PDA

View Full Version : Getting my new exhaust.

Josh89accord
03-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Hey guys,
I'm getting my new exhaust put on friday. I'm going with 2 1/4 inch piping, and a cherry bomb muffler, with a nice tip. Having it all welded up for 150 bucks. How much do you guys think this will improve, performance wise?

Tdurr
03-09-2009, 06:38 PM
prob like 5-8whp, maybe 10tq. lulz. wut other mods u got?

MessyHonda
03-09-2009, 06:43 PM
my car only did like 107whp when i had a intake, adjustable cam gear, coil and high flow cat and muffler 2.25 inch.....i noticed i had better top end but it was way louder

Josh89accord
03-09-2009, 06:54 PM
prob like 5-8whp, maybe 10tq. lulz. wut other mods u got?

Hmm, not horribly bad. Right now, its all stock engine wise. I'm looking at getting some performance upgrades ASAP tho. Next, i'm going to take the spare head I have up to the local machine/ Drag shop and see what they can do.

my car only did like 107whp when i had a intake, adjustable cam gear, coil and high flow cat and muffler 2.25 inch.....i noticed i had better top end but it was way louder
Thats not bad. Also, you guys know what the timing is suppost to be set in as far as the crank timing and then the ignition timing?

Pico
03-09-2009, 06:56 PM
I had my exhaust done when I first got the car and no mods done to the engine.
It seemed to be a little more responsive after it was done

3gmodifier
03-09-2009, 07:07 PM
well the timing is supposed to be 15 degrees tdc +/- 2 degress for the ignition timing. for the crank timing, bring the #1 cylinder to the highest point in it's travel, (TDC). there should be a mark that matches an arrow on the block at the lower cam belt sprocket. if the cylinder is at it's highest point and the mark is off, (MOST LIKLEY 180 DEGREES OFF) the you are in the exhaust stoke on that cylider. turn until everything mentioned lines/matches up. at that point, put the timing belt on CARFULLY, making sure that when you tighten it you dont turn tha crank, or that the cam doesnt move. make sure everythig is tight and fire her up. then if all of that is done, or ok to begin with, get a timing light and check your ignition timing. ihope this helps. if you have any questions let me know.

rjudgey
03-10-2009, 03:59 AM
Depends how well made the exhaust is and how neat the welds are, i had a downpipe made and system 2" with Borla back box mandrel bends professionally made by racing expert made 10bhp more and 17.5 lbft more torque and that was from an A18 all i did was rejet the carbs a tiny bit and modify the intake box engine was stock and had 30k miles on it at the time. The header was a 4-2 cast type which was ported and flowed as well which maybe helped a little bit over a stock one, if you have the 4-1 type you need to get rid off quick sharp!

Josh89accord
03-11-2009, 08:12 PM
The exhaust is going to be welded on by the best guy in town, he has been in the exhaust buisness for close to thirty years I'm sure. My dads truck has been welded up by him, and also my bros. He knows what hes doing. and 150 with muffler, all the piping, and whatever tip I want welded. Not bad...

rjudgey
03-13-2009, 06:11 AM
Cool lets he gets you lots of power then! My A18 at the time made 115bhp with 127.5lbft with stock Honda carbs that had a slight main jet increase and the fuel pressure raised 1psi. AFR was spot on for performance and the exhaust added.

Civic Accord Honda
03-13-2009, 06:27 AM
The exhaust is going to be welded on by the best guy in town, he has been in the exhaust buisness for close to thirty years I'm sure. My dads truck has been welded up by him, and also my bros. He knows what hes doing. and 150 with muffler, all the piping, and whatever tip I want welded. Not bad...
thats hella cheap bro, they want 350 up here and thats if i bring my muffler...

stat1K
03-13-2009, 10:05 AM
thats hella cheap bro, they want 350 up here and thats if i bring my muffler...

that's a rip off cah don't do it... should cost more than 150... i know of some places down here that do it for around 80 bucks... the piping is crush bent which isn't great but it's definitely cheap as shit to get done... for 350 you can buy a dc sports pre made catback for your car.

MessyHonda
03-14-2009, 12:26 AM
the guy who did mine just streached out the pipe...it has no wrinkles on it....it only cost me 180 i think...i just hope mine was not as loud

Civic Accord Honda
03-14-2009, 05:32 PM
that's a rip off cah don't do it... should cost more than 150... i know of some places down here that do it for around 80 bucks... the piping is crush bent which isn't great but it's definitely cheap as shit to get done... for 350 you can buy a dc sports pre made catback for your car.
yeah dont plan on it. its 350 down in the valley for a new cat , pipeing , and turbo muffler (aka pace shitters) and its a good shop ( ive seen the work they have done) so im going to call them up and ask how much for just stright pipeing from the cat back and welding my muffler on