PDA

View Full Version : Digital dash board can be use with H22A engine or not?

Tommy AC89 Thailand
03-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Digital dash board can be use with H22A engine or not?

AccordB20A
03-06-2009, 11:10 PM
does the h22 gearbox have a speedo cable, if not you may need to install one unless you want to disect the digital dash
fuel usage counter will fail and calculate your fuel wrong/ not at all

AccordB20A
03-06-2009, 11:10 PM
have you found one??

A18A
03-06-2009, 11:25 PM
do h22s have a electrical VSS? if so can they be wired straight to the gauges so you wont need a speedo cable?

AccordB20A
03-07-2009, 12:08 AM
HAHAHA yim editing my post above....

Tommy AC89 Thailand
03-07-2009, 12:33 AM
็็H22A gearbox does not have a speedo cable.
I don't know about H22A have a electrical VSS?
So,it can't use at all right?

AccordB20A
03-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Unless you can make a accord speedo drive fit in the h22a gearbox

carotman
03-07-2009, 08:59 AM
You can install a speedometer wire in the H22A gearbox.

bobafett
03-07-2009, 09:43 AM
hell I even installed a vss wire in an 3g accord transmission! lmao

Tomisimo
03-07-2009, 09:46 AM
how^^^

bobafett
03-07-2009, 10:06 AM
1. Acquire a 4g speedometer sensor from junkyard.
2. Gut your stock 3g speedo sensor, AND the 4g speedo sensor

Parts to keep:
- lower assembly from the 3g speedo sensor
- cap/lid thing and sensor from 4g speedo
- speedo gear shaft from 3g
- make sure when you disassemble the 4g setup you keep the small key that interfaces between the shaft and the sensor, you will be resusing this.

3. place shaft in the lower assembly
4. grind one edge of the small key away so it will fit in the slot at the top of the 3g shaft
5. shim the base of that shaft where the pin will rest, to allow it to get 'tall enough' and properly interface with the sensor
6. bolt the bottom assembly and the top cover together, the shaft with the square key should be sticking out.
7. install sensor, verify by spinning the gear shaft that the key is actually spinning the sensor (i did a 1/4 turn so it is easy to tell if the orientation changed)
8. if sensor is being turned by the square key, you are almost done.

Disclaimer - i have previously removed all my power steering hardware and lines.

9. you will notice that the 3g bottom and 4g top bolt together fine, but if you kept the planetary gears inside the speedo sesnor, it would be flinging fluid through two open holes in the top plate. I took a tap and tapped them out, and installed set screws with loc-tite to prevent any fluid from leaking out these holes. i also DID NOT use any of the gears inside the speedo sensor, so i would hope that not much fluid will even get up to this point, but i didn't want to take any chances.
10. i also capped the lines that came from the power steering system, so the two posts on the top of the 4g part of the assembly were also capped off.
11. wiring is simple, +12v to one wire, ground the other, and the remaining wire is sensor output. cannot recall wire colors, i think they were yellow/blue/black, so that is pretty self explanatory. also lots of civics have orange signal wires, but i think the 4g signal wire was blue in my case.

if you want to retain power steering and still use VSS you may be out of luck without getting more creative than me. in my case i am using a programmable autometer speedometer and i didn't want power steering, so it is just fine for me.

as for a 4g vss being useful for somebody else, I don't know what that application might be.

If I take my car apart again I can take pictures of this monstrosity. but honestly it is pretty simple, and will allow me to have gear based boost control once I get my boost controller installed, and will allow me to have a valet speed limiter so i can limit vehicle speed to X mph for water box burnouts etc... or when 'somebody else' drives my car haha

if you have any questions lmk, i wrote this without rereading what i wrote so it may not make any sense at all :D

Tomisimo
03-07-2009, 10:28 AM
It do make sense lol.. I have stored on my computer this info, I sawe those in my How To folder.. Anyhow, do You know what you did? you uncovered Holly grail for ..... Well, I need to do this first and then I show what the holly grail is all about.. But I will have some questions later on while doing this mood ;)

Okei -Bobafett Thank you

bobafett
03-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Cool, I'm glad my crazy idea might actually help somebody else. Let me know when you have more to report on your project, or have some questions...

AccordB20A
03-07-2009, 12:05 PM
had a feeling it would work.

Tommy AC89 Thailand
03-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Thank a lot man
But, it's so difficult...for me!

Civic Accord Honda
03-07-2009, 07:11 PM

Parts to keep:
- make sure when you disassemble the 4g setup you keep the small key that interfaces between the shaft and the sensor, you will be resusing this.

4. grind one edge of the small key away so it will fit in the slot at the top of the 3g shaft
5. shim the base of that shaft where the pin will rest, to allow it to get 'tall enough' and properly interface with the sensor
6. bolt the bottom assembly and the top cover together, the shaft with the square key should be sticking out.
7. install sensor, verify by spinning the gear shaft that the key is actually spinning the sensor (i did a 1/4 turn so it is easy to tell if the orientation changed)

Disclaimer - i have previously removed all my power steering hardware and lines.

9. you will notice that the 3g bottom and 4g top bolt together fine, but if you kept the planetary gears inside the speedo sesnor, it would be flinging fluid through two open holes in the top plate. I took a tap and tapped them out, and installed set screws with loc-tite to prevent any fluid from leaking out these holes. i also DID NOT use any of the gears inside the speedo sensor, so i would hope that not much fluid will even get up to this point, but i didn't want to take any chances.
10. i also capped the lines that came from the power steering system, so the two posts on the top of the 4g part of the assembly were also capped off.
11. wiring is simple, +12v to one wire, ground the other, and the remaining wire is sensor output. cannot recall wire colors, i think they were yellow/blue/black, so that is pretty self explanatory. also lots of civics have orange signal wires, but i think the 4g signal wire was blue in my case.

if you want to retain power steering and still use VSS you may be out of luck without getting more creative than me. in my case i am using a programmable autometer speedometer and i didn't want power steering, so it is just fine for me.

as for a 4g vss being useful for somebody else, I don't know what that application might be.

If I take my car apart again I can take pictures of this monstrosity. but honestly it is pretty simple, and will allow me to have gear based boost control once I get my boost controller installed, and will allow me to have a valet speed limiter so i can limit vehicle speed to X mph for water box burnouts etc... or when 'somebody else' drives my car haha

if you have any questions lmk, i wrote this without rereading what i wrote so it may not make any sense at all :D
holy shit thats alot of work just to get get an electric vss... all i have to do on the civic is swap one from a 92+ civic :lol:

bobafett
03-07-2009, 09:03 PM
go figure.... good thing you own a civic then... ;-)

86ccord
03-07-2009, 09:14 PM
go figure.... good thing you own a civic then... ;-)

owned...:beat:

AccordB20A
03-07-2009, 10:07 PM
i knew civics were for lazy people!!! i would rather mod the speed sensor, i love modifying stuff and having hybrid parts :)

Tomisimo
03-08-2009, 08:06 AM
ouh yea, 3Gee culture is custom ;)

MessyHonda
03-08-2009, 03:30 PM

Parts to keep:

sounds like something i might be doing....when i install my b20