PDA

View Full Version : how to fight front bumper sag?

MessyHonda
03-08-2009, 11:19 AM
well one day i was driving to a parkinglot and it was too low so i hit the front bumper on it and now it looks like it sags alot more than it did so i need what do i have to replace...i tried looking online for the bushings but i could not find them.

Pico
03-08-2009, 11:22 AM
you may be able to add some sort of shim/washer to help support the rubber mounts on the bumper

AccordB20A
03-08-2009, 12:33 PM
the bumper sag i usually get is at the front, and i found out that its caused by not putting those annoying bolts in underneath that bold to the front crossmember lol

A18A
03-08-2009, 01:06 PM
i would like me a usdm bumper, the plastic part anyway. jdm bumpers are warpage galore :(

Rendon LX-i
03-08-2009, 04:08 PM
i have sag on the right front. its wierd. Im going to have to add shims like you guys said

Civic Accord Honda
03-11-2009, 03:31 PM
i just jack the car up set something under the bumper support(like 5 inchs lower then the car is jacked up) like a couple bricks or a jack stand and then drop the jack down fast and it bends the support up wards and fixs the gay sag

86ccord
03-11-2009, 04:22 PM
i just jack the car up set something under the bumper support(like 5 inchs lower then the car is jacked up) like a couple bricks or a jack stand and then drop the jack down fast and it bends the support up wards and fixs the gay sag

oh ok.. what about those who are too low and cant use a jack?? HUH? LOL

( Note to self.. buy a special jack.. :D )

lostforawhile
03-11-2009, 04:55 PM
it's not the bumper thats sagging and dropping the car on the bumper is not a solution, unless you are into things like sticking drywall screws through the bumper ends to hold it up. the problem is the rubber pieces inside of the square bumper mounts. what you need to do is take a mount to the hardware store, find a large steel washer you can fit into the top and bottom of the rubber mount part where the bolt goes through it,works like a charm and makes the mounts almost solid.

Civic Accord Honda
03-11-2009, 07:01 PM
oh ok.. what about those who are too low and cant use a jack?? HUH? LOL

( Note to self.. buy a special jack.. :D )
you jack it up with a scissor jack until u can fit a regular one under :thumbup: losts idea sounds better though lol

Tdurr
03-11-2009, 08:05 PM
jack it up using the front tow hook in the middle.
or, keep a block of wood in ur car so u can roll it onto there and get a normal jack under(i have 2 blocks in my car lol)

lostforawhile
03-11-2009, 08:06 PM
it's very easy to remove those bumper brackets from the car and fix them the correct way.

Pico
03-11-2009, 09:29 PM
you may be able to add some sort of shim/washer to help support the rubber mounts on the bumper

the problem is the rubber pieces inside of the square bumper mounts. what you need to do is take a mount to the hardware store, find a large steel washer you can fit into the top and bottom of the rubber mount part where the bolt goes through it,works like a charm and makes the mounts almost solid.

Thats what I told him to do in a indirect way.

88LXi68
03-14-2009, 02:10 PM
2 of #17
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=1988&catcgry3=2DR+LXI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=BUMPER