PDA

View Full Version : Removing Rear Struts

JBona
03-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Is there an easier way to get at the top of the struts in the rear, besides removing all the covering in the trunk?
if i have to remove it all, im probably going to just cut it all out, fuck it.
but if i can get to them an easier way without having to do that, then it would be great.

ghettogeddy
03-02-2009, 02:55 PM
dude its only like a screw to get at the rear struts lol its like that in every 3g

there should be a cap over that area youd rear seat folds down right

griffonks
03-02-2009, 03:25 PM
http://www.autozone.com/addVehicleId,1044201/initialAction,repairGuide/shopping/repairGuide.htm?pageId=0900c1528005fb2a

try this link....

ghettogeddy
03-02-2009, 03:30 PM
http://www.autozone.com/addVehicleId,1074301/initialAction,repairGuide/shopping/repairGuide.htm?pageId=0900c1528005fb2a

mine actually works lol

-$MOKIN-
03-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Thats funny because i just got back form the junk yard and got those HKB front struts i posted about, but couldnt get the rear strut bolt of the bottom. for nothin.. Got the front tho.. But damn i need those back ones. bad anyone know of a tool? last time i did it it jsut poped out with a 5 pound sludge but this one isnt comin out.. Suggestions ? oh yeah i paid 47 bucks for the front. which have very little surface rust on them. and the springs look new.

ghettogeddy
03-02-2009, 03:56 PM
gona have to cut them out

JBona
03-02-2009, 04:05 PM
yeah i figured it out. my rear seats dont fold down, but i yanked on em and pulled them forward plenty to get at the bolts.
after figuring it out, it was kind of a dumb question, haha.

so does anyone have a full set of performance shocks for under $100 shipped?
im interested if you do.

ghettogeddy
03-02-2009, 04:08 PM
lol hahahahahahah i doubt you will find that even used tokicos go for a lil over 150 lol

russiankid
03-02-2009, 05:23 PM
There is, just remove the square cover and loosen the bolts.

markmdz89hatch
03-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Jbona --> Glad to see that you were able to figure it out. What springs are you currently running? What are you planning to replace the blown shocks with?

JBona
03-03-2009, 07:32 PM
i dont know what kind of springs they r. i think they MIGHT be Tein. my buddy gave them to me, and he always gets Tein springs. he had them on stock shocks off a 97 civic hatch. i couldnt use the shocks tho, so i put the springs on mine. it turns out none of them were blown, but i would still like to eventually get a cheap pair of performance shocks. ill just keep looking until i find ones that fit my budget. im still putting money into my 300zx to get that ready for summer, so the accord is kind of of the back burner for a while.
i love this site and everyones quick responses to threads. even though i figured it out by checking where i should have looked first, lol, its still nice to see so many people willing to help out. now the next person can search and find a quick answer.

markmdz89hatch
03-03-2009, 07:51 PM
i dont know what kind of springs they r. i think they MIGHT be Tein. my buddy gave them to me, and he always gets Tein springs. he had them on stock shocks off a 97 civic hatch. i couldnt use the shocks tho, so i put the springs on mine. it turns out none of them were blown, but i would still like to eventually get a cheap pair of performance shocks. ill just keep looking until i find ones that fit my budget. im still putting money into my 300zx to get that ready for summer, so the accord is kind of of the back burner for a while.
i love this site and everyones quick responses to threads. even though i figured it out by checking where i should have looked first, lol, its still nice to see so many people willing to help out. now the next person can search and find a quick answer.

shit man, you're following in my footsteps. I had a '90 N/A (Z) from '01 to '03. Loved the car, and loved driving it even more. Word of advice on that, get yourself some Eibach Pro-Kit's on KYB AGX's. Sick street setup that doesn't rattle ur guts. Is your Z32 a TT or N/A (reg or 2+2?). Edit: Nevermind, I just read your sig. I'm a bonehead. Let me know if anyone in your local Z club is selling their low mileage '90 or '91 with little or no mods. Would prefer TT, but N/A will work too. I just want mine back dammit.

So the springs you got for your 3G... ...they're not from a 3G, but instead from a Civic? Are they florescent green? Any pics? What shocks do you have now?