PDA

View Full Version : squeaky steering wheel

mephi
03-06-2009, 05:29 PM
I had to changed out the light/turn signal switch on my DX. I replaced it with one from an LXi, and now the damn thing squeaks. I'm pretty sure I have it on correctly, but no matter how many times I take the damn thing off and put it back on, I can't get it to stop squeaking unless I loosen it way up, and then the wheel wobbles.

ghettogeddy
03-06-2009, 05:44 PM
grease it

cubert
03-06-2009, 05:52 PM
grease it

luuuuuuuuuuube :lol:

ghettogeddy
03-06-2009, 05:55 PM
mine squeaks i just turn the radio up

Dr_Snooz
03-06-2009, 09:17 PM
mine squeaks i just turn the radio up

Hell yeah!!!!
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

lostforawhile
03-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I had to changed out the light/turn signal switch on my DX. I replaced it with one from an LXi, and now the damn thing squeaks. I'm pretty sure I have it on correctly, but no matter how many times I take the damn thing off and put it back on, I can't get it to stop squeaking unless I loosen it way up, and then the wheel wobbles.
you had to change the plastic suround correct? the lxi switch is just a little different, it moves the shroud around it forward and the plastic on the back of the wheel rubs against it. see where it's rubbing and grind a little plastic on the back of the wheel off. i went through this with the hatch, i had to install a 89 lxi combo switch in my dx, they are a lot different, so i had to do a lot of mods to it. the metal bracket welded on the lxi coloum is actually more towards the driver,then the one on the dx,

mephi
03-07-2009, 06:23 AM
Guess I'm just going to have to take off material until it fits right then.

Tomisimo
03-07-2009, 04:55 PM
yes, in mechanical terms we call it"Convincing" it to not to squeak :D ^^

MessyHonda
03-08-2009, 03:05 PM
on my uncles lx it would make noise....sounds like you got to get the sand belt

2oodoor
03-08-2009, 04:16 PM
my LX does the same thing but only when the ambient temp is over 81 degrees F.
observatoin skills at work.. lol
Seems like it may need a nylon washer or something, not sure , it has to be something plastic that is too close to something.