PDA

View Full Version : Jerking and Stalling

Phil
09-27-2002, 08:21 PM
Ok ive hd this problem for quite some time now. But it only happend every now and then and lalty its been happening every single day. Some times ill go to accelerate and all of the sudden the car jerks, kind of like its losing power, then it get spower then loses power and then gets power.....but in the end the ends up slowing down to 40 even with the gas to the floor and when i hit 40km hr i keep the pedal floored then the rpm goes up and down, half the time the cars stalls out on me. Ive had many people look at it and they dotn know what it is. Its really annoying, ill get out on the hwy then it screws up and i cant get over 100km so i have to put in neutral and trun my car off for like 30sec and try again. Sometimes turning my car off works, some times it does absolutlty nothing.

Now sinse the other day my idiling has been a lil wack. In the maorning it was perfect then i was leaving for skool and all of the sudden id pull up to a light and stop and it would drop to less then 500rpm.....did it for about stops then i finally parked it, then all of the sudden the probelmw as fixed. Now on my way home tonoight it started to jerk on my when i went to accelerate fast. THen i hit a lgith and yet again its struggling to stay on. This time it droped to like 400rpm then i was waithcing iot go lower then all of the sudden it shot up toi 1500rpm....then it stalled.........

What the hell is my problem.....im desperate i need to ghet this fixed......when its bad it gets reall bad and i dont evem like to drive with my rpoblem.

My car is an 87' LX auto.......

Im falling half asleep writing this msg so sorry

PLEASE HELP

Phil:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

anchovies
09-27-2002, 09:16 PM
Sorry I didn't read the whole thing, but when was the last time u changed the fuel filters?

Mantis88LX
09-27-2002, 09:18 PM
change spark plugs, spark plug wires, distrubiter cap. sounds like maybe its missing or something of that relation,

Phil
09-28-2002, 02:17 AM
ive done all that and nothing changed at all......nothing

doug
09-28-2002, 02:31 AM
it sounds like a transmission problem, but I dont know much about the automatic transmission because I've only had manuals. But a rough guess would be the automatics' gear clutches.

doug
09-28-2002, 02:42 AM
http://87accord.com/image/accord%20027.jpg
this is a stall speed test that I scanned

DanG86LX
09-28-2002, 08:45 AM
Silly Q but have u tested fuel pressure and pump output?

XBLCanterX
09-28-2002, 09:22 AM
Major tune up (all filters, PCV, wires, plugs, cap, rotor) Check your EGR valve and tube, they might be clogged.

ACCORD EX
09-29-2002, 04:24 AM
i would drain my tranny oil and use honda genuine , replace the PCV valve ?

MIKE

damackz
09-29-2002, 04:34 PM
get the fuel pressure checked..........change the fuel filters and it should be aiight

Morpheus
01-18-2003, 04:45 PM
off topic but xblcanterx has best icon ever

Morpheus
01-18-2003, 04:45 PM
off topic but xblcanterx has best icon ever

Mike's89AccordLX
01-18-2003, 04:55 PM
I see that you have a carb :super: Does this happen after you have it warmed up? I know if I don't let it warm up it will stall sometimes. Check the idle screw and A/F screw. Those might need adjusting.

white89lx
01-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Maybe your timing belt needs to be replaced... just a thought...... it would be a devastating disaster if thats the case and soon it blew up. :)

Mike's89AccordLX
01-18-2003, 09:41 PM
My timing belt broke and that's what happend to my engine. I wasn't aware of performance stuff at the time (just got the car) and my mom paid for new valves pistons and etc.. to get it fixed. It was like $2000 for it all. Really dumb of her. I told her I wanted a new engine but I didn't know what kind.

socal3rdgen
01-19-2003, 12:22 AM
hmmm. i was expecting somethin different from the title. :lol

Mike's89AccordLX
01-19-2003, 12:25 AM
:lol: lmao I didn't really notice that before. Remember the thread do I have to wash my balls? Now that was a tricky title. I didn't look in that thread for like 3 weeks after it was started b/c I thought it might be sick.

c20v6turbo3rdgen
01-19-2003, 05:19 PM
My car jerks at 2900 rpm sometimes, I think that I need to have a 90k service done on it. I wanna replace the flowing: plugs, wires, distrub, rotor button, and then do a fuel injectors cleaning. I work at a shop and I see some cars that come in and have that done (fuel injectors) from BG and then rev the hell out of it to get all the deposits off the heads or whatever from to much ideling. There is alot of smoke when it is done, I was told that it is burning it all out and then coming out of the exhaust. what should I do?

AccordEpicenter
01-20-2003, 09:23 AM
You should make sure the auto choke is opening, if it stays closed or just a little open when the car is warmed up than ill cause pretty much everything you said