PDA

View Full Version : I hate my car....

mushroom_toy
03-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Thats the way i feel right now anyway. I just put a brand new rad in, new rad hoses, new trans fluid, oil change, and did throttle body bypass with two new hoses after one burst ast night....now I crank it up today and another hose burst....god this is pissing me off.

Tdurr
03-04-2009, 02:13 PM
where the hell u been. I need to talk to u... U gonna be at the V tomorrow?

AccordB20A
03-04-2009, 02:38 PM
what casuses all the issues, was it a new hose that bursted thats random as

russiankid
03-04-2009, 04:59 PM
It happens man. I had a radiator leak on my non-3gee car. I thought it was the hose. I changed the hose, and now the radiator has a nice steady stream of fluid, which is probably a crack.

Maybe the hoses were defective?

mushroom_toy
03-04-2009, 05:34 PM
No they were old hoses that burst. ive replaced all of them now so none leak at all. Only ones left to replace are two main heater hoses.

Tim i wont be at the v tomorrow.

russiankid
03-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Thats the first thing I do when I get an old car, is replace the whole cooling system. My 3gee's cooling system is about 3-4 years old, probably about time to redo it again.

3rd Party
03-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Thats the first thing I do when I get an old car, is replace the whole cooling system. My 3gee's cooling system is about 3-4 years old, probably about time to redo it again.

I don't know about needing to replace the cooling system after three years. If they can make OEM cooling parts last for 15+ years given the owner flushes and changes fluid regularly, you really shouldn't have to, "redo" it.

Tdurr
03-04-2009, 05:56 PM
No they were old hoses that burst. ive replaced all of them now so none leak at all. Only ones left to replace are two main heater hoses.

Tim i wont be at the v tomorrow.

damn. Well i gotta pull the head again.... so i feel ur pain.

BTW, call me when u get a chance. i would like to talk you about a few things.

MessyHonda
03-05-2009, 10:20 AM
yeah sometimes the 20 year old hoses just bust....i changed mine out soon after my radiator went.

Tomisimo
03-05-2009, 11:28 AM
where do you guys get hoses?
Is there any silicone hoses for our cars?

M-Toy, really sorry to hear about that happening, but there are no reason to be pissed off. its 20 or more year old car after all ;)

Joay
03-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Your car is the shit. I'll be amazed if my car makes it within a hundred thousand miles of where yours already is.
Persevere. :)

Rendon LX-i
03-05-2009, 12:00 PM
thats gay...i changed a few but never bursted... but i see the hose next to the pcv vavle very soft so im giong to have to change it here so and maybe get ride of that piece of crap metal tubing where i used to have vavle cover hose to intake.