PDA

View Full Version : we Need a Project Forum

Tomisimo
03-07-2009, 06:25 PM
I think it would be nice to have a project section on our forum, where we can make thread of our cars like My 86EXi or my 89 Coup and so on, because sometimes its to much to cover, opening different threads, like I have that nice thread where I beat of with Cancer Surgery and finish with body filler and dent removal, its great, it stands in Appearance forun, but now I'm going to the suspension, but I want to keep my old thread to continue on..

what you guys think?

Pico
03-07-2009, 06:39 PM
I think it would be nice to have a project section on our forum, where we can make thread of our cars like My 86EXi or my 89 Coup and so on, because sometimes its to much to cover, opening different threads, like I have that nice thread where I beat of with Cancer Surgery and finish with body filler and dent removal, its great, it stands in Appearance forun, but now I'm going to the suspension, but I want to keep my old thread to continue on..

what you guys think?
sounds like a good idea.
So we would have to add another thread heading titled projects

A18A
03-07-2009, 06:40 PM
yeah would be a good idea, then all of us with our project threads could get them moved there

Civic Accord Honda
03-07-2009, 07:14 PM
yes . update threads / members ride threads / project threads are win

86ccord
03-07-2009, 09:02 PM
i think its a go too.. cause there are some ppl that have hella long build threads and they just clog up everything else.. :D

lostforawhile
03-07-2009, 09:25 PM
great idea

Nafs Asdf
03-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah, cause now the project/update threads are a bit scattered over different sections.
Also, I don't know if it's possible but it would be nice to be able to edit the titles of your own threads to reflect what you're currently doing. So you could have your "Insertnamehere's Project - Bodywork" for example and when you're doing say suspension you can change it to "Insertnamehere's Project - Suspension"

AccordB20A
03-08-2009, 12:11 AM
update threads are usually in accord pics and videos as they are mostly pics, but i reckon they should create a new "Build Threads" Forum and we can have out cars in there, that way we wont have to sort thru and theres more chance of people finding your 100 year old thread on page 400

Nafs Asdf
03-08-2009, 12:31 AM
update threads are usually in accord pics and videos as they are mostly pics, but i reckon they should create a new "Build Threads" Forum and we can have out cars in there, that way we wont have to sort thru and theres more chance of people finding your 100 year old thread on page 400

There's a few running around in general and some other places too if I'm not mistaken...

Vanilla Sky
03-08-2009, 07:26 AM
I don't see why the pics section could have all of the build threads. There's also the Garage, if it's still around.

Tomisimo
03-08-2009, 07:55 AM
yea, but in garage you can only post 6 picks, thats all.

carotman
03-08-2009, 08:08 AM
I also think it's a great Idea. The Garage is nice but you can't really post messages that will show the real work in progress. The pictures section is nice but it would be better to just group the projects in one place.

We'll see what the others have to say about this.

Vanilla Sky
03-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I like the idea, but I think we already have an outlet for build threads that works.

cubert
03-08-2009, 09:17 PM
I like the idea, but I think we already have an outlet for build threads that works.

I agree

thegreatdane
03-09-2009, 05:09 AM
A build forum has my vote!

Rendon LX-i
03-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Very good idea. Sounds good. a gor for me

87accordlxi
03-09-2009, 08:03 AM
We're not creating another forum. The Garage was created for this very purpose - so everyone can organize all of their info about their car in one organized place.

I'm willing to double the amount of space available, and I'll work with the Foundation Members to figure out some other options that are available to increase the number of pictures that can be posted. It will be at least 12.

Tomisimo
03-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Yes, but Director, 12 photos is like nothing compared to what we normally post, like 100 photos at 10 posts. and people cant ask questions if they like what they see and wonder how its done. Chear ups is very good motivating drive and need to shaw the way to newcomers..
Well We cud have had an Subforum..

87accordlxi
03-09-2009, 08:19 AM
I understand the differences and I'm working on the Garage limitations, but what you're suggesting is still very close to what we already offer as a paid service. In any case, there are forums where this type of content would be acceptable - Any of the Performance forums & subforums (if it's an engine build) and Accord Pics.

Tomisimo
03-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Why dont just make Project Forum a Foundation member only? all kan post, but only foundation members can open a thread there..
I see the point withe garage and all, its cool, there I can post my nicest picks and full info on moods and such, but than again you hit a wall, some of us like to se the progress of those moods. and in any case, Garage may store info for AOM when nominated..
Its great to be able to post in sub forums, but usually project cover many different topics. Engine, susp, appearance, brakes, interior and so on and on, you cant expect me to post suspension update in engine forum,.. Anyway you decide...

Nafs Asdf
03-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Why dont just make Project Forum a Foundation member only? all kan post, but only foundation members can open a thread there..

This I like, because the garage just doesn't do what usual build threads do.

AccordB20A
03-09-2009, 03:07 PM
with the garage it doesnt show when its updated and no one sees, I allwaysd find myself commenting on how cool my own car is in there like matt does.

I posted heaps of images in my garage by using the [IMG ] tags in the post lol

Tomisimo
03-30-2009, 08:33 AM
So there will not be any Project Forum? to bad, because it would be cool and clean..

conozo
03-30-2009, 09:11 AM
I also like the idea of a project forum just for foundation members. It would be another reason to entice people to donate instead of just the fact that they felt they owed something to 3geez which is most of us.

87roach
03-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Booyah, lets get a project forum for the foundation! :D

87accordlxi
09-08-2009, 07:04 AM
I see the point withe garage and all, its cool, there I can post my nicest picks and full info on moods and such, but than again you hit a wall, some of us like to se the progress of those moods. and in any case, Garage may store info for AOM when nominated..
Its great to be able to post in sub forums, but usually project cover many different topics. Engine, susp, appearance, brakes, interior and so on and on, you cant expect me to post suspension update in engine forum,.. Anyway you decide...

I'd be open to this. The Project forum can be set up the same way as the Foundation Forum except regular members can view and reply to threads.

There may be some miscellaneous forum consolidation going on in the near future, so even if I add a Project forum the net effect will still be fewer forums around here.

I'd like to hear more feedback on this as well.

Tomisimo
09-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Yaay :D
Can we foundation members move our threads to this new section? from Accord Pics and vids section?

Nafs Asdf
09-08-2009, 10:09 AM
woot :D

Tomisimo
09-08-2009, 10:14 AM
We still have those sub forums where everyone can open a thread if they have something useful to show us or have some questions, even me. I mean that Project forum want effect other forums as in projegt you run to different aspects of trouble and ask in Sub forums about it, so others ca learn from it later on. Besides Not everyone will have a or have a project.

87accordlxi
09-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah I think I can do that

Yaay :D
Can we foundation members move our threads to this new section? from Accord Pics and vids section?

Bass Man
09-08-2009, 04:30 PM
On all the other forums I am on, there is a "build thread" for projects.

AccordB20A
09-08-2009, 09:31 PM
so only foundation members can create build threads in the section? sounds good to me as long as everyone can read and post in it..??

charliekuney
09-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Is there tax on the Foundation membership? ;) I need to set aside some money...

AccordB20A
09-17-2009, 11:48 PM
any updates on this?