PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler Piping?

Rendon LX-i
02-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Boosted 3geezers Im trying to find a intercooler piping to fit my setup...well a 90-97 accord intercooler piping work...or teg...or should i just get the universal...it just dont look like it would fit. but idk. Thanks

Rendon LX-i
02-24-2009, 11:17 PM
DAMN Nothing

mykwikcoupe
06-22-2009, 10:49 PM
did you or anyone esle ever verify the civic charge piping to fit. Just curious what everyone else did is all? I can wled and have a welder but dont have a bead roller and the better it looks the better it will be for me.

Rendon LX-i
06-22-2009, 11:32 PM
89T said 93 civic pretty much a dirrect bolt on.

mykwikcoupe
06-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Well heres the deal. Ive got the chargepiping for use if I wasnt to run an intercooler just from the turbo to the intake. Ive got a tial 35mm wastegate and Ive read its onkly good for 1bar so 14 psi. Ill be installing this on a stock block and getting it tuned professionally. Im wondering how important it is to get the intercooler into the system. i understand the function and loss of horsepower. i could try and scavenge some piping I guess to make my own kit. What does everyone think?

RobT5580
06-24-2009, 05:25 PM
I would be careful as im sure you recall Adam's issues with damaged ringlands etc. I am skeptical on how much boost a stock B20A can take granted all my blocks were built. IMO its not worth the work your doing to skimp out and i can't see it taking 14psi.

mykwikcoupe
06-24-2009, 05:48 PM
well as it sits now Im not worried about what it will take as much as what its capable of. Id be perfectly fine acepting the fact I was running 5 psi as long as the parts arew off the shelf. Until I get back to work I cant afford the parts it needs and till then Id like to push the envelope. Ebay civic kit is less than 150 and I could probably find an odd job to cover that. What do you think the stock block is capable of? Wasnt tommy running a larger turbo on less psi? I cant remember.

Tdurr
06-24-2009, 05:51 PM
89T said 93 civic pretty much a dirrect bolt on.

hm...
question, the alum. pipe used for CAI's, could i use that for a section of my charge pipe? :toilet:

86ccord
06-24-2009, 06:06 PM
nahh doggie.. you need to use vacuum cleaner hose.. that shit is mad tight.. it will suck some shit.. you know?

LOL anywhos, i think the civic ones can be modifyed just a bit to fit on the 3geezzz

Tdurr
06-24-2009, 07:07 PM
lol vacuum cleaner hose.. HAHA.

u need to come up here on the 2nd for the V. U can stay at my house(no homo)

86ccord
06-24-2009, 07:10 PM
lol vacuum cleaner hose.. HAHA.

u need to come up here on the 2nd for the V. U can stay at my house(no homo)

hah.. i gotta get my si lowered.. :) besides.. imma be in florida 2-8th.. shoont..

Tdurr
06-24-2009, 07:18 PM
FAGGOT!!! u need to come up here soon man. me, you, luke, and pete can all chill/take pics and shit. Maybe race(wouldnt be fair for yall tho :rolleyes:)

mushroom_toy
06-24-2009, 07:19 PM
FAGGOT!!! u need to come up here soon man. me, you, luke, and pete can all chill/take pics and shit. Maybe race(wouldnt be fair for yall tho :rolleyes:)

Youre right it wouldnt be fair....until your engine blows and we fly by.:flash:

Rendon LX-i
06-24-2009, 08:03 PM
LMFAO...... she shouldnt blow...TIM as far as in the charge pipe...ask 89T he told me that he got it to work perfectly....UMM im thinking on a T3 setup

MIKE....i noticed a big ass difference in power....AND YES if your not carefull youll blow denonate and thats not good....

Tdurr
06-24-2009, 08:07 PM
asshole. i would stab ur tires and cut ur brake lines if that happend luke. hahaha

but

ill prob just use my intake+ the pipes i got from my buddy and make them work lol.

AccordEpicenter
06-30-2009, 01:32 PM
ive seen aluminum piping used from cai's for charge piping, as long as the hose clamps and couplers are good your fine. Invest in t bolt clamps, worm gear clamps are worthless

Tdurr
06-30-2009, 07:03 PM
^^ the guy i bought my Ic and pipe from said the first night he had his eclipse a T-bolt clamp broke, then the switched all of them to worm types and never had a problem. Was a low 13 sec car all day. dono, ill just work with what i got.

Rendon LX-i
06-30-2009, 07:17 PM
i got worm clamps....not a problem at 12ps

Tdurr
06-30-2009, 08:05 PM
^^ SEEE ppl just have one thing break and claim all of it is bad. lol

Rendon LX-i
07-01-2009, 12:22 AM
haha im going to use the same....but i used a socket not a flat head to tighen the clamps.....so tdurr use the socket and 1/4 inch rachet. im buzzing so sorry for the spelling

AccordEpicenter
07-03-2009, 06:07 AM
i used to have problems with a couple charge pipes blowing off so i switched from worm gear clamps to t bolts and never had a problem since. Plus worm gear clamps are sharp and tend to cut into sillicone couplers, t bolts generally wont. There is a large price difference but its worth it imo, i was having them pop off at like 8-9psi

RobT5580
07-03-2009, 06:48 AM
I agree i used T-bolt clamps and i only had one pipe blow off so i had my friend roll the edges with a bead roller. The way i look at it is you get what you pay for and with boosted engines you want to eliminate all the petty issues by using the decent products. This is where cheap and turbo don't mix and i am sure all the turbo guys will agree and probably everyone has went over budget.

Tdurr
07-03-2009, 06:38 PM
I agree i used T-bolt clamps and i only had one pipe blow off so i had my friend roll the edges with a bead roller. The way i look at it is you get what you pay for and with boosted engines you want to eliminate all the petty issues by using the decent products. This is where cheap and turbo don't mix and i am sure all the turbo guys will agree and probably everyone has went over budget.

im over budget and i havent even got my turbo yet :(

AccordEpicenter
07-04-2009, 08:33 AM
you can have it

cheap, fast, reliable

but only 2 of the 3 at one time. You pick

Tdurr
07-05-2009, 11:12 AM
you can have it

cheap, fast, reliable

but only 2 of the 3 at one time. You pick

done!:flip: