PDA

View Full Version : Just one of those days...

YK86
09-28-2002, 12:16 AM
I had to take the front knuckle off on the 88 so I could get a new bearing pressed in the hub since it was showing signs of advanced wear (it would seize up for a second after coming to a stop and then go back to normal). Not a big deal since I already knew it was starting to go last time I inspected it so I had a new bearing in the garage.

Well in the end, I also ended up replacing the tie rod end and lower ball joint since both of them had ripped boots with the joints having a bit more play than I would like. So what was supposed to only be labor for getting the bearing pressed ended up being another $100 CAD in parts plus the press also cost twice what I thought it would at $40CAD. If I didn't have an account/discount at that auto store, it could have been $150 regular price for parts alone. Anyways, including the bearing I previously bought, the bill came to about $220. Thank god I do my own labor or it could have been alot worse. I know it's not a huge huge bill but it's still an unexpected expense which is always bad.

carotman
09-28-2002, 05:13 AM
Yeah, that always happens on old suspensions. You try to remove a balljoint and end up deplacing the Axle :)

smufguy
09-28-2002, 09:53 PM
guy1: look, two moderators talking to each other

guy2: shhhhh, its none of ur business to poke into other ppl's business

guy1: but, but i can see what they are writing

guy2: just close ur eyes, dammit

<<attention: this is a whore post cause i am tired. beep>>

YK86
09-28-2002, 10:04 PM
LOL. I post stuff not expecting to get replies anyways so it's okay (I think I said that before too.....). Thanks Carot LOL.