PDA

View Full Version : Window tinting..

86ccord
03-11-2009, 01:22 PM
ok, well in georgia the legal tint is 35% and i was wondering if anyone had their accord that dark.. so throw some pictures up.. :D

please and thank you

ghettogeddy
03-11-2009, 02:33 PM
20%
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/100_4950.jpg

5%
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/101_1463.jpg

86ccord
03-11-2009, 04:30 PM
you get a shop do it or you did it? cause the shops around here refuse to go that dark..

but looks killer tho!

ghettogeddy
03-11-2009, 04:36 PM
you get a shop do it or you did it? cause the shops around here refuse to go that dark..

but looks killer tho!

lol your shops are stupid lol

if i wanted 2x 5% id have it lol

itzdave
03-11-2009, 04:41 PM
lol... i got 2.5%. super illegal everywhere. but im bout to get new tints, prolly 30ish. i have to roll my windows down to see out of them t night.

Tommy AC89 Thailand
03-11-2009, 05:01 PM
About my window tint I use "Maga Shiled" brand from USA brown colour maybe 40% each side of windows.

86ccord
03-11-2009, 06:24 PM
lol your shops are stupid lol

if i wanted 2x 5% id have it lol

yeah i know.. i called 12 diff shops... no lie 12 and i asked them how dark can i go.. they said 35, and this one shop would do 30 but no darker.. :(

lol... i got 2.5%. super illegal everywhere. but im bout to get new tints, prolly 30ish. i have to roll my windows down to see out of them t night.

LOL i would belive so..

89T
03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
(no phone call's please) any one of those shop's will do anything you want cash in hand no receipt.

86ccord
03-11-2009, 06:33 PM
(no phone call's please) any one of those shop's will do anything you want cash in hand no receipt.

hmm what you say.. i just walk up there and be like.. " hey punk.. gimme the dark shit now.." LOL most of them want an appointment tho..

89T
03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
hmm what you say.. i just walk up there and be like.. " hey punk.. gimme the dark shit now.." LOL most of them want an appointment tho..
when i worked at a shop you had to convince them you were not a cop with out saying it. we would make appointments with out writing them down.
most of the time we did cash deals first and made cards and checks wait. lol. we'd hide cars out in the shop till they came for it. shit like that.

Tdurr
03-11-2009, 08:03 PM
^^ lulz.
but yea, go to shop wit cash in hand and be like, if I swing by here later can yall hook me up with 25% or something. btw, if u can find something around 28% get it, its the best of both worlds cops dont bother you unless ur pulled over already and ur being a dick, and u cant make out too much besides that there is/isnt a person in the car lol.

ghettogeddy
03-11-2009, 08:33 PM
theres only one shop i go to out here but every shop has 5 %

Hauntd ca3
03-12-2009, 12:18 AM
if you have factory tints you have to go with about 45% to get to 35%.
35% is as dark as you can go on front door glass and stay legal and 45% is what a tint place told me would make it right

ghettogeddy
03-12-2009, 01:29 AM
http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/

came across this when searching laws

guess my front windows are illegal (not that i didn't know that lol)
but all my back windows are 100% legal

Bones
03-12-2009, 05:23 AM
Call a local limo service ... you know them suckers all got 5% on the back half!

Ask them where they get the windows tinted.

ghettogeddy
03-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Call a local limo service ... you know them suckers all got 5% on the back half!

Ask them where they get the windows tinted.

try lower alot of times there double and triple filmed

MessyHonda
03-12-2009, 10:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/LX-i/100_0687.jpg

ghettogeddy
03-12-2009, 10:18 AM

come on you can show the other one lol

markmdz89hatch
03-12-2009, 10:58 AM
yeah, are you sure that you can't do more than 35% all the way around, or just on the front three windows (windshield and two front doors)? I know in CT and all other states I know about, you can go as dark as you want on any windows except the front 3 (or at least that's what I remember the law to be).

I have 35% on the front windows (not the windshield) and 20% on the backs, and it looks fine and I never (unless i was pulled over for something else) got any trouble from the PO-leece over the windows.

ghettogeddy
03-12-2009, 11:08 AM
yeah, are you sure that you can't do more than 35% all the way around, or just on the front three windows (windshield and two front doors)? I know in CT and all other states I know about, you can go as dark as you want on any windows except the front 3 (or at least that's what I remember the law to be).

I have 35% on the front windows (not the windshield) and 20% on the backs, and it looks fine and I never (unless i was pulled over for something else) got any trouble from the PO-leece over the windows.

says in the link i posted for ga no more then 35 % on any window and nothing on the windshield

but im sure he can geta shop to do 20 % witch is like the perfect balance

still 35 all around would not look bad

i just googled 35% tint and this is the top pic so
http://home.earthlink.net/%7Ealanida1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mazdaside.jpg

Tomisimo
03-12-2009, 11:09 AM
how 35%looks, I was gona go with 35 and 20% on the back.. 50 is to light I think, but its illegal here to do any kind of tint on front 3 windows, as long as its not factory tint. But I'm doing it anyway... the PO-leese may kiss my A$$

ghettogeddy
03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
how 35%looks, I was gona go with 35 and 20% on the back.. 50 is to light I think, but its illegal here to do any kind of tint on front 3 windows, as long as its not factory tint. But I'm doing it anyway... the PO-leese may kiss my A$$

please stay with one % lol

it really does look funny with 2 or more dif % of tint lol

markmdz89hatch
03-12-2009, 11:14 AM

i don't know. I do somewhat agree, but if you have a dark colored interior, I think you can get away with it and still have it look good.

ghettogeddy
03-12-2009, 11:21 AM
i don't know. I do somewhat agree, but if you have a dark colored interior, I think you can get away with it and still have it look good.

ya there are certain colors that can get away with it also body styles

but i will always be one % lol

MessyHonda
03-12-2009, 11:12 PM

20% in the back 35% in the front windows and 50% on the windshield

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/hondadx020Small.jpg
5% in the back and 50% in the front

MessyHonda
03-12-2009, 11:12 PM

20% in the back 35% in the front windows and 50% on the windshield

5% in the back and 50% on the front

MessyHonda
03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
5% in the back and 50% in the front

86ccord
03-13-2009, 03:40 AM
yeah tint is crazy over here.. even the back windows wont do dark tint.. LOL but ill try the cash thing.. thanks for letting me know

Tomisimo
03-13-2009, 04:55 AM

I see Ghetto.. yea it was a good point really, because It was a first Idea anyway, so 35% allround then. it will look like factory tint i suppose.
I try to find me LLumar tint, but they dont sell it to private persons..
What brand you can recommend? I want some metalized tint and scratch resistant.

thanks

ghettogeddy
03-13-2009, 06:39 AM
I see Ghetto.. yea it was a good point really, because It was a first Idea anyway, so 35% allround then. it will look like factory tint i suppose.
I try to find me LLumar tint, but they dont sell it to private persons..
What brand you can recommend? I want some metalized tint and scratch resistant.

thanks

if i remember correctly metalized is bad and thats what turns purple

all my cares i believe were 3m brand tint
as is most of everyone ive read about

oppps i was wrong lol maybe i had it backwards good thing thats the first time i ever told anyone lol

Q: Why does auto window film turn purple?

A: Inexpensive window film consists of polyester film dyed to achieve the desired color and darkness.

The purple appearance is caused when the ultraviolet rays from the sun break down the dyes in poor

quality film. Metalized film costs a little more but the metalized film process deposits aluminum, titanium

or other metals on the polyester to replace the dyes, created on extremely stable products.

markmdz89hatch
03-13-2009, 07:01 AM
another major reason why tint turns purple is when an ammonia based cleaner is used. Windex does have ammonia in it, and it's the ammonia that has a bleaching affect. Never ever ever ever ever use ammonia based window cleaner on tinted windows. As long as you do that, you'll be fine.

Many suggest using metalized films or ceramic films, both of which are quite expensive, but are said to have better UV blocking capabilities, and are said to be more durable. As ghetto said, I have used 3M films on all of my cars, and have never had any trouble with any car.

I would highly suggest bringing your car to a shop to be tinted, as it's a friggin art. The guys that do it for a living know all the tricks of the trade to keep air bubbles out, get a great trimming and just in general makes for a very high quality job. Be sure to find one that takes their time though, and removes or loosens the door panels in order to tint below the weather stripping. By not doing this, the weatherstripping on the moveable windows will eventually begin to peel the tint from the window, and will have more of a tendency to scratch. Also, (just a pet peeve of mine) make sure they trim the tint to the EDGE of the window, not a 1/4" or 1/2" away from the edge. It makes for a doofy looking border on the window, which is not visible when the window is up, but looks like ass when it's not either all the way up or all the way down. Sure, in that case you do run a greater risk of it peeling back for the same reasons I mentioned for tinting below the weather stripping on the door panel, but I'll give that up for eliminating the stupid border.

Tomisimo
03-13-2009, 08:11 AM
I understand it Mark, but to pay 1000$ to a guy to do my tinting is out of question.. I rather learn and fail few times, and still have 800$ in my pocket.
This is how much it can cost ya to do it here.. its nuts.
Herd about 3M but dynno. Llumar is said to have life time quality and 8 year scratch resistance.
Do you have any scratches in your car Mark or Ghetto? when you roll down windows and up, the cheap autozone or som like that crap have a tendency to peal off and get those nasty ugly lines that you see everytime you look out the window..

edit:
Also, (just a pet peeve of mine) make sure they trim the tint to the EDGE of the window, not a 1/4" or 1/2" away from the edge. It makes for a doofy looking border on the window, which is not visible when the window is up, but looks like ass when it's not either all the way up or all the way down. Sure, in that case you do run a greater risk of it peeling back for the same reasons I mentioned for tinting below the weather stripping on the door panel, but I'll give that up for eliminating the stupid border.

Yea, but that little problem is solved by using womans nail clear lack BTW, it secret of a trade lol, you get it like 5$ and you get a thin brush too :D lol.. just trace the line and let it harden, then it be like durable glass.. well that was a tip I learned from my friends who did DIY tinting...

cubert
03-13-2009, 08:45 AM
damn this thread for making me wanna tint my windows, and damn New Hampshire for having retarded tint laws:rant:

markmdz89hatch
03-13-2009, 08:50 AM
I understand it Mark, but to pay 1000$ to a guy to do my tinting is out of question.. I rather learn and fail few times, and still have 800$ in my pocket.
This is how much it can cost ya to do it here.. its nuts.
Herd about 3M but dynno. Llumar is said to have life time quality and 8 year scratch resistance.
Do you have any scratches in your car Mark or Ghetto? when you roll down windows and up, the cheap autozone or som like that crap have a tendency to peal off and get those nasty ugly lines that you see everytime you look out the window..

edit:

Yea, but that little problem is solved by using womans nail clear lack BTW, it secret of a trade lol, you get it like 5$ and you get a thin brush too :D lol.. just trace the line and let it harden, then it be like durable glass.. well that was a tip I learned from my friends who did DIY tinting...

That is a very cool idea. Nope, no scratches on mine, but I haven't used my car in years. Although I do have a nick in the tint on one window from when a friend took off his seatbelt and the buckle smacked the window. (I almost made him walk home that night.) I do agree that the metallic or ceramic will probably last longer. I have a friend with ceramic (or so he tells me) on his Infinti G35 and he (although i thought he was on crack for doing it) hit it with his key to show me how durable it was, and sure enough, no scratch.

Shit, for $1000 I'll first bitchslap the dude in his ear, then walk out of the shop. Yeah, at that price, try it yourself. My first car was done for $150 (although the dude was shady as hell, he did an awesome job) while others were around 200-250.

ghettogeddy
03-13-2009, 12:00 PM
ya dude 1k tell them to go fuck them selfvs lol i paid like 150-200 on all my cars

turabaka
03-13-2009, 12:17 PM
legal limit here is 35% on the fronts, and anything in the back. I'm running 20% all around, and the guy that did my tinting didn't say anything about it. I only had him do the passenger window, and the hatch though since the others were already tinted. charged me 30 bucks for those two windows.

accordion89
03-13-2009, 01:23 PM
lynnwood washington is retarded, I know its Illegal but I got a 250 ticket for no plates, I'm not risking anything anymore

accordion89
03-13-2009, 01:23 PM
*no front plates rather

2oodoor
03-13-2009, 01:51 PM

that is about the same in Georgia, but they will pick you out of traffic here and put meter on your windows, instant ticket. UNLESS you get a special document from you dr. that says you cant have bright flashes of light for medical reasons, You then have it notorized and sent it to GSP for a special permit for dark windows.
86Accord, come to Augusta and I can hook you up with whatever.

Most cars around here with dark tint are undercover. vice.. :cool:
of course even with a permit their is PC to check you and if theyez chronic reeking out the tinted window it will still be a bad day for ya. :nervous:

MessyHonda
03-14-2009, 12:44 AM
i just got a ticket today...fucking san mateo pigs....i was on lunch break too

AccordB20A
03-14-2009, 01:31 AM
35 is the darkest limit here lol

Hauntd ca3
03-14-2009, 02:04 AM
thats why if you have factory tinits you use 45 or 50 % tint aaron
you end up right about 35 or real close

2oodoor
03-14-2009, 05:14 AM
i just got a ticket today...fucking san mateo pigs....i was on lunch break too

dude .... you must have a nice collection of citations by now, be careful man.

Civic Accord Honda
03-14-2009, 09:43 AM
i have 1 pealing purple tinted window and 1 half tinted purple window on my civic :X... getting redone eventually with 5%

Tomisimo
03-14-2009, 11:59 AM
So any tips on best ceramic or metalized tint? price and durability?

86ccord
03-14-2009, 06:56 PM
wow this thread has really taken off..! but i was riding around savannah today and i saw a ass ton of illegal windows..

MessyHonda
03-15-2009, 01:05 AM
dude .... you must have a nice collection of citations by now, be careful man.

yeah....i still have picos parts car windows.....im going to install them and pass the test.....then install my tinted windows in the summer....i can also finish dynomating my front doors