PDA

View Full Version : Need Help bad..

86ccord
03-06-2009, 05:11 PM
alright.. so i have tried two different spring compression tools and have been fooling with this stupid car for 5 hrs and havent gotten anywheres..

alright.. i have the two piece compressor that you tighten down.. you can only use one side of it due to the other side not fitting and it only compresses one side of the spring which causes the other side ( with out the tool on it ) to not compress...

so i need you guys help what tools do you guys use.. i need a write up or somthing on how to get these damn things out..

itzdave
03-06-2009, 05:32 PM
i actually dont use anything, cuz my springs are THAT small...

86ccord
03-06-2009, 05:35 PM
i actually dont use anything, cuz my springs are THAT small...

stock springs? how did you get those off..?

Strugglebucket
03-06-2009, 05:41 PM
I put my foot on it and let the shock fly across the garage. Not recommended...

Lowering springs you should be able to put together without a compressor.

86ccord
03-06-2009, 06:03 PM
I put my foot on it and let the shock fly across the garage. Not recommended...

Lowering springs you should be able to put together without a compressor.

how did you manage to put your foot on it while its still on the car..?

im talking about the front springs btw.. what did you guys take off or unbolt to get the spring to compress right.. what tools did you guys use or what.. ? LOL

itzdave
03-06-2009, 06:49 PM
yea when i took the stock springs off, i just stuck the whole thing in a big vice and let it fly! then to put on my shorter lowering springs, they didnt need the tool.

Strugglebucket
03-06-2009, 06:57 PM
You have to remove the whole spring and shock assembly before you can properly compress it/or try to kill yourself.

Remove the pinch fork, unbolt the brake line bracket, unbolt the top hat and drop it out.

86ccord
03-06-2009, 07:04 PM
i did all that and shit still didnt come out.. ha.. but i got my cousin coming over to give me the tool he used on his civic so everything should go fine tomorrow.. i hope..

Strugglebucket
03-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Did you try using a big rubber mallet to smack the tophat studs?

86ccord
03-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Did you try using a big rubber mallet to smack the tophat studs?

im pretty sure we tried everything.. i just need to get the spring compressed so i can just slide the whole strut and spring out..

ghettogeddy
03-06-2009, 08:22 PM
ummm somehting isent right lol

3 12mm top bolts
2 12mm brake line bolts
1 14 mm pinch fork (upper)
1 17 mm pinch fork lower

get the strut out
take an old towel and cut a hole in the middle the size of the strut bolt
put a foot on the strut and have some oen lossen the strut bolt it will pop a lil but shouldn't hurt anyone

86ccord
03-07-2009, 07:45 AM
im sick of this.. i got the right tools now its just when i compress the spring i dont have enough clearance to slide the strut and the spring out..

Pico
03-07-2009, 08:03 AM
I removed the stock spring the same way struggle did, I've done it that way on all the cars that the guys have brought up here to lower.
Make sure you have the car raised high enough, turn the wheel to one side and ease it out to the right or left.
make sure everything that geddy listed is unbolted. you have to play with it a little to get it out but not much effort is needed.
Are you compressing the spring while its still on the car? you shouldnt be.

ghettogeddy
03-07-2009, 08:06 AM
I removed the stock spring the same way struggle did, I've done it that way on all the cars that the guys have brought up here to lower.
Make sure you have the car raised high enough, turn the wheel to one side and ease it out to the right or left.
make sure everything that geddy listed is unbolted. you have to play with it a little to get it out but not much effort is needed.
Are you compressing the spring while its still on the car? you shouldnt be.

ya he is

take some pics of how it is so we can tell you what else needs to come off

86ccord
03-07-2009, 08:09 AM
alright then.. ill post em up in min

86ccord
03-07-2009, 08:47 AM
good news we figured it out and now we feel stupid.. :D

Pico
03-07-2009, 08:51 AM
good news we figured it out and now we feel stupid.. :D

what was the problem?

86ccord
03-07-2009, 10:18 AM
there was a bolt hidden behind everything that we didnt see.. :(

86ccord
03-07-2009, 11:29 AM
alright NEED HELP AGAIN!!!

wow.. i cannont win with this car.. alright the bold that you have to slide out while doing the back end suspention on the car, the bolt has rusted to the bushing and now we cannon get it off.. sooo.. anyone have any ideas on how to get it off?

Joay
03-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Edit: nevermind I'm high...

Hose it down with PB Blaster, beat it with a hammer, do that a couple times, go at it with an impact gun or get a friend who works out to attack it with a breaker bar. If all else fails torch it off.

86ccord
03-07-2009, 08:46 PM
i got it.. i just cut the shit off.. and then soaked it with PB and slid it out got a new bolt and was ready to go..

Pico
03-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Pics......pics......pics.......:D

86ccord
03-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Pics......pics......pics.......:D

Check my thread tomorrow.. :D