cap and rotor for my civic and use a blaster coil... now i really regret leaving my accel coil in the legend :uh::uh: I was speaking more of the ignition boxes, I had one toast after 6 mo and hear the same from many others. Your stock coil will be good for just about anything you can throw at it. You will most likely extend the distributor's life (mainly the ignitor) by making the coil external. Remember not to use a low resistance coil like the blaster ss without the ignition box, that will toast that hitachi right quick. Their wires are nothing special either.

turabaka
02-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Don't forget Bisimoto is making cams for us now too. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he also doing some R&D on valve springs as well? Hopefully he's also gonna make us roller rockers too cause I'd be down for a set of those.

LX-incredible
02-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Coil is good...my gay mallory fried so i had to send it in and get rebuild. its doing good so far lol...helps when your boosted

Yes, their coils aren't bad. I've been running the ss for over a year without the box, the TEC ignitor handles it well, but I wouldn't expect the same from the hitachi.

Rendon LX-i
02-23-2009, 09:26 PM
agreed...

Civic Accord Honda
02-23-2009, 09:27 PM
I was speaking more of the ignition boxes, I had one toast after 6 mo and hear the same from many others. Your stock coil will be good for just about anything you can throw at it. You will most likely extend the distributor's life (mainly the ignitor) by making the coil external. Remember not to use a low resistance coil like the blaster ss without the ignition box, that will toast that hitachi right quick. Their wires are nothing special either.
Ah ok good to know theres a kit on egay that has the blaster coil 2 with the cap for 99 bucks so i was thinking about picking that up later on.

ngk plug wires ftw

LX-incredible
02-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Don't forget Bisimoto is making cams for us now too. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he also doing some R&D on valve springs as well? Hopefully he's also gonna make us roller rockers too cause I'd be down for a set of those.

Hopefully... He'd really have to be an idiot to go through with it, you know?

turabaka
02-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Hopefully... He'd really have to be an idiot to go through with it, you know?

sadly that's true. I might give them a call, and see what's they're working on/planning on making.

LX-incredible
02-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Ah ok good to know theres a kit on egay that has the blaster coil 2 with the cap for 99 bucks so i was thinking about picking that up later on.

ngk plug wires ftw

stat1k was talking about a kit like that, post up the link.

NGK are all most on here will ever need and the ends don't tear off!

Civic Accord Honda
02-23-2009, 09:48 PM
stat1k was talking about a kit like that, post up the link.

NGK are all most on here will ever need and the ends don't tear off!
heres the red one it does not come with the rotor though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-91-HONDA-CIVIC-MSD-EXTERNAL-COIL-DISTRIBUTOR-CAP-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2 Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3 a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem 360132811670QQitemZ360132811670QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5 fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

and here is the black it comes with a rotor

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-91-CIVIC-D15-D16-MSD-EXTERNAL-COIL-DISTRIBUTOR-CAP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2 Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3 a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem 250376068517QQitemZ250376068517QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5 fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Rendon LX-i
02-23-2009, 10:10 PM
i have accel plug wires...there nice..

labeledsk8r
02-24-2009, 09:06 AM
got your pm, sorry my pm box is full and figured it would be easyer to write back in here, i have a list of people wanting it and im slowly going down the list (as im haveing second thoughts of selling it as i might be getting another accord)

as everyone else said theres not alot of suport for these engines or cars, BUT alot of people have found ways to hack in other engine parts or wireing, anything from obd1 to LSD's just is going to take more money then a D motor . also if your more into B engines there is a groupe buy going on right now for a remake of the B motor mounts, the thread is called "dick head raceing" no joke look that up

i have accel plug wires...there nice..

those are allright, just be carefull when pulling them off as the ends love to pop off. good thing you can only buy them in a 8 pack. extras FTW

Bobby17772
02-24-2009, 11:21 AM
is it for the old B series or the new ones? Because I can't find any old B series engines around here but I can find the new ones like nothing

labeledsk8r
02-24-2009, 11:25 AM
is it for the old B series or the new ones? Because I can't find any old B series engines around here but I can find the new ones like nothing

newer

B16 (civic) B18 (teg/gsr) B20 (crv)

there used ot be a company that made aftermarket mounts and they stoped, a member on here got the mounts and is getitng them coppied via another aftermarket company,