PDA

View Full Version : Blew a Tire Today..

88WhiteLX-i
09-27-2002, 11:32 PM
Yeah so I was driving today, roads were slick from raining all day, but it wasn't raining at that point. I am coming down the road at about 40-45 mph and I see a brand new black Lincoln Town Car necking out of a hospital drive way on my right side about 300 feet in front of my car. His hood was maybe a few feet at most into the roadway becuase he had to merge into traffic on the other side of the street. As I approach at 40+ mph with about 300 feet to go, the other side of the street is blocked up, there's no way he can merge without stopping first in my way. So what does the son of a bitch do but cut right in front of me and completely block my lane of traffic with me going 40+ mph and only 200 feet away. I slam my brakes on, obviously the wheels locked up plus no traction because it had been raining out, I completely let go of the brake because I would've T-boned the guy. after I let go of the brake there was no way I was going to slow down without hiutting the guy, so I swerve up onto the curb and into the hospital parking lot. When I hit the curb I hear a POP and after I throw my car into park my front tire is fucking blown. Obviously the guy just keeps on going and never stops or turns around, fucking piece of shit. But anyways, I pull my spare and jack out, spare is good jack is rusted up and useless. I was pissed and furious, luckily I had my cell phone with me and I called my brother up to bring me his jack. But there is a good point to this story. I bring my car to the tire place where I bought my fron tires new and my brother bitched them out about my tire blowing. I had a road hazard thing when I bought the tires new so I got a brand new tire, mounted and balanced for FREE. Although my rim is a little bent in the spot where I hit the curb, it's still good and does not shake or is warped. Well thanks for reading my story, had to get that off my chest.....:bandit:

Jims 86LXI HB
09-28-2002, 08:06 AM
Well that sucks, glad your ok and so is the car. I'll bet your gonna be on the lookout for black lincoln's:chainsaw:

Dutchboy
09-28-2002, 09:24 AM
you are lucky nothing else broke....i would thank your brother...sounds like hes a nice guy..

BEn

POS carb
09-28-2002, 01:41 PM
shoud have hit that mofo, he would be at fault and a lincon usually = good $$ :pimp:

unless it's a ghetto ass continental from the early 90's with popped bags and broken trunk latch (like all of them)

anchovies
09-28-2002, 11:57 PM
yeap...u shouldn't have slammed on your brakes (some of u guys call em BREAKS WTF)
:D but good to know that your ride is okie.

smufguy
09-29-2002, 08:09 AM
thats how i blew my right rear tire. This lady let her child go when i was turning and that dum 2 yrl old came running to the car. i was like WTF?? and i swirved to the right and my back tire pressed on the curb and goes frrrrrrpt. and the child starts to cry and the mom looks at me like i was wrong. Then i get out of the car and i see my rear tire is fucked up. Guess what, i got a full spare. and thats what i still have. a full spare in the trunk, yeah it does not fit in, but who cares, i still have a full spare. hehehe,

88WhiteLX-i
09-30-2002, 07:24 PM
Yeah my car is fine it doesn't shake on the highway, THANK GOD, but Iam almost certain that I blew it out of center alignment. It's not even that bad though, only pulls just a tiny bit and sometimes not at all. The Lincoln was brand new Iam guessing a 200 or 2001 model, I can still remember the fucking shiny paint. I swear man these old people should drive Geo Metro's inside of 4000 pound brick walls. Iam also guessing that my rim would have ben even more dented than it was if I hadn't replaced my front springs and struts recently???

Civic Accord Honda
10-18-2010, 05:37 PM
2002?! holy crap i was 12 when this thread was made.............

coolman603
10-18-2010, 05:51 PM
crap i was 10 haha

RAZR
10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Zombie thread

charliekuney
10-18-2010, 06:53 PM
I was 9!

Hazwan
10-18-2010, 08:17 PM
I was 16 and I was a ricer LOL

A18A
10-18-2010, 08:23 PM
haha i was 10

wh1skea
10-19-2010, 05:09 AM
damn, I feel old, I was 20

ShyBoyCA6
10-19-2010, 05:58 AM
i was 13 haha good times

phrenology
10-19-2010, 09:28 AM
OLDY

I was 21, living in Netherlands, eatin' pomme frites, drinkin' beer, starring at Dutch paintings and the ladies. :sadwave: