PDA

View Full Version : Stupid 4g left me stranded...again...

Dr_Snooz
02-26-2009, 09:47 PM
My 1993 Accord SE left me stranded today on my way to work. I stopped to fill up with gas and it wouldn't start again. This time it was the ignition switch. Last time it was the igniter. Both times it gave no meaningful warning, a slight hiccup here or there and then poof, I'm stranded without any way to get to work.

The 3g is loyal. It can be grievously, mortally wounded and I can always limp it wherever I need it to go for thousands of miles. The 4g simply decides it's had enough and I'm walking.

Love your 3g!

:tongue:

Pico
02-26-2009, 09:54 PM
My 1993 Accord SE left me stranded today on my way to work. I stopped to fill up with gas and it wouldn't start again. This time it was the ignition switch. Last time it was the igniter. Both times it gave no meaningful warning, a slight hiccup here or there and then poof, I'm stranded without any way to get to work.

The 3g is loyal. It can be grievously, mortally wounded and I can always limp it wherever I need it to go for thousands of miles. The 4g simply decides it's had enough and I'm walking.

Love your 3g!

:tongue:

Agree show Love to your 3G, I cant tell you how many times my legend would overheat and I'd have to wait for it to cool down.
Pressure testing and leak down test showed no problems but yet it would overheat time and time again.
Thats why I sold it and got another 3G to drive daily

labeledsk8r
02-27-2009, 12:20 AM
3g ftw!

reminds me of how i drove my car from washington DC (orginaly starting in florida) to maine with a blown headgasket, leaking carb gasket and bad dizzy, she still limped all the way there and ran for 2 days after that.

must be why i want ot buy a 3rd 3g aswell lol

p.s sucks about the 4th gen..

Hauntd ca3
02-27-2009, 12:42 AM
3geez are awesome
mine failed twice in 8 years of ownership
granted they were both major failures
broken cam belt
blown auto trans
but other than that, never more than a flat tire

AccordB20A
02-27-2009, 04:51 AM
haha i would have to agree the accord never lets me down apart from if its got a known issue like my current radiator leak

Dr_Snooz
02-27-2009, 06:33 AM
haha i would have to agree the accord never lets me down apart from if its got a known issue like my current radiator leak

That's exactly what I'm talking about. The 3g let's you know there's a problem for 50,000 miles before it leaves you stranded. And it never really leaves you stranded. The 4g gives no indication of trouble until you're parked on the side of the road and late for work. Not cool.

Go 3geez!

MessyHonda
02-27-2009, 08:38 AM
woot....last time my switch went and i had to hold the key but it got me home

russiankid
02-27-2009, 03:47 PM
My 3gee left me stranded once. That was when the two o-rings on the fuel bowl level needle cracked. I couldn't change them on the spot because I would need to pull the top had out. Next day I just swapped a rebuilt top hat from a spare carb and still running today!

Rendon LX-i
02-27-2009, 07:38 PM
lol.....its weird how my 3gee never left me stranged only thing was my msd box went out and car turned of so i just put my stock coil on and bam lol

JTM
03-02-2009, 04:32 PM
I love my 4G! It hasn't left me stranded, but it almost got me in an accident! I was leaving school and my car shutoff in the middle of the road right before the on ramp. Before cars could see that I was stopped they were slamming on their brakes. It was very dangerous!

It ended up being my distributor and now all is well. I still love my CB7! At heart I still want another 3G though!

Justanothermike
03-04-2009, 07:00 PM
The factory honda coil and ignitor are the worst. I have spares laying around every where cuz that's the only thing that ever breaks.

Tomisimo
03-05-2009, 03:53 AM
Once I drove 500mils with all my stuff from school home, had radiator cork blown of the radiator, didnt notice that I was low on water in radiator until the engine was hot and start to die on me, but still I manage to near road pocket, engine cooled, refueled with water and run like it never had happened. Still got me home safe and sound.. Its the only thing in my life that didnt let me down!!...3Gee FTW....

here pick of that day
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Tomisimo/3Geez/03072007046.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Tomisimo/3Geez/03072007058.jpg

MessyHonda
03-05-2009, 10:55 AM
The factory honda coil and ignitor are the worst. I have spares laying around every where cuz that's the only thing that ever breaks.

i did the ignitor bypass