PDA

View Full Version : >Suspension tech< Bushings/C.arms/Ball Joints best advise needed!!!

Tomisimo
03-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Ok Guys, please dont whore here.. If you have useful info, post it here, feel free.
My question is, I need to know all bushings in our suspension, what they name is and how many of them is under there.
I'm planing on whole suspension rebuild and need all those parts. Starting from bushings to sway bar bushings.. links and ball joints.
I just want to order all of them so I dont get to disassemble it again to change 2 bushing for example I over looked.

Thanks

Tomisimo
03-07-2009, 07:03 AM
No one want to help?
ehh.. well then I just gona do all by my self then.. Thanks guys anyway for looking at this thread at least..

Pico
03-07-2009, 08:15 AM
go on to Majestic Honda (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/PartsSearch.jsp) they have diagrams on all the bushings locations.
Hope that helps

carotman
03-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Don't be in such a hurry :D

You want all the bushings? Prothane makes a front lower arm kit and you can get some for the rear lower arm/strut.

redaztec
03-07-2009, 09:48 AM
go on to Majestic Honda (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/PartsSearch.jsp) they have diagrams on all the bushings locations.
Hope that helps

Agreed, that combined with the Honda service manual is how I figured out what the bushings are. It takes a bit of work to find it all but it's worth it. It's an expensive little project to be sure, but it makes a huge difference.

Tomisimo
03-07-2009, 09:53 AM
thanks Pico and Carot,
I forgat about that we have one really really helpful thing, called Book, I remembered I had .pdf on it..
And Carot? what are the best choice? Pollyuratane bushings scweek, I really dont like that, dos MOOG make OE.replacement with a bit more stiffer ruber than Honda OE or?

Tomisimo
03-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Agreed, that combined with the Honda service manual is how I figured out what the bushings are. It takes a bit of work to find it all but it's worth it. It's an expensive little project to be sure, but it makes a huge difference.

I must agree with you, but its not that expensive if you ask me, I rather drive on 14s one summer but have fun.. They do make your car feel brand new. So little things can do soooo much for driving experience.

Hauntd ca3
03-07-2009, 12:39 PM
urthane bushes donr squeak if you lube them up before you put them in.
have noticed that most of you guys dont have urethane front uca bushes
are they not available in the USA?
they are here if anyone wants me to organise some

Tomisimo
03-07-2009, 03:14 PM
I can agree to that^^ but over time the lube dries and they start to squeak, but there are more disadvantages with them. As one known member told me they sag owertime. If I had a fast garage where I can work on my car, yes squeaks would be fixed fast, but imagine bitter winter in Norway, they start to squeak, what you gona do? gona drive until summer comes...

Hauntd ca3
03-07-2009, 03:31 PM
lube shouldnt dry out if you use the right stuff
the grease that comes with the urethane bush is usually pretty good.
if you have to pull the bushes out every year or so,no biggie. just part of owning old cars in a harsh environment.
but i dont mind working on cars so dosnt bother me.
in the extreme cold that you and the canadian members experiance, the urethane should last longer than rubber
all depends what you want tho
low maintainence or more accurate steering and suspension geometery

Oldblueaccord
03-07-2009, 04:13 PM

I have never found any bushing but stock for the UCA. I would be interested in some although I run solid Nylon atm.

wp

nfs480
03-07-2009, 04:13 PM
How difficult of a job is it to replace all of the bushings and ball joints in the front end? Mine needs it extremely bad but I have never done any kind of suspension work in my life. Are there any special tools needed? i'm considering replacing all bushings, ball joints, and shocks this summer when I don't need to car to get to school, but i'm not sure if i'm capable of the job.

Hauntd ca3
03-07-2009, 07:29 PM
I have never found any bushing but stock for the UCA. I would be interested in some although I run solid Nylon atm.

wp

check my car thread, started by stevesi
i posted pics of them ages ago
arnt terribly expensive either
bout$20 nzd per side

the hardest ball joints to replace are the front lca ones
and would say the rear trailing arm bushes the hardest bush

Oldblueaccord
03-08-2009, 08:14 AM
How difficult of a job is it to replace all of the bushings and ball joints in the front end? Mine needs it extremely bad but I have never done any kind of suspension work in my life. Are there any special tools needed? i'm considering replacing all bushings, ball joints, and shocks this summer when I don't need to car to get to school, but i'm not sure if i'm capable of the job.

Well if it was my car and your up north I would buy new LCA with the bushing for like 60$ a side.Buy new UCA arms and bushing also. Assemble everything first and then replace all the parts at once. While its apart, new sway bar mount bushings and the radius rod bushing and that should cover everything.

You might want to add in CV joints,brake pads+rotors, and maybe replace your tierods too.

wp

Tomisimo
03-08-2009, 08:19 AM

is hard the first time, bacause all bolts and nuts are rusted, but if you maintained it once then the next time would be a easy.

Hauntd ca3 I dont mind working on cars, I love doing it, its not that, its just that I dont have a proper garage now and weather here is like, rain in sommer, snow 5-6 month of the year..

LX-incredible
03-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Dude poly doesn't squeak if you lube before installing. I've had them on my DD for getting close to 3 years now. The grease they give you with them is super tacky so it doesn't wash out.

Details!

Tomisimo
03-08-2009, 09:56 AM
ok.. where do you get those kits?
I find one to Nopi but I dont know if that kit is for both sides or just one side?
Please help me find them all :D for modest price..

need
*Damper lower mount 2 in front 2 in the back
*Control upper arm front 2 kits, rear 2 kits
*control lower arm inner 2
*control arm rear low.arm kit or 4. each side
*trailing arm rear 2
*Radius Rod kit 2

Hauntd ca3
03-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Details!

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hondasusp003ea9.jpg
try this
just been to suss a price and they work out at close to $22nz per side plus shipping, maybe less
how duz that sound? thats$11US plus shipping guys.cheap at twice the price
oh, can also get b20a headgaskets for bout$35US

Hauntd ca3
03-08-2009, 04:52 PM
BUMP
read post below

nfs480
03-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Well if it was my car and your up north I would buy new LCA with the bushing for like 60$ a side.Buy new UCA arms and bushing also. Assemble everything first and then replace all the parts at once. While its apart, new sway bar mount bushings and the radius rod bushing and that should cover everything.

You might want to add in CV joints,brake pads+rotors, and maybe replace your tierods too.

wp

Yeah, my front rotors are warped so i'm planning on doing those too. I've just never done anything brake/suspension related before so i'm just hoping I don't start getting things apart and then can't get them together again.

Oldblueaccord
03-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Just do one side at a time so you don't forget where everything goes.

wp

LX-incredible
03-10-2009, 07:56 PM
http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hondasusp003ea9.jpg
try this
just been to suss a price and they work out at close to $22nz per side plus shipping, maybe less
how duz that sound? thats$11US plus shipping guys.cheap at twice the price
oh, can also get b20a headgaskets for bout$35US

Sounds good. I wonder how they hold up compared to the bronze/rubber stock bushings. Do you still keep all the seals and cupped washers? It'd be nice to eliminate that crap, especially if you're using an adjustable camber kit.

Hauntd ca3
03-11-2009, 12:13 PM
i kept the cup washers just to keep the crap outta the bush.
i reused pretty much evry thing bar the rubber bushes
pushed the original crush tube out since you need that to go through the urethane bushes
whacked out the rubber bush from the arm,cleaned the arm up,greased the urethane bushes up and put them in,pushed in the crush tube and stuck it all back together
made sure i lubed the crap outta everything and she's all good
no worries, 1/2 hour per side go to whoa
only done mine a few months ago and havnt deriven the car with them in so cant comment on the diff

Tommy AC89 Thailand
03-11-2009, 05:59 PM
A lot of suspension 3 Gee stuff for sale in Thailand
http://rcw.ms/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1255986&stc=1&d=1236392745

snoopyloopy
03-26-2009, 10:33 PM

i see rear konis?!?!
how much?
:deal:

Tdurr
03-27-2009, 11:19 PM
i see rear konis?!?!
how much?
:deal:

i kno right!? we need to do a massive group buy from him. Maybe get like 10 members with money on hand for things, to paypal him, then he ships the stuff to one guy and then he ships it out to who ever paid... I'm sure i could find a shop that would let me ship it to them under business instead of residential so it would be cheaper...

MessyHonda
03-28-2009, 04:43 PM
konis...grab em

frantik
03-28-2009, 06:37 PM
i'll trade my first born for those konis

Civic Accord Honda
03-28-2009, 10:48 PM

:bow::bow::jaw::jaw::bs::naughty::naughty::squint:

Tomisimo
03-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Hauntd ca3, how can I order those UCA busshings from you? and how much do they cost over there?

Hauntd ca3
03-07-2010, 08:43 PM
righto guys.
after another look through this thread i see there are a few that would like urethane uca bushes.
i done some for hammer3rd a wee while ago and they worked out at bout USD$35 per side shipped or there abouts.
pm me if anyone is keen

nswst8
03-07-2010, 09:09 PM

I'd be interested in a group order from you.

nswst8
03-07-2010, 09:13 PM
After using some KYB bushing. I would not use anything except OEM honda bushings or switch to urethane. I used the prelube energy suspension has and it works great.

The only ones I did use were the strut rod bushings. Then I eventually replaced them with urethane as well.