PDA

View Full Version : New pistons

EricW
03-08-2009, 08:54 AM
My new pistons for my built motor arrived a few days ago. I originally had them pretty much all out, but decided it was not financially responsible for me to spend that much money on them anymore since i will be getting married in a few months so i decided to cut back some of the amenities like the coatings and the race aluminum. The original cost was $990 but after removing the coatings and changing the aluminum and Eric(at diamond pistons) giving me a discount for the time it took to get the pistons spec'ed out. The price came down to $660 (don't remember exactly). So when I received the pistons and opened the box i was quite surprised to see that the pistons where coated. So if any of you need custom pistons i would recommend Diamond to be the 1st company you go to.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/ericrw165/Motor%20rebuild%201/th_Photo03051317.jpg (http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/ericrw165/Motor%20rebuild%201/?action=view&current=Photo03051317.jpg)
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/ericrw165/Motor%20rebuild%201/th_Photo03051317_1.jpg (http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/ericrw165/Motor%20rebuild%201/?action=view&current=Photo03051317_1.jpg)

Tdurr
03-08-2009, 09:09 AM
nice! when are you going to be putting them in?

EricW
03-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Have to have the final bore and hone done to the block 1st. Not to sure on the time line of getting it built.

Tdurr
03-08-2009, 09:18 AM
that sucks, is ur car still running or did one on ur rings let go(can remember), and wut are you gonna bore it out to?
edit: went through ur pics and saw the block pulled apart lol! so dont worry bout telling me if the car is running

EricW
03-08-2009, 09:26 AM
The car could be running but I took it down to build the spare motor. It's getting bored out 30 over to 3.285".

Tdurr
03-08-2009, 09:33 AM
nice. Good luck man! ur one of the few cars on here i wish i had lol wut hp #'s you shooting for?

MessyHonda
03-08-2009, 10:54 AM
nice stuff...what comp ratio are you going to be running? hope you use h beams on thoes bad boys

bobafett
03-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Cool to see your pistons. And another vouch for Eric (at diamond racing) and the other guys at diamond, they hooked me up as well. :D

Anybody ordering pistons can use my order or Eric's order as a reference too. :D They save all their custom piston jobs to refer to later.

Vanilla Sky
03-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Looking at those pistons, I know that I'm not going to go anywhere else for a custom job when I'm ready to rebuild.

AccordB20A
03-08-2009, 12:29 PM
sweet deal on the pricing

EricW
03-08-2009, 09:53 PM
nice. Good luck man! ur one of the few cars on here i wish i had lol wut hp #'s you shooting for?

Some where in the 400+ range. The pistons and turbo can handle more than that though.

nice stuff...what comp ratio are you going to be running? hope you use h beams on thoes bad boys

comp. ratio was 9.3:1 and i'm running eagle h beams.

Rendon LX-i
03-08-2009, 10:21 PM
NICE!!!! Im getting a set of those for my next build. Cant wait for the results

Civic Accord Honda
03-09-2009, 12:45 AM
Baller!1!1!

markmdz89hatch
03-09-2009, 11:18 AM
so what the hell is that? 83.5mm bore?

and a 9.3:1 on boost? can you say power? Holy shyte.

...hmmm... I wonder what comp they could get me up to on stock bore (82.75 I think) without a valve impression so I don't have to worry about touch-down.

what size wrist pins did you go with? ...and could I assume those are B rods?

EricW
03-11-2009, 05:25 AM
so what the hell is that? 83.5mm bore?

and a 9.3:1 on boost? can you say power? Holy shyte.

...hmmm... I wonder what comp they could get me up to on stock bore (82.75 I think) without a valve impression so I don't have to worry about touch-down.

what size wrist pins did you go with? ...and could I assume those are B rods?

The bore works out to be 83.43mm. 9.3:1 comp and the wrist pins are 21mm to fit the b-series rods. I'll post more specs later when i get time.

markmdz89hatch
03-11-2009, 05:44 AM
so just out of curiosity, how much did the machine shop ding you to get bore out the block? I'm debating it, but in the end, it's going to come down to how much it's going to hurt my pocket. ...especially seeing as my cylinder walls are damn near perfect on all 3 blocks I have to use for this build.

With that compression, and larger bore, on top of boost, that thing will scream. I def want to hear this damn thing going. Hell, it might just be worth a trip down to FL to see this once you're done.

carotman
03-11-2009, 10:28 AM
You'll need a good headgasket to go with this setup!

markmdz89hatch
03-11-2009, 10:45 AM
OEM Honda headgasket.

I only say that because Johnny-O (the turbo drag hatch) tried every damn gasket under the sun, including the Cometic, and ended up blowing every one of them, except for the good-ol Honda OEM

Tdurr
03-11-2009, 01:26 PM
^^ well fuck. im getting a honda gasket soon...
btw, do u think ull have the build done in time to take ur car to Import Alliance? :D

89T
03-11-2009, 02:56 PM
nice Eric! this is kick ass, are you going with the new bisi cam and springs?
i want to run the turbo race cam but fuck i like driving mine on the street too.

i hope you would not mind me asking for you to start a new build thread.
New motor new thread ????
throw down specs as you build????
problems and how you are overcoming them...
kinda like a journal and hopefully get one of the mods to moderate some of the replies that don't pertain or is technically not needed.
i don't know if you are down with it but it was a thought.

Tdurr
03-11-2009, 05:26 PM
^^ good idea. and im getting the bisi springs :) hehe. simi built head ftw!

Rendon LX-i
03-11-2009, 05:50 PM
FTW HONDA OEM HEAD GASKET lol...still got mine on holding up good. I need to rebuild the head thou. bisi here i come.

EricW
03-12-2009, 09:56 AM
so just out of curiosity, how much did the machine shop ding you to get bore out the block? I'm debating it, but in the end, it's going to come down to how much it's going to hurt my pocket. ...especially seeing as my cylinder walls are damn near perfect on all 3 blocks I have to use for this build.

With that compression, and larger bore, on top of boost, that thing will scream. I def want to hear this damn thing going. Hell, it might just be worth a trip down to FL to see this once you're done.

I haven't finished with the machine shop yet but to bore/hone, check the deck and clean the block he said it would be like $150. I have to run by there today to let him see the pistons to finish the block.

nice Eric! this is kick ass, are you going with the new bisi cam and springs?
i want to run the turbo race cam but fuck i like driving mine on the street too.

i hope you would not mind me asking for you to start a new build thread.
New motor new thread ????
throw down specs as you build????
problems and how you are overcoming them...
kinda like a journal and hopefully get one of the mods to moderate some of the replies that don't pertain or is technically not needed.
i don't know if you are down with it but it was a thought.

I'm definately goning to get the valve train stuff from bisi. For the cam right now I'm going with the one that i bought from johnnyO that he took out of his race motor. I also have a gude cam that i may use, It really depends on the power i make from each of them. I will try to start a thread sometime but I don't get alot of spare time to sit in front of the computer anymore.

guaynabo89
03-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Baller Baller

lol

When I saw the pictures of the piston with coatings thats the first thing that came to mind. jaja

Then I read the paragraph , so that was a nice surprise.

You and I gots to talk more Eric. Congrats on the wedding. Get with me about the cam/springs from bisi cause maybe we could do a small run since you and I are looking at around the same goals. Heck if bobba gets in on the action well have a mini group buy. :D

EricW
03-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Baller Baller

lol

When I saw the pictures of the piston with coatings thats the first thing that came to mind. jaja

Then I read the paragraph , so that was a nice surprise.

You and I gots to talk more Eric. Congrats on the wedding. Get with me about the cam/springs from bisi cause maybe we could do a small run since you and I are looking at around the same goals. Heck if bobba gets in on the action well have a mini group buy. :D

Thanks, it may be several months before i get around to doing the head, i've got to build the block first. I still have to mic everything on the bottom end and order bearings.

Tdurr
03-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Taking your time to do this right i see. but u should get it on the road soon.. i would love to see it in person(yes i will drive to fl to see it lol)