PDA

View Full Version : Fuel hose

accordion89
03-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Its funny how the a simple thing could go wrong, I went to replace my fuel filter today, I removed the line that goes to the front of the car with no problem, the line thats connected to the? well, I'm not sure what its connected to, the one that eventualy gets connected to the pump I mannaged to tare the line, its very frustrating the hose end does not have any slack, cars sitting on stands now not sure how to go about fixing the problem

turabaka
03-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Is it the rear fuel filter? Cause if so that line's pretty easy to replace. Just pop the cover off inside the car that's over the top of the fuel pump, disconnect the line, and put a new one in it's place. I replaced all of those lines when I switched over to a holley fuel pump, and it wasn't as Bad as I thought it'd be.

accordion89
03-02-2009, 07:15 PM
wow thanks, happy to get a speedy response

Yeah, its the filter below by the gas tank, its the line that goes up and back

so thats connected directly to the pump? how did you fish the hose to the pump? did you leave any slack for the new hose?

russiankid
03-02-2009, 07:19 PM
You should leave a little bit of slack just incase. Fishing it through isn't hard. Use a flash light and you will see the old one is laying ontop of the tank.

turabaka
03-02-2009, 07:19 PM
I didn't really fish the hose to the pump so much as connect it to the barb on the tank and fish it down towards the wheel well. I ended up using about the exact same length of hose because I mounted my pump using the bracket for the fuel filter, leaving me with just the fuel filter up front.

lostforawhile
03-02-2009, 07:23 PM
make sure the parts store doesn't sell you vaccume hose instead of fuel hose!! autozone is good about doing this. fuel hose will have rated for fuel stamped on the side. vaccume line is not safe for fuel and will dissolve.

turabaka
03-02-2009, 07:25 PM
make sure the parts store doesn't sell you vaccume hose instead of fuel hose!! autozone is good about this. fuel hose will have rated for fuel stamed on the side. vaccume line is not safe for fuel and will dissolve.

yeah I end up asking people that question a lot at work. Whether they need vac line or fuel line.

accordion89
03-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Ok, will do

Meh, I have to move my 12s now boo-hoo

:)