PDA

View Full Version : I think I BLEW UP MY........

Rendon LX-i
02-26-2009, 06:52 PM
TURBO LOL....Man i guess my oil pressure way to high for a Stock DSM T25...my buddy told me they run only 14psi....umm that seems a bit to low but idk..What you guys think...I need some help here:banghead: At start up its fine and cruising then when i hit bout 4psi its fine also...WHEN I hit FULL BOOST its fine also BUT when i let go of wot i see a puff of smoke...SO it cant be the rings and pcv...Compression fine...SO turbo seals are taking a shit :burn:. SO im Either have to get a 16g, 20g or just replace the seals..IF i do that im thinking of doing a Open dump 02 housing..:bandit:

cubert
02-26-2009, 07:19 PM
hmm...i think my buddies starion used to do this and it ended up being valve seals...could be wayyy wrong though

Rendon LX-i
02-26-2009, 07:31 PM
valve seals would thow blue/black smoke

2ndGenGuy
02-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Shitty man. Is the motor okay? That's the important part!

TWOLOUDNPROUD
02-27-2009, 12:11 AM
valve seals would thow blue/black smoke

its to much fuel my accord did the same thing until i got her tuned it time you do the same it like night and day once you get it tuned you see what i am talking about.

Rendon LX-i
02-27-2009, 08:20 AM
its to much fuel my accord did the same thing until i got her tuned it time you do the same it like night and day once you get it tuned you see what i am talking about.

Umm.. DAMN SAFC...I need obd1 so bad. Motor is fine and Compression even across the board...im just pissed lol... I just wont hit full boost till i get tuned

3rd Party
03-07-2009, 06:32 PM
or you could've just acquired a T3 turbo, those are efficient up to 15 PSI of boost, and i've seen as much as 18 PSI, but that's sort of hit or miss. but all i wanna know is, "WHY THE DSM TURBO???" heh...you must've been hittin' the crack pipe fool, :nuts:

Tomisimo
03-07-2009, 06:48 PM
why? ^^
HKS based on Mitsubishi turboes for example and other aftermarket turbos, Mitsubishi made some of the finest turboes tru time, they are strong and reliable.. plus, those turbos was designed for a 2.0L engine, choosing a right turbo (http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/1774761-post1.html) very important as the engine build for it as well...

russiankid
03-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Do you have a restrictor on the oil line?

3rd Party
03-07-2009, 07:17 PM
why? ^^
HKS based on Mitsubishi turboes for example and other aftermarket turbos, Mitsubishi made some of the finest turboes tru time, they are strong and reliable.. plus, those turbos was designed for a 2.0L engine, choosing a right turbo (http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/1774761-post1.html) very important as the engine build for it as well...

i doubt HKS builds their turbos off a company who couldn't put a good motor together for the life of their carrier. and this is all assuming you acquire your 14G off an american DSM car, such as an Eclipse/Talon/3000GT/Stealth...all HORRIBLE cars, built off a bottom end that blows my mind with the lack of craftsmanship, ask any DSM owner who owns one after '91. now, a T3 turbo has a pretty small exhaust side, and can be spooled from a 2.0 motor, especially these motors considering they make more torque than power which isn't common in Hondas. and side by side a T3 and 14G turbo there's a VAST difference between the two, and the T3's larger and it's easy to find a T3 flange and make an exhaust manifold with it...i wouldn't go with anything but a T3 turbo on a motor like this

Tomisimo
03-07-2009, 07:33 PM
dont want to thread juck but while that said, the early A and B series was more Torq engines than power, and if you didnt know, that Torq is the power of the engine. But yea, T3 is good, but the hybrid is better, anyhow, I think he had hes reasons to put that turbo on, maybe we wait on hes statement.
But do a little research, HKS and some other manufacturers did based their turbos on Mitsubishi design and turbines.

3rd Party
03-07-2009, 07:40 PM
dont want to thread juck but while that said, the early A and B series was more Torq engines than power, and if you didnt know, that Torq is the power of the engine. But yea, T3 is good, but the hybrid is better, anyhow, I think he had hes reasons to put that turbo on, maybe we wait on hes statement.
But do a little research, HKS and some other manufacturers did based their turbos on Mitsubishi design and turbines.

well a car that makes more torque than horsepower generally makes more exhaust pressure making it easier to spool larger turbos, so one of these A20s with a T3 would do just fine. hell, on 10 pounds of boost off the T3 would be a pretty significant jump with the right cam, fuel injectors, pump, and piggy back setup. :dunno:

Rendon LX-i
03-07-2009, 07:53 PM
No oil restrictor. no more smoke i dont know whats happen i think cause i t'd my valve cover to pcv line and turbo was sucking oil. i took that off and no more smoke. so i think im good

3rd Party
03-07-2009, 07:58 PM
No oil restrictor. no more smoke i dont know whats happen i think cause i t'd my valve cover to pcv line and turbo was sucking oil. i took that off and no more smoke. so i think im good

too much blow by? compression test??

Rendon LX-i
03-08-2009, 12:30 AM
I did a compression test. 175 across the board. thats recent 2 weeks ago. The turbo is just to strong a vacum source. From that day i had smoke till this day i had no smoke. thats a good thing.

Nafs Asdf
03-08-2009, 12:36 AM
I did a compression test. 175 across the board. thats recent 2 weeks ago. The turbo is just to strong a vacum source. From that day i had smoke till this day i had no smoke. thats a good thing.

I won't claim I know a whole deal about turbos, but isn't a turbo (boost) the opposite of a vacuum source, as it creates more pressure and not less?

Rendon LX-i
03-08-2009, 12:59 AM
yes it makes postive pressure.....which can cause postive crank case pressue thus can pass thew the rings thus cause blow by. Which i have blow buy and its not the the point where i need rings. if you boost ....your going to have more blow by then normal. As far as of today im not smoking and at all. so reason for smoking was i t'd the valve cover to the pcv line that i had to my catch can setup. Turbo as just WAY to strong of a vacum source

russiankid
03-08-2009, 05:31 AM

If I were you I'd run one.

3rd Party
03-08-2009, 11:09 AM
that or some kind of catch can since you're having bad blow by...when my Z received a turbo motor it didn't have bad blow by, but after a year or more of high boost, and sometimes mildly high EGTs the blow by got worse...it's going to happen, but i've never had smoke come out the pipes after letting off the gas...but more or less while i'm giving it gas since the computer's working out the mixture. :dunno:

Rendon LX-i
03-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Well yesterday i did some runs and no smoke...i check my valve conver still the same as of a light film..SO idk. I order a oil restricter last night

3rd Party
03-08-2009, 04:15 PM
*crosses fingers* good luck man, sounds like it's fine now, but hopefully this restricter gets rid of it