PDA

View Full Version : Stage 3 clutch!

itzdave
02-27-2009, 03:35 PM
just came into my shop today!!! im so stoked to put it on, but im not gunna be able to for about a month. and when i have the motor out im gunna (prolly) rebuild the bottom end, repaint the motor, change all motor mounts, engine bay clean up, etc... I CANT WAIT!!!

AccordB20A
02-27-2009, 03:40 PM
i know how it feels , sadly i have a rebuilt motor and no flash clutch to install poosssss

russiankid
02-27-2009, 03:58 PM
I feel ya man. I can't wait to pull the engine out on my BMW and swap the trans for a 5-speed, but money is setting me back from doing it, and time....fuck!

2oodoor
02-27-2009, 05:15 PM
boo hoo on any bmw stories..

all due respect for your accord finese however

Dave sounds like you are stoked, have fun.

86ccord
02-27-2009, 06:39 PM
gah i need money!!! but sick pick up bro! cant wait to see the clean up pictures.. :D

3gmodifier
02-27-2009, 06:59 PM
i deffinatley know how you feel dude, once i got my b20a basically built, i had the tranny on it with whole thing on a stand. i made a usable harness to run the engine on a stand in my garage but couldnt make it work cuz i didnt my fidanza flywheel or clutch. it wasnt till almost 4 months later when i got my parts. at that point i said fuck it, and just put the damn thing in the car with no axles and ran that beast. ALL IN GOOD TIME DUDE!!!!!

Rendon LX-i
02-27-2009, 07:12 PM
stage 3 man thats SICK WIT IT lol...What brand Clutchnet?

itzdave
02-27-2009, 08:58 PM
gripforce... i know, its not a big name brand, but i did a lil bit of searching on other honda/acura forums and quite a few guys said that they got this same one, and that 10000 miles later, it still works great! so i figured id give it a shot. stage 3 is prolly a lil overkill for my car, but oh well, i had a stage 1 and went thru it in about 1.5 yrs of driving. and i dont run my car that hard really, so i figured stage 2 would be nice (and id kinda been thinking about upgrading anyway) then after i damn near fried the clutch in seattle on v-day, i started looking and just HAD to get the stage 3...

itzdave
02-27-2009, 09:00 PM
http://gripforce.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_29_81_245&products_id=286

russiankid
02-27-2009, 09:18 PM
boo hoo on any bmw stories..

all due respect for your accord finese however

Dave sounds like you are stoked, have fun.

At one point in time it used to be Honda stories...but now she's solid as rock(knock on wood) so no need.:sad2:

Civic Accord Honda
02-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Sweet! that stage 3 is going to be killer on daily driving though is it a 6 puck or street disk?
im going with a stage 1 or stage 2 street disk LSD clutch for my civic

Rendon LX-i
02-28-2009, 12:41 AM
I got a stage 1 gripforce and im surpise how hard it grips...even at full boost no slipping at all...at all...did i say at all lol

itzdave
02-28-2009, 04:05 AM
Sweet! that stage 3 is going to be killer on daily driving though is it a 6 puck or street disk?

6 puck.

russiankid
02-28-2009, 08:43 AM

Why?!

MessyHonda
02-28-2009, 11:58 AM
wow...that is cheap...i got a clutchnet one and paid close to 600 bucks with a 8 pound flywheel

Rendon LX-i
02-28-2009, 05:02 PM
and the sad thing messy its looks the same only thing different its BLUE LOL..thats crazy...thats what im getting next

itzdave
02-28-2009, 07:48 PM
yea and it doesnt come with a flywheel :(

Civic Accord Honda
02-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Why?!
its ALOT stiffer then stock there for clutch peddle is harder to push in not really a big deal though once u drive with it for about a week u get used to it (and your calf gets stronger! XD)

MessyHonda
03-02-2009, 02:50 AM
and the sad thing messy its looks the same only thing different its BLUE LOL..thats crazy...thats what im getting next

well from what rujudy says he said that clutchnet is the best stuff...im not going to lie...but i love my clutch....grips good...even with my integera gears...it will grab hard.

Tomisimo
03-02-2009, 09:33 AM
have stage 1 clutch with resurfaced flywheel but not installed yet :/ from gripforce as well... Well will see what its good for later this summer.
After driving S4 5v with stage 3 and DTM short clutch pedal.. I can judge...

russiankid
03-02-2009, 09:35 AM
its ALOT stiffer then stock there for clutch peddle is harder to push in not really a big deal though once u drive with it for about a week u get used to it (and your calf gets stronger! XD)

I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to the fact that your civic is bone stock.

itzdave
03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to the fact that your civic is bone stock.

yea ya dont really need a stage 3 unless you have done a few power adders.

b20a86lude
03-16-2009, 08:24 AM
fail araon fail

Civic Accord Honda
03-16-2009, 08:46 AM
yeah but if i plan on keeping it i want to get a good clutch so it wont be slipping when i start getting bolt ons. but if i'm going to sell it later on i'm just going to get a vatozone clutch.. not sure yet but i will know by the time i go to get the clutch lol.... the good clutch is only $70 more so i mine as well just get it ether way lolol

cubert
03-16-2009, 09:06 AM
yea ya dont really need a stage 3 unless you have done a few power adders.

Stage 3 is probably overkill for 95% of the N/A accords on here...

CAH, if you do plan on keeping it, def go with something beefed up a little bit. I put a stock replacement in my civic that was pretty much stock, and it didnt hold up real well.

3rd Party
03-16-2009, 09:24 AM
aren't you worried about drive axles at all with a clutch that has so much grabbing force? i've been in cars with six puck clutches and it's NO walk in the park on your drive axles. you either stall it, or spin the wheels a bit.

rjudgey
03-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Is that picture on the website you put the link to actually what you got for $169?? If so looks a bargain! But got to warn you that is not a street clutch that is going to shudder and and shake like a SOB especially when your breaking it in! My clutchnet with red plate and sprung organic disk was a real nightmare to bed in and is very stiff and shudders a bit getting into gear but it's fan bloody tastic has lasted 5k harsh miles and one track day and still like new well worth the money much better than any other clutch and I've tried them all!!! and broke them all!!! Works really nice with my 10lb flywheel just love it! Only need the ceramic pucks for Heavy turbo or race track only use. Also the ceramic pucks won't last long there designed for drag race only cars. See if you can buy a seperate disk or pick up a organic sprung disk from clutchnet if you can 't get one seperately, also looking at the size of that disk from the picture make sure it fits onto your flywheel with enough clearance on the centre of the flywheel where my clutch net is so heavily engineered had to have the flywheel centre machined out so it could fit and work properly. As i was lightening it anyway wasn't a problem should have seen the job on it was well nice seemed a shame to hide it in the gearbox lol!! Stronger than ally and just as light! Cost me a bit to have done but was a little cheaper than a new ally one.

itzdave
03-16-2009, 05:15 PM
yea i got the same one that was in the pics. and yea i know its gunna be kind of a pain to drive for a while, but i also plan on puttin a lsd in pretty soon too, so that should (maybe?) help with the wheel spin...

3rd Party
03-24-2009, 08:34 PM
what kind of power do you need to be making for the stock clutch to start slipping??

Rendon LX-i
03-24-2009, 08:55 PM
LOL..bro your to much...just wear in tear dont take much. can be either you a bad driver or you just racing like a ricer lol...i baby my shit and make sure it grabs.... not like some people roooooooooom and let go of the clutch slowy lol rooom lol...i

3rd Party
03-24-2009, 09:09 PM
LOL..bro your to much...just wear in tear dont take much. can be either you a bad driver or you just racing like a ricer lol...i baby my shit and make sure it grabs.... not like some people roooooooooom and let go of the clutch slowy lol rooom lol...i

how am i too much? that's a legit fuckin' question...i don't have more than a muffler, intake, and 260-grind cam and the cluttch slips here and there from most likely wear and tear. i hear everyone talk about power adders, and bolt-ons, but outside of intake, exhaust, and cam...what other bolt-ons are we talking here?? unless we're going the route of turbo, i could understand the clutch slipping right off the bat...but slapping on a six-puck clutch on a hardly modified car is a bit much...

Rendon LX-i
03-25-2009, 06:55 AM
Just as a joke guy. Well...shouldnt be sliping guy so you going to have to replace it. thats not good. its going to get worse and worse.

itzdave
03-25-2009, 10:05 AM
yea, ive done quite a bit to my motor, and the stage 1 was slipping a little... i know that the stage 3 is prolly a lil bit overkill, but i also plan do doin more to my car as well, and i dont wanna have to upgrade the clutch again when i do more, plus ill just enjoy the imediate response from the stage 3.

3rd Party
03-25-2009, 10:31 AM
yea, ive done quite a bit to my motor, and the stage 1 was slipping a little... i know that the stage 3 is prolly a lil bit overkill, but i also plan do doin more to my car as well, and i dont wanna have to upgrade the clutch again when i do more, plus ill just enjoy the imediate response from the stage 3.

what've you done to your car? and do you know what the ball park numbers are for your power/torque??

itzdave
03-25-2009, 10:51 AM
what've you done to your car? and do you know what the ball park numbers are for your power/torque??

i have no idea what numbers im making...
but so far ive:
removed;
entire a/c system
p/s
rear seats, carpet, door panels, headliner, glove box, etc...
changed seats to 12lb buckets w/ 4 point harnesses
the entire car is pretty much stripped, its a motor and trans mounted to an empty cage with 2 seats...

added;
delta 272 cam (bout to get a 282)
rebuilt head
p+p head
weber 38/38
K&N air filter
msd blaster 2 coil
header
2.25" exhaust after header/downpipe NO CATS
flowmaster muffler
rebuilt motor
poly motor mounts (next week)
poly shifter mount bushing thingy
stage 1 clutch

and a few other things prolly, but thats all i can really think of...

and thats just the motor/weight reduction stuff, ive also done a bit to the suspension/handling too.

3rd Party
03-25-2009, 11:02 AM
i have no idea what numbers im making...
but so far ive:
removed;
entire a/c system
p/s
rear seats, carpet, door panels, headliner, glove box, etc...
changed seats to 12lb buckets w/ 4 point harnesses
the entire car is pretty much stripped, its a motor and trans mounted to an empty cage with 2 seats...

added;
delta 272 cam (bout to get a 282)
rebuilt head
p+p head
weber 38/38
K&N air filter
msd blaster 2 coil
header
2.25" exhaust after header/downpipe NO CATS
flowmaster muffler
rebuilt motor
poly motor mounts (next week)
poly shifter mount bushing thingy
stage 1 clutch

and a few other things prolly, but thats all i can really think of...

and thats just the motor/weight reduction stuff, ive also done a bit to the suspension/handling too.

sounds like what, "turabaka" is running, and when we dynoed his car he was making just three or four hp/tq shy of triple digit numbers. i would honestly stay away from the clutches with, "pucks" and stick with discs with more grabbing power...there's gotta be something out there with the grabbing power where it won't slip. hell, there should be third stage clutches that're still discs

stat1K
03-25-2009, 11:02 AM
doesn't sound like you'll be making enough for a stage 3... and it's carbed so you're probably not going the FI route... but i like a hard clutch so i'm not talking too much trash...

AccordB20A
03-25-2009, 11:04 AM
didnt not know ur mods list was so long lol

3rd Party
03-25-2009, 11:19 AM
doesn't sound like you'll be making enough for a stage 3... and it's carbed so you're probably not going the FI route... but i like a hard clutch so i'm not talking too much trash...

heh, 'nuff said! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

MessyHonda
03-25-2009, 11:46 PM
yeah its always good to have a good clutch....you dont want to make it slip....i like shifting quick so a good clutch is always good

3rd Party
03-26-2009, 12:43 AM
yeah its always good to have a good clutch....you dont want to make it slip....i like shifting quick so a good clutch is always good

a good clutch does help, BUT you could always beef up an automatic with a shift kit??

MessyHonda
03-26-2009, 07:24 AM
a good clutch does help, BUT you could always beef up an automatic with a shift kit??

yeah our autos dont have the strength to take on lots of hp. on my dx the auto trans went out and it was stock motor..just like 145k miles on it

Rendon LX-i
03-26-2009, 11:28 AM
umm OWNED LOL. Messy told you